Pathfinder Chronicles IC thread (CLOSED)

This board is for forum based vore roleplay of all type!

Re: Pathfinder Chronicles IC thread (CLOSED)

Postby Razgriz » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 pm

( Adriaan: 16: 30ft, Brelia: 16: 30ft, Kay: 10: 30ft, Creature (3) (54): 13, Jon: 8: 30ft, Nilia: 7: 40ft, Irice: 2: 30ft. )

Just as the giant beast begins to swing itself over the side of the cliff; Adriaan throws the makeshift grappling hook and it lands next to Kay - whom manages to slash out with her sword on the retreating plant whom bellows in a low complaint over her sword biting dee in its vines. It thunks beside her; perhaps giving her oppertunity to do something about it, when Brelia slides into place beside her to heal the comrade. The hook at least seems like it has embedded itself reasonably well in the stone. Brelia and Kay are in perfect position to observe as the boy makes a leap of faith from the near-horizontal 'standing' plant creature's body and bulb, though falls short and screams. If the girls look over the side, there's no sign of him falling where the plant is swinging from grip to grip to make its way down the cliff and away from the party.

Some dangling legs can be seen swinging to and fro under the edge of the cliff. "Help!" (they can hear this if they dont look over) he yells, having luckily grabbed some roots of the dead tree beside the two of them. Nilia is already holding onto the rope, but with the hook secured in the stone near the edge - she isn't going to be pulling much towards herself like this.

Summary: Kay still can act, Jon can still act. Irice can still act. Sorry for the long delay, but had bouts of depression and was super busy over xmas.

Creature is leaving combat. Boy is dangling. )
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 pm

Nilia was just left looking disappointed at Adriaan for a moment after that pathetic throw, not even caring to try to pull it back in for him to throw again.

Though, with the hook seemingly secured well enough near the edge, the plant-beast fleeing, which she couldn't do anything about unless she wanted to 'waste' her last spear on it, and the frantic voice of the child she had thought plummeted to their death echoing up over the edge, the best course of action seemed simple enough! Slithering for the edge the big noodle, who likely was way too heavy for the rope to hold herself safely, just flung the end she had been holding onto over the edge, close to the child, while she grasped a section closer to it's anchor as she shouted out, "I'll pull you both up again once you got a hold of him!", to anyone in their little group who wanted to try their hand at wall-climbing.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sansuki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 am

Kay pants, grinning at Brelia as she comes up with the healing magic right before another wave of the plant's magic would have knocked her out and left her an easy meal for the plant to regain some of its health back as it fled and licked its wounds. As it was, she merely groaned as the thing fled. Part of the faun wanted badly to give chase, harry it, and finish the job of killing it, but with her little band still licking its many wounds that wasn't really a viable option. Instead, all they could do was save the dumb kid and get treated like proper heroes. In her armor, Kay isn't quite the best acrobat the city'd ever seen, but... well, fauns were basically half-goat, and everyone knew how well goats handled cliffs.

"Yeah, kid, hold on!" She calls out, roughly. She starts undoing catches on her armor, then grimaces. That'd take way too long. She was just going to have to chance it and hope the extra weight of armor didn't pull the tree out of its roots. Instead, the faun scurries over to the side of the cliff and over it without any hesitation at all, lowering herself with plain upper body strength to the tree roots. She grabs the plant goo'd kid firmly around the ribs, and calls out, "GET THE ROPE A LITTLE CLOSER, I GOT HIM!" to Nilia far above.

((I took a few liberties but I figured dicebot smiling on me justified it:

Climb: 1d20-1 19 Nat 20~))
sansuki
---

Postby Bright » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Hoping that the trees aura would have subsided, Jon runs after Kay in the hopes of being able to help her and Nilia with rescuing the kid.
"Let me help you!" He called out.

(Will spend the next round on using "Aid another" on either Nilia or Kay about pulling up the kid.)
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Razgriz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 pm

The aura has indeed subsided. "Is it safe?" Someone calls up, then members of the crowd attempted to move forward to the party in order to assist where possible - but many seem unsure exactly what they can do to help? Putting force on the grappling hook by leaning on it, holding the serpent woman to try and anchor her, using the rope to 'just in case' put a loop on the naga... Seems like Nilia was very popular suddenly.

Between Nilia's grip on the rope, her weight and Kay's daring rescue others began to assemble faster, trying where they could to help but largely just crowding the others. Jon manages to get ahead of this at least and is more hands on than most.

(Visuals skewed by the boy's imagination and exaggeration) Like the scene of a superhero scene, the Goat swings on in and grabs him, lifting him off the branch and single-handedly pulling herself up the mountain side some 100ft before getting both of them over the edge. The boy seemed thankful as he pushed himself against Kay in a hug.

The crowd cheers, throwing hats and jigs.

(level up to 2 everyone!)
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Menyra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Having given Kay the extra bit of healing she needed to get to the rescue, Brelia watches the fawn perform a daring rescue of the kid, and when he gets back up, she puts her crossbow back where it belongs, and holds her hands behind her back, watching the kid show his appreciation toward his savior. "Good job," she tells Kay, smirking at her. Then she turns to the townspeople who had also helped with the rescue... namely by '"helping" keep Nilia still. There's a flash of irritation in Brelia's face, but she suppresses it in order to look grateful and to actually take charge of the situation.

"Thank you all for your help, but now that you're all here this is a perfect time to make some things perfectly clear," she begins, stepping toward the helpers. "That giant plant monster... thing... isn't dead. Not by a long shot. All we did was chase it off, but I am certain that it will come back, and I have no idea when it will get done licking its wounds. So. To avoid any unnecessary disappearances, I suggest that everyone stay away from these cliffs. Children, adults, and yes, even the guards."

She turns back to the boy and shoots him a stern look, reminding him that she did indeed warn him.
Last edited by Menyra on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menyra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Netjak » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:41 am

After a moment of stunned surprise, as Kay just decided to climb down the cliff's edge instead of using the rope and anchoring she had provided to relatively safely abseil down to the child, Nilia snapped to at the shout of the faun, and with a flick of the rope sent it basically smacking into her. Leaning her human half a little over the edge, as to not fray the rope against the rocks, the naga called back with a sharp, "Just keep still and hold on! I'll pull you up!"

Now, Jon's assistance was appreciated, as if anything, a second set of eyes keeping watch of the cliff's edge and the rope to make sure neither suddenly crumbled or something was always a good thing, but once a heap of civilians cramped her, Nilia was less than pleased. Still, it was hardly the time to throw a hissy fit. Repressing her pride, the noodle just focused on pulling the two up, only her tailtip flicking about in frustration and a low, grumbling, "I really don't need all this help...", showing off her dissatisfaction with the 'help'.

Once the rescue was complete, Nilia would remain quiet, letting Brelia address the crowd. She was still too angry about the damn annoying shitty plant creature getting away to add anything meaningful to the conversation.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:05 am

Adriaan tries to take stock of what to do next, but the plant thing is running off by the time he's ready to go. He feels conflicted. On the one hand, the child was saved and he was at least a little more useful than he was in the last fight. Still, he knew he hadn't contributed much in this particular scrap. So he simply picks up his sling and walks over to the cliff face, keeping a distance from everyone already there. Once the child and Kay have been pulled up and are clear of the ledge, he walks over to retrieve his grappling hook and rope, untying them before repacking everything. Well, there was still one more task ahead of them; that could turn things around.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:14 pm

Ack, I've been slower than normal in getting a reply posted up here, had been waiting too much on others and forgot to check over here every so often.

Irice had felt that she was about to pass out from that plant's decaying aura and had barely managed to get outside the aura, though even though she had, she was too slow to save the boy herself from the plant's grasping vines and even as she's about to call on her god to send her hammer flying after the plant, she realizes that the bulb monster was going to get away...but is heartened to see Kay do some crazy acrobatic shenanigans, the type that Irice would be incapable of, to rescue the child. After waiting a few more seconds to ensure the aura of decay was actually gone, during which she'll cast a healing spell on herself, she moves over to whoever looks like they're even worse off from decay than herself and heal them.

Irice will cast CLW twice, using up her divine magic for the day. First one on herself for http://orokos.com/roll/696434 2 health healed, bringing her to 7/11. Second one on whoever else is badly injured for http://orokos.com/roll/696435 5 health healed. Have been struggling with major depression myself lately too. Level up roll http://orokos.com/roll/698230 8+3=11 HP gained.
Last edited by vore2412 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Razgriz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:04 pm

((sorry for the delay))

The townsmen are crowding, rowdy and celebrating; clearly ignoring the threat of danger that lives so far below. Perhaps they just needed a win to help rise spirits that had been forlorn and sunken lately? The place had been pretty muted as of late. Or maybe this was runoff from people observing the colleseum - easily entertained by what could be mistaken as a rigged or setup fight. Once the rabble had calmed down enough for Brelia to speak over them - most begin to listen. Though when Brelia finishes; one man amongst the crowd who can't be easily picked out calls up. "What will you do now?!" As if to assume these heroes had unfinished business.

Meanwhile Kay enjoyed a boy fixated on her waist and hips as he tightly embraced her as if she would never disappear from his grip, though perhaps he was enjoying the tit on his head. Who knows when the boy is that age.

Around this time, guards are now starting to reclaim order. "You eard em, away from the cliff!" One bellowed and began to mobilize the other guards to shuffle the crowd back towards the town. Presumibly the mob will be a little harder to disperse. Sounded like a few of them were barking questions or concerns now that the adrenaline of watching the epic rescue had subsided.

A short man on a balcony overlooking the gate waves to the party if they catch attention to him; he's wearing a scuffy damaged tophat that rivals his own height - which isn't that tall to begin with. This is perhaps so he doesn't get lost in crowds?

(reminder to level to 2, all)
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:53 am

With the crowd swarming all of them, Nilia would undoubtedly get her tail or tailtip stepped on, and naturally only get all the more worked up. Starting to push people away from herself to regain her personal space, the noodle would call out, "Seriously, get away! I'll fucking eat the next one who steps on me, you know! I have stuff to do, so mooove it!"

Being relatively perceptive despite being a bit of a brute, the lamia did eventually spot the odd fellow looking on from above, and would give the tiniest of handwaves in return, before finding her party again. Drawing a deep, relieved sigh, assuming that the crowds weren't pestering them anymore, Nilia would ask, "So, are we going to go after that thing once we are patched up? ... I don't think we have finished the deed yet. By the way, I also need to refill on javelins, and maybe get a few extra, so do anyone else need to do some more shopping after this?"
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Menyra » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:56 am

And there goes Brelia's being in good graces with this child. Unfortunate, but at least Kay made a friend! The feline's response to the man who had asked about the future of their group is simply to shake her head and shrug, indicating that she has no idea what they're going to be doing next. Though once the crowd disperses, she notes the man who is waving to the group from his balcony, and she gives him a smile and acknowledging nod before she, too, regroups with the rest.

"I for one am interested in what that guy has to tell us," she says, jabbing her thumb in his direction. "After that, we get paid for our deed today. Even if we didn't finish the job, a child saved and a plant monster identified should be worth something." She puts her hands on her hips and nods her head once more. "If we're going to be chasing that thing down, however, I'd prefer we lick our wounds first. It may be wounded, but we're wounded worse. I, for one, will likely pay a visit to an old colleague of mine who is well-versed in the art of..." the feline hides her face while blushing slightly, "wound licking."
Menyra
Somewhat familiar

Postby sansuki » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:03 am

Kay seems to soak up the adulation of the crowd readily enough, and reflexively signs a few autographs; when the kid keeps clinging to her leg, though, she hobbles over to Brelia. "This one was attached to ya, right? Go on, kid, don't wander near the cliff edges anymore," she says, brusque but polite enough giving him the brushoff without too much extra thought. "Anyway, I agree with ya. Wish we'd had time to finish the job and kill the thing, get a bounty on its petal or whatever, but this is good enough. Makes our name, too. " The faun chortles at talking about wound licking, and unnecessarily adds, "Licking wounds AND other stuff, right?"
sansuki
---

Postby Zephyr42 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:34 am

Adriaan turns to Nilia. "Well, I'm prettymuch good," he says. Kay's remark causes him to blush a little. "And I think I could use a chance to recuperate as well. Though I'll probably just be doing it back at the hotel." That last bit is addressed at least partly at Kay, given that he looks at her when he says it. There's a small frown on his face, too; a polite request for Kay to not tease Brelia any further. Pity. Some magical healing would've been nice, but he's willing to respect Brelia's privacy.

As the party heads back, Adriaan notices the man's top hat. It looks like one he happened on a while ago, when he was less than half his current age. He can't help but admire the tacky little thing. He waves back. "Morning!" he calls up. "I like your hat!"
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Razgriz » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:42 am

Thankfully for Nilia; the crowd has indeed dispersed to reduce her stress, not to mention reducing the likliness of her eating some innocent bystander and denting the party's good name, while Kay gets a stroke through her fur and seperation of the boy from her leg. "A-alright." He nods to both of them, giving both girls a smile before turning and dashing off. He seemed so full of energy now, compared to the scared state he had been in.

Adriaan gets a laugh out of the short man, his impressive moustache almost rivals the width of his shoulders and is white, while his tophat looks like it's seen better days. There's a stairway along the outside of the balcony that he walks down while speaking. "Ah, thank you! It's a bit of a trophy of survival. But i don't need to tell you warriors something like that." He gleams and bows his head. "I am Sir Mcorney; mayor." He introduces. "And thanks to you, we now know what has been abducting these fine people." He offers a bag which jingles when he shakes it for them to split amongst themselves, before tossing it to Adrian to catch.

"Perhaps you could check on our early burly group that went to investigate the caravan disappearances? More gold would be in it for you." He offers before looking at the state of the group. "After you rest, of course. I'm certain they can look after themselves long enough for you to get there to support them."

(poke me if i missed anything. Everyone gets 25gp)
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:37 am

Jon tries to remember if he's ever seen the mayor at the arena, but it's hard to spot a person among a crowd, so he dismisses the thought.

He looks to the others of the group:
"I dunno about you guys, but getting paid for fighting sure beats fighting without getting paid."
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Zephyr42 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:13 pm

Adriaan freezes for a moment as he realizes he's looking at the mayor (and he can't help but spare a glance looking for any guards who might be looking to rearrest him for something). Still, he recovers quickly enough to catch the money. "Thank you, sir!" he calls up. "We'll do that right after we've rested up a bit."

He then turns around and starts distributing the cash. "Amen to that," he tells Jon. All of the coins are distributed fairly before Adriaan takes the bag and the last 25 gold. "I think I might stop to get something to eat," he says. "Something I know the restaurant bought themselves. Anyone up for an early lunch?" Adriaan's own stomach gurgles a bit in response.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Nilia's expression remains the same after the reveal of who the older gentleman was and their payment, though she would of course mutter a quick, "Thank you", to him, before accepting her share of the gold and pocketing it along with the rest of her cash.

Nodding to Adriaan's suggestion of lunch, or dinner, the noodle gave a matter of factly, "Yeah, I want to get some food, recover and relax. I feel pretty drained."

If the party was about to wander on through the town, she'd also suggest plotting their course through the town past the weapon shop she had purchased from earlier in the day. She needed at least four more javelins, it would seem.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Menyra » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Brelia opts to ignore the unnecessary comment that Kay made to her and quickly regains her composure to appear as though she had never said such a thing in the first place. Upon receiving payment from the man who had revealed himself to be the mayor, she gives him an appreciative nod. "It was the right thing to do," she says to him sweetly before turning back to the party.

"Some food does sound good, too. I could use some after that. It's been a while since breakfast, after all. And don't worry Nilia, we'll get you your javelins. Your most recent payment should more than cover it."
Menyra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Razgriz » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 am

The mayor waves them off and seems largely unguarded, he heads back up on the balcony. He's surprisingly 'out of town' for being the leader of it. Right on the border of the gates, really. Still. Pathing the route for some javelins is easy enough and the blacksmith offers a deal to Nilia; if she keeps buying them, she'll knock the price down. Not for this batch, but future batches - ensuring a return customer. Four Javelins cost her 4gp.

Next, Adriaan leads the party to eating areas - Fast food types, with giant 'meat' on a stick for 15 silver per meal, more expensive sitting areas for 1gp per person and fine dining with what could be presumed would be owners of slaves and fighters for 10gp per head. Alternatively you could head back to the inn you stayed at or go to another inn.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore Roleplay