My view of vores

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Postby SeruOmen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:28 pm

I'd hafta agree with the ones that said that it's not particularly vores, but people in general that do this. I have been sickened out of so many forums it's not even funny.

Honestly, this place here isn't so bad. You have people with different points of view, and sometimes arguments come up. But I've made some definite friends here. As for the appearance that older members appear to be closer, and it's hard to get into thier "groups"... yeah. that's true, not just here, but everywhere- people that have been friends longer seem to stick together more, and yes, it is hard to get into an exsisting group of friends. My suggestion is to just be more active in the community. I know personally, I'm not gonna consider someone I've only talked to two or three times a close friend.

Point is, this place is really no different than any other place in that aspect. I get people that make snide remarks to me, I get people that are nice to me, and occasionally I make snide remarks. It's people in general- we're horrible creatures. It's something you'll have to get used to =/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby CerberusTheHitman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:51 pm

*points to the Big Gulp message board around a month or so ago* That was bad. But now its really nice to be there again. I seriously have had almost no experience with assholes, in fact I tend to be the worst of them, and it's coming up on a year I've been a vore, and been around the community. All you have to do is realize that if people are assholes online, then they are just assholes ONLINE. And if they are your friend, then they are really your friend. You make things out how you want them to be.
CerberusTheHitman
Somewhat familiar

Postby TW » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:14 pm

One of the things I have noticed among ALL communities is this.

There are those who geniunaly want to be there, make friends, chat, rp or what have you.

THe ones who come in and cause the trouble are the ones who do not agree with anything outside of their veiw of the world. THey may say they like Vore, yet put them to the test and they have no idea what it is, or they only know a small portion of what vore or whatever the site is about.

I have seen many message boards fall apart, fetish related or not. People get their feelings hurt and retaliate. A good thing to do? No, yet many people do it.

All of us have our own Dislikes/likes and we try and come together with people who think the way we do. The best thing we can do is allow everyone their individuality and let them enjoy their particular fetish.
You like scat? Fine, I am happy for you. I don't, yet I won't flame you for liking scat.

I have seen people quit communities for less.... Yes I have been around a while, I have seen many things go on within the Vore community. THe worst is seeing us tear ourselves apart from within.....

*Blinks and looks back over his post.....*
I wrote that?

8O
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby Kamesennin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:18 pm

Are you people not hearing me? I said this had nothing to do with eka's portal stuff. This is all of the vores... I agree that people have a cruel nature, but I don't see why they enjoy it so much online. And seruomen, if you see some real assholes hanging out, are you going to run up to them and try to make friends?

And yes, I shouldn't have put a percentage. But maybe it will make some of you ponder if your in that group somewhere... something to think about, eh?
Kamesennin
Somewhat familiar

Postby TW » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:38 pm

Kamesennin wrote:Are you people not hearing me? I said this had nothing to do with eka's portal stuff. This is all of the vores... I agree that people have a cruel nature, but I don't see why they enjoy it so much online. And seruomen, if you see some real assholes hanging out, are you going to run up to them and try to make friends?

And yes, I shouldn't have put a percentage. But maybe it will make some of you ponder if your in that group somewhere... something to think about, eh?

I wasn't refering to Eka's myself.

Also, On a side note here is something about opnions

Opionions are like Butts, everyone has one. Some are larger than others..
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

I know it's not my place to butt in and intervene, but...

Postby Kaoru » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:50 pm

Kamesennin wrote:Are you people not hearing me? I said this had nothing to do with eka's portal stuff. This is all of the vores... I agree that people have a cruel nature, but I don't see why they enjoy it so much online. And seruomen, if you see some real assholes hanging out, are you going to run up to them and try to make friends?

Kamesennin, for the most part, I see the people here talking about all vores, and even taking it further, incorporating outside groups. Just because they mention Eka's portal or certain people focus on it... well, so what? They may not have outside experience or they may just want to forget the past. As for what people enjoy...

Hell. I once spent about an hour and a half talking to several people on Furcadia outside of Kaliera's Vore Club. They were booing and jeering everyone around them, because they hated furries.

I tried to be rather polite, myself. My inquiries led me to discovering that no, they didn't think that it was rather foolish to get online on Furcadia and spend all their time insulting everyone around you, especially people they'd never met. Furthermore, that they thought some of the reactions they got were fun.

Eventually, they kinda got bored talking to me since I wasn't freaking out and yelling at them or anything. I did make an effort to befriend them, but, eh... In all honest, you never know if someone's really an asshole unless you get to know them. Are they having a bad day? Is this a rough time in their life? Do they have something in their past that makes them act the way they do?

-Shrug-. As for a percentage... pardon me, but that sounds almost vindictive, Kame :P Considering that we can't read your mind, plenty of people could take offense to something like that!

...There's also a divide, remember, between acting like an asshole and being one...
"It is better to die for an idea that will live, than to live for an idea that will die." ~ Steve Biko
And Now Whatever Way Our Stories End, I Know You Have Re-Written Mine - By Being My Friend.
-To Paul
Kaoru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kamesennin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:06 pm

Whatever, you people are actually doing the same thing that the argument is about... so um, yea.
Kamesennin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:11 pm

Kamesennin wrote:Whatever, you people are actually doing the same thing that the argument is about... so um, yea.

Not being very patient are we?

If you are not planning on making your point clear, don't expect it to come across clearly. It begins to sound like you really isn't here trying to solve anything, more just for here for the chance to rant.

(PS: Deleted a guest respond and exchange because it is a direct insult. We don't tolerant those here. Get a real login name and Private message someone if you have a problem with someone. Keep Drama in private please.)
Eka
Administrator

Postby Squall » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 pm

Kame, I believe that being polite is the first thing you should do when you start posting on a forum. It helps you get friends and puts you in good standing with the administrator of the website. The thing about the vore community is that vore is not really mainstream yet, I doubt it'll be a while before it is, but in the small amount of people who actually like this fetish, and others branching off it, half of them are assholes. Now that may be an incorrect figure, but it is a guesstimate. I will admit, I am an asshole, but I always try to be polite when I first get on a forum. I also subscribe to this belief: Flame me once, shame on me; Flame me twice, I'm gonna fuck you up, nigga:). Seriously, I only write mean things when they are directed at me. So far everybody here has had a nice attitude when it comes to posting, and I am very appreciative of that. In every mother's words, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.".
Unbirth, Mausiophile, Vore...
We all have our choices, so let's have fun with them.
Squall
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ruki » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:25 pm

Hating people is hard work, much too hard for me.
Being angry, too.

I tend to go into any situation with guns blazing, poking fun at the world, anyone nearby, and myself. It's just the way I am. I avoid swearing and such because I like to let people know I'm not serious. I have a very long fuse, and one that can't be ignited by anything on the internet. As an "extreme" fetishist in all S&M matters, I've learned you either take everything you see as text and only text, or you get angry, depressed, possibly disturbed, and miss the occasional night of sleep. All four have happened to me in the past.

When I run into someone genuinely angry or hateful, I tend to laugh at them. Why, I can't quite explain, but for the most part I think the internet is not a place for serious emotion. It's not a place for hatred, and as many people have oh-so-painfully learned, it's not a place for love. Am I still on topic? This was originally going to just be the first sentence. I haven't met a rude vore on my time in the chat here, and if things are really that bad I'd say we at Eka's have something to be proud of. High fives all around and three cheers for voreaphile solidarity.
Ruki
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion