Tips and Tricks of the Portal

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Re: Tips and Tricks of the Portal

Postby Pokemon144 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:50 pm

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/samikolon/dxfgvhbjnkm_128_zpsaf024b88.gif
im also open for private roleplaying, as long as I get to be a pokemon
Pokemon144
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nerva » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:30 am

Okay, hang on. I think I see the problem, or potentially problems.

First, it's on a secure (https://) domain. Those tend not to work well for image embedding/linking. Second, it's on Google user content webspace, which if I'm not mistaken, is meant for Google users to customize their Google-hosted webpages. Since this site's not hosted by Google, they may simply disallow the image to be linked offsite.

What I suggest is that you upload the pic to a different host, such as imgur, imageshack, or photobucket.

I have tested this image on my own photobucket account, so I know it's not a problem with the image itself. It's a problem with your choice of hosting.
Nerva
???

Postby Pokemon144 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:09 pm

OKay, thanks.
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/samikolon/dxfgvhbjnkm_128_zpsaf024b88.gif
im also open for private roleplaying, as long as I get to be a pokemon
Pokemon144
Somewhat familiar

Postby deef0000dragon1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:36 am

Just a quick ask, but ai i rarly have time to stop at the site and check, is it possible to email myself when someone i watch submits something?
deef0000dragon1
New to the forum

Postby Explorer30305 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:47 am

Is there any way to use boolean operators in the Gallery search? As in, not the forum advanced search, but the gallery advanced search. Often times, I would like to exclude certain tags from my searches, or search for parts of words, and I haven't figured out how to in the current system.

I would also like to know if the current text search searches within writing documents, because as far as I can see, it only searches the description and the title.
Explorer30305
Been posting for a bit

Postby stressformurder » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:01 am

I cant seem to figure out how to add an image to the background of my profile :(
stressformurder
Participator

Postby tigercloud » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 pm

stressformurder wrote:I cant seem to figure out how to add an image to the background of my profile :(

https://aryion.com/g4/settings.php?edit=theme

You need to provide a link of the image in "Background Image URL", make sure to add a background color as fallback as well
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby Pickle » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:44 am

I'm having a bit of trouble formatting my stories well. I use plain text because it's the only way I can seem to upload. Are there any experienced writers out there who could give me a helping hand?
Pickle
New to the forum

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:24 am

See my blog on this site, “How I Work”. It addresses your problem.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby arcticsnow » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 pm

When searching by tags, searching "av" does the same as typing in 'anal vore'. Same with "ov" for 'oral vore'. Are there any other abbreviated search terms like this?
arcticsnow
New to the forum

Postby HalfDime » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:04 pm

Hey, does anybody know how to upload crisp, high-quality thumbnails like these to written works? It doesn't seem to matter which format, image size, or file size I use, the images always come out grainy and microscopic.
HalfDime
New to the forum

Postby tigercloud » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:44 am

HalfDime wrote:Hey, does anybody know how to upload crisp, high-quality thumbnails like these to written works? It doesn't seem to matter which format, image size, or file size I use, the images always come out grainy and microscopic.

I can't upload Thumbnails to written works, but when I inspect the file its 300x300pixel wide, how about try to upload a file with exact that pixel size?
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby HalfDime » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:57 pm

tigercloud wrote:
HalfDime wrote:
Hey, does anybody know how to upload crisp, high-quality thumbnails like these to written works? It doesn't seem to matter which format, image size, or file size I use, the images always come out grainy and microscopic.

I can't upload Thumbnails to written works, but when I inspect the file its 300x300pixel wide, how about try to upload a file with exact that pixel size?

Unfortunately, I have tried that, and unfortunately, no dice. I appreciate the thought, though.
HalfDime
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Technical stuff