Any chance of implementing topic notifications on site?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Any chance of implementing topic notifications on site?

Postby shaneh28 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm

My email is a lot slower than this website and it's an alt that I almost never use, so I'm unlikely to ever see notifications there.
shaneh28
New to the forum

Re: Any chance of implementing topic notifications on site?

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:58 pm

If you are saying E-mail notification is not good enough. No. We have no plan to add another form of notification. You should consider simply changing to a more timely e-mail server instead. Or set up redirect of some type.
Eka
Administrator

Postby shaneh28 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Alts are more difficult to come by these days, my dude; and it's not the server, it's gmail being bloated and my internet speed being horrible. (under 1mbps)

Also, maybe it's just my impression, but you're coming off as a little bristly. I wasn't trying to criticize the website or it's mods.

Just out of curiosity, is your reason related to server load, the time and effort necessary to implement new features, or your philosophy on how the website should look and work? (again, not meant in a negative way or as any form of criticism; genuinely interested in web design. Also please don't ban me.)
shaneh28
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Also, maybe it's just my impression, but you're coming off as a little bristly. I wasn't trying to criticize the website or it's mods.

Not a problem at all. A lot of people mistaken someone being upfront and prompt as being bristly. I'm telling you we have no plan because, well. We don't. I'm just being honest and forward.

Just out of curiosity, is your reason related to server load, the time and effort necessary to implement new features, the your philosophy on how the website should look and work?

As for reason. I don't really have time to provide philosophy discussion on every feature requests beyond "We don't have time to commit to the request".

Also please don't ban me.

Don't you think it is a little rude to imply something like that when I took time to answer your request in the first place?
Eka
Administrator

Postby shaneh28 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Eka wrote:

Not a problem at all. A lot of people mistaken someone being upfront and prompt as being bristly. I'm telling you we have no plan because, well. We don't. I'm just being honest and forward.

"our website isn't good enough for you?" comes off as a little passive aggressive.

Just out of curiosity, is your reason related to server load, the time and effort necessary to implement new features, the your philosophy on how the website should look and work?

As for reason. I don't really have time to provide philosophy discussion on every feature requests beyond "We don't have time to commit to the request".

That's fine. just wanted to know, is all.

Also please don't ban me.

Don't you think it is a little rude to imply something like that when I took time to answer your request in the first place?

Maybe, but I've never interacted with the mods on this website before; and having been banned from other websites for no reason whatsoever (other than simply because they can), I'd rather play it safe than sorry (though it was meant to be in a sort of joking tone).

Also, thanks.
shaneh28
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:31 pm

"our website isn't good enough for you?" comes off as a little passive aggressive.

That is your word, not mine.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff