D&DLite Player Driven Nintendo/Panfandom Discord RP

This board is for forum based vore roleplay of all type!

D&DLite Player Driven Nintendo/Panfandom Discord RP

Postby Artemis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Yo! It's your girl Artemis, doing something insanely ambitious again. This time I'm pondering a new group RP, and I'm looking for suggestions, feedback and an interest check. I'm thinking of having it be a Discord server. (If you're interested in 1x1 scenes, check my profile out, PM me or poke me in Eka's chat if you happen to see me!) As always the nature of the RP will require and cater to at least a moderate amount of flexibility in terms of preferences. Most especially one's pred/prey role, since the nature of a persistent world group RP means being a prey might, but may not always, be bad for your health. If you're interested in receiving an invite, state that you're signing up in your post and I'll add you to a list that I will PM after I actually start getting things set up.

All that being said, let me break down some of the major selling points for this RP as I see them. If you have any suggestions or opinions on some of the choices I'm debating, go ahead and make them here. If there's significant interest for multiple ideas, maybe I'll just make multiple servers and see how it goes. So don't hesitate to tell me you're interested in one or more idea. Remember that as you continue reading.

The D&D Lite Backbone
When I say D&D Lite, I mean loosely based upon the principles of D&D (Rolling dice, having stats that affect your performance, having abilities that determine how your character fights) but heavily simplified to allow for easier pickup and play, as well as more flexible roleplaying. Here's the basic premise:

You've got your core handful of stats and a certain amount of points to spend on them, letting you customize what your character is and isn't good at on a basic level.

You get to create your own combat mechanics for your character. Bumpy to learn at first, but allows for unprecedented freedom in customization compared to actual D&D. They deal set amounts of damage or perhaps even have buffing, healing or status inflicting mechanics! Your local GMs will often review abilities / attacks to ensure a level of balance and prevent any fun-killing shenanigans.

You get to assign strengths, resistances and weaknesses to your character in terms of types of vore, which act as soft preferences that make it easier to avoid the types of vore you don't want and find the types you do. There is a simple balancing system in place where characters with weaknesses get to have more strengths/resistances.

You get to level up by completing quests and eating enemies. This gets you more of all the above, allowing for character progression.

I have a decent amount of experience with system work, and have tested my system out live on several occasions. I'm debating between using Google Docs or just plaintext for the character sheets.

The Setting
A general Anime/Manga/Gaming crossover where most canon characters are allowed. The world consists of various locations from across the multiverse stitched together onto a new planet. New locations are possible via suggestion and the server voting. Original Characters are allowed, however, to prevent OC oversaturation you may only ever have 1 more OC than you have canon characters and OCs must exist within an appropriate canon setting.

Preferences and Comfort Zones
When it comes to non-vore stuff and certain more extreme types of vore, we'll try and account for people's individual preferences or, failing that, keep things reasonably mild and tolerable. We'll keep track of special preferences using the accomodations section of your character sheet.

Player Driven, what's that?
Basically, it means that I won't be railroading a plot or central group of players. I provide an open world. I provide the administrative needs of the server. Maybe I plant plot 'seeds' to give people ideas for things to do. And maybe I do come up with some plots and storylines, and you'll have the option to get involved if you want. But I won't ever be doing the traditional GM thing where I force people into a group

Players will have the opportunity to tell their own stories about their own characters and orchestrate their own fights and story arcs. Players who have demonstrated they can handle the responsibility will be given a special GM role that allows them greater control over the world.

What about staff?
The GM role mentioned above is the role for people who want to help by controlling the world and telling plots. But I could benefit from a second hand or two. A moderator's job would be making sure the rules are followed, settling disputes and giving new character abilities/moves the approval stamp. You'd have to ask me personally about that.

Early Sign Up List:
Bright
Razgriz
MasterGryph
Sylvira
Zephyr42
Killjoy364
Gunlet
PlasmaTech225
ScreakingEagle
Aqualite
Smallsmallrose
GeneticMess

Interested? Join up at this link!
https://discord.gg/pVnKj4H
Last edited by Artemis on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: D&DLite Player Driven Nintendo/Panfandom Discord RP

Postby Bright » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Sign me up for this.
Timezones might be a bit difficult, but I think it might be fun.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Razgriz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:23 am

I'd be curious to try this. Discord is a good platform for this kind of thing.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MasterGryph » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:41 pm

This looks interesting.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Sylvira » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Definitely an intriguing idea; I'm interested in trying this out.
Sylvira
???

Postby Zephyr42 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm down with this. Sign me up!
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Killjoy364 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:43 am

is there any room for one more per chance?
Killjoy364
---

Postby Gunlet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:49 am

I'm down
Gunlet
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Killjoy364 wrote:is there any room for one more per chance?

Absolutely! This is not a limited spots RP.

Thank you all for your support. c: I will begin working on setting up a server. I'll open it once character creation is possible Due to the lack of any opinions being voiced on the setting, I will most likely be considering either the Nintendo Multiverse or the Animanga and Gaming Multiverse ideas.

In the meantime, feel free to continue signing up! The nature of this server will allow for people to join at any time and in any amount.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby PlasmaTech225 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Count me in!
PlasmaTech225
Participator

Postby Killjoy364 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:40 pm

I am mostly for the pokemans game and maybe anime?
Killjoy364
---

Postby ScreakingEagle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:19 pm

I figured I’d break of the lurker phase eventually and this sounds like the perfect time.
We have:
-D&D
-Pokémans
- gaming
-(the big one) An actual fight between the two or more people. No fighting back is just boring
- Wafuis (anime)
- and another discord server to add to my collection

Count me in on this one. Speaking of I’ve seen your work before, mind giving pointers on my future ideas? It was almost finished but multiple essays at the same time have stopped it this week. Could include team rocket experiments going too far. It involves leaf if that draws you in.
ScreakingEagle
New to the forum

Postby Aqualite » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Sign me up. I have things I can add to the table. ^^
I just really like girls! (In girls!)
Aqualite
Been posting for a bit

Postby smallsmallrose » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Sign me up!
smallsmallrose
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Thanks for signing up~! The server is up. I'll be sending out invites as soon as I feel the character sheet has had all the kinks worked out. (Pun intended) I'm currently working with a couple of beta testers to finish things up as I write. c: Once you can apply for your character you'll all be invited. Stay tuned! I'm trying to get this done by tomorrow.

ScreakingEagle wrote:Count me in on this one. Speaking of I’ve seen your work before, mind giving pointers on my future ideas? It was almost finished but multiple essays at the same time have stopped it this week. Could include team rocket experiments going too far. It involves leaf if that draws you in.

I don't consider myself a fanfiction writer, as I struggle too much with maintaining a muse when I'm writing alone. Unless you mean future ideas for the server, in which case absolutely! I love working with Pokemon stuff. I'd be happy to listen to your ideas and see if anything comes to mind. And of course, Leaf is great. 'u'
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GeneticMess » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Timezones may be iffy for me, I've come to learn, but I'd certainly be interested in dipping my toes into these newer waters. As someone who's strictly 1-on-1'd for most of their RPing career, this seems like a good opportunity to try something new. A Pokemon or Nintendo crossover setting would be my cup of tea, I don't know anything/enough about anime or manga. Any limit on characters-per-player? I just plan to use an OC and possibly play another OC or canon character, nothing more than that.
Eka's Gallery (vore short stories):
https://aryion.com/g4/user/GeneticMess
GeneticMess
???

Postby Artemis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:07 am

GeneticMess wrote:Timezones may be iffy for me, I've come to learn, but I'd certainly be interested in dipping my toes into these newer waters. As someone who's strictly 1-on-1'd for most of their RPing career, this seems like a good opportunity to try something new. A Pokemon or Nintendo crossover setting would be my cup of tea, I don't know anything/enough about anime or manga. Any limit on characters-per-player? I just plan to use an OC and possibly play another OC or canon character, nothing more than that.

There's definitely a different feel to an RP with a somewhat persistent world that you tend to get from group RPs. I'll be glad to have you!

As for character limits, right now the idea we're working with is 3 to start and more open slots as a reward for playing the characters you already own.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GeneticMess » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:18 am

Artemis wrote:There's definitely a different feel to an RP with a somewhat persistent world that you tend to get from group RPs. I'll be glad to have you!

As for character limits, right now the idea we're working with is 3 to start and more open slots as a reward for playing the characters you already own.

Great, can’t wait to get started!

Chances are I’ll stick to two characters at most, but hey, who knows? Guess we’ll see.
Eka's Gallery (vore short stories):
https://aryion.com/g4/user/GeneticMess
GeneticMess
???

Postby Artemis » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 pm

The server is up! Took slightly longer than I anticipated to get that last bug testing done, but it was worth it since I think most of the bugs in the character sheet got worked out! As this is a public server, I will be leaving a link here for new people to go ahead and join! I'll be sending out PMs soon.

https://discord.gg/pVnKj4H
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby pinkicomp » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Hopefully I can still join, the logistics are a little different then what I normally see from my usual d&d session, which might make it confusing at first, but hopefully I can still join in! This sounds really fun!
CheezBurgers and a Pink Salad, Totally Normal. :gulp:
pinkicomp
---

Next

Return to Vore Roleplay