Tobuka Islands OOC (PATHFINDER, CLOSED)

This board is for forum based vore roleplay of all type!

Re: Tobuka Islands OOC (PATHFINDER, CLOSED)

Postby Voidrazor » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:59 pm

I think that the successive rolls might be a good idea. Miss the first roll and you get no noms. Miss the second and you just got em grappled. Miss the third and they are wedged in a throat. Stopping after a failure seems a nice way to keep it from being a bit rubber bandy while still letting lucky triple good rolls grant a nice full tum. That said, I do have concerns with this over the prey side of things. Would they also get the same chances to escape or no? Once a pred eats someone is it already a back and forth just to keep them down at times. Instant escape for the prey could save someone, but overall I think escaping should be harder than getting eaten. After all the inside of a gut is slimy and cramped and hard to push or crawl out of.

Personally, I think the super pred bonus should only apply if you are trying to eat someone you don't even have grappled yet. If you try it on someone free and clear you might get lucky, but once that grapple starts it is a fight for control. Pred and prey both getting the normal one roll, unless they have feats to increase this, as they struggle to eat or escape. This way, you can't use all three rolls to instant eat all the time and keep prey permanently inside a gut, or have prey that shoot out of the pred's mouth like a rocket. That is however just my view on things, take it for what you will.

Side note: HELLO NEW WIZARD FRIEND! Welcome to the game! Abby will be VERY happy to meet cha! Spellbooks are fun! SOOOO FUN! Especially when Alchemists can copy some things, if you let them of course. :D
Voidrazor
Participator

Postby Razgriz » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:27 am

Ula wrote:I think that the successive rolls might be a good idea. Miss the first roll and you get no noms. Miss the second and you just got em grappled. Miss the third and they are wedged in a throat. Stopping after a failure seems a nice way to keep it from being a bit rubber bandy while still letting lucky triple good rolls grant a nice full tum.

Combat will take eons if we back and forth with "did this hit?", so either we know their defenses prior or GM rolls for us.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Anime_Chaos » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 am

Either way your offensive post would still end with the attempt. Actually eating someone just becomes part of a rest of the round summary in your next action's post.
In the event I have vanished it means I no longer have internet access.
Anime_Chaos
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Anime_Chaos wrote:Either way your offensive post would still end with the attempt. Actually eating someone just becomes part of a rest of the round summary in your next action's post.

Exactly, you would always roll three successive rolls, the second or third is just irrelevant if the previous roll failed
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voidrazor » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Exactly, you would always roll three successive rolls, the second or third is just irrelevant if the previous roll failed

This was my thinking when I posted it, sorry if I was a little less than clear
Voidrazor
Participator

Postby Razgriz » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:50 am

i'm seeing one post a month.. So is this deceased ?
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Anime_Chaos » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Games die. It happens. Nothing to lose sleep over in the end.
Anime_Chaos
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:15 pm

Yeah, honestly I've kind of lost energy when it comes to this game. I like what I wanted to do, but I've been finding it difficult to think up how to phrase what I want. It's not you guys, it's just a problem with me and sustained projects. If you want, I can leave out my notes for what we were going to do.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Razgriz » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:16 am

Yeah, dragging it along for as long as it has been. No sense in drawing it out.
I'd be interested in seeing the notes.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Anime_Chaos » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:39 pm

I'd like to see the notes too. Looking into the would be future of the game could be fun.
Anime_Chaos
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voidrazor » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Kinda sad to see the game go, but I understand things happen. I would like to know what was planned if we are not gonna be continuing though.
Voidrazor
Participator

Postby Zephyr42 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:35 am

OK, first of all, I'd like to thank everyone who played. We got to over 1000 posts in about four years. That's absolutely amazing and we couldn't have done that without everyone who showed up and showed interest. This was quite the learning experience for me and I'm glad I had a group like all y'all to start out with.

Now, here's what I had planned:

Coral Shelf would be under attack by the same guys with the whale emblem. I'm debating whether you would've fought the same mercenaries as in your second encounter, having been resurrected. They would be poisoning the coral, and part of the encounter would've been disarming the chemical bombs they were planting. Once that was done, you all would've got a choice. You could travel back with the ship on your original route.

However, the mayor was also willing to pay to have someone take a look at the shortcut to your next destination. This would've led to a non-combat encounter involving navigation, where you all'd have to find your way through a series of caves until you reached the next island. On the other side, you'd be introduced to the Whale Syndicate, an organized crime group doing some moving and shaking in the islands. If you took the ship back, you'd encounter them at dock, where they'd be responsible for keeping your ship in quarantine until they could take their revenge on you (you'd have to escape).

In either case, you'd make it to the port town of Unity Cove. This is a town that was designed so humans and merfolk could live side-by-side. It'd be sort of like Laketown from the Hobbit meets Ga-Koro from Bionicle, with low platforms close to the water's surface so humans and merfolk could walk together and buildings specially built so merfolk could enter and browse from the water. You'd have an collection of inns to choose from.

And now you get a new set of options for how to get to the island of Drasz. Option one is bribing someone to take you over. Option two is trying to get in nice with the mayor and the area's representative to try and get onto an official transport to the island. Option three is my favorite, it involves getting in with a mage who's trying to build a series of stable teleportation gates to get between the islands. Your job would be to get him the things he needs. In exchange, he'd transport you to the island.

That wouldn't be for a while, though. Annorus would need about 40 days in Lili's belly in order for him to be ready (1 day = 1 week of pregnancy). In the meanwhile, you'd be kicking back doing whatever. However, you'd also be in the same town as the Whale Syndicate, as well as rival groups the Hammerhead Clan and the Cult of Nezia. Nezia (with permission from Netjak) is a deep sea mermaid goddess of destiny who's gone missing in recent years. The other is a family run by the redhead Lang slept with that one night. They'd both run things around the world which you'd start getting involved in.

Eventually, it would be about time for Annorus to be born, and the group would need to make it to the island. Lili would need to be in Annorus's temple so she could give birth to him there. Yes, there would be an encounter while Lili's in labor, and I'm not sure what the mechanics would be (move action to push? Strength check?). Anyway, once Annorus is born, Drasz would start coming back to life.

From then, I don't really have something solid. There would, however, be a quest with Nezia. She's the subject of Taizee's dream (all of the original players got one and everyone would continue to get them over the space of the adventure). The group would find the crystal pyramid she was imprisoned in and eventually free her.

Then we get to the endgame (about lvl 20). See, the Tobuka islands are the remains of a god. He got curious about life and tried to make his own world, but wound up blowing himself apart. He's still alive, though, and everything going on with various disasters is him trying to pull himself back together. That would be your final quest, putting him back together. The islands would be gone at the end, but you'd have a very grateful god pulling for you as well.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Razgriz » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:35 am

Zephyr42 wrote:Then we get to the endgame (about lvl 20). See, the Tobuka islands are the remains of a god. He got curious about life and tried to make his own world, but wound up blowing himself apart. He's still alive, though, and everything going on with various disasters is him trying to pull himself back together. That would be your final quest, putting him back together. The islands would be gone at the end, but you'd have a very grateful god pulling for you as well.

Ok thats kinda cool. But also assuming we'd wanna destroy the islands and ressurect a god :P
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore Roleplay