g4 :: Gallery Upgrade Landmark

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Re: g4 :: Gallery Upgrade Landmark

Postby CanisLupisVulpe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm not sure if this already been mention, but I notice recent text files don't look as nice as they did before. They're basically showing up as blocks of text, either with or without spaces. The type of word file I use is .rtf.
Life's biggest frustration is you have to die
And when you're gone, will anybody care why?
CanisLupisVulpe
---

Postby nanakra » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:53 am

Just discovered the new feature to create folders for your favorites and stumbled on to a bug.
I made two folders. The folders appear both in the top, drag on to category, section and in the favorites section.
When I drag a fave to the folder in the top bar, everything is fine.
However when I dragged the next one to the folder that appears in the actual list with the favorites, it freaked out.
Now I have doubles of the two folders and the doubles redirect to the front page and the favorites appear to be lost.
Also, the duplicated folders will not delete or allow their label to be changed and generate an error.
Error and URLs for the duped folders in the code tag.

Code: Select all
Unexpected Error.  Please inform Leshana. Details:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/aryion/public_html/g4/lib/class.item.php on line 578

Folder 1: http://aryion.com/g4/favorites/nanakra/Scat%0A++++++++++
Folder 2: http://aryion.com/g4/favorites/nanakra/Digestion%0A+++++

Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Leshana » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:20 pm

nanakra wrote:Just discovered the new feature to create folders for your favorites and stumbled on to a bug.
I made two folders. The folders appear both in the top, drag on to category, section and in the favorites section.
When I drag a fave to the folder in the top bar, everything is fine.
However when I dragged the next one to the folder that appears in the actual list with the favorites, it freaked out.
Now I have doubles of the two folders and the doubles redirect to the front page and the favorites appear to be lost.
Also, the duplicated folders will not delete or allow their label to be changed and generate an error.
Error and URLs for the duped folders in the code tag.

Code: Select all
Unexpected Error.  Please inform Leshana. Details:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/aryion/public_html/g4/lib/class.item.php on line 578

Folder 1: http://aryion.com/g4/favorites/nanakra/Scat%0A++++++++++
Folder 2: http://aryion.com/g4/favorites/nanakra/Digestion%0A+++++

This is actually fixed to prevent it from happening again now, and and all existing broken categories have been restored.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Indighost » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Imrhys wrote:Comparing notes we figured out it refuses fatal, but accepts Fatal. This thing is case sensitive now?

I just tested this on my story and I agree. It refuses F/m and only allows F/M. This confuses me because I was taught to believe that F/m means macro/micro vore and F/M means same-size.

-However, tags that I entered in by copypaste are fine.

-Also, a note about *.DOC / *.DOCX files: I use tabs in my DOC story to indent paragraphs, but the viewer doesn't seem to be able to recognize this.
Indighost
---

Postby Imrhys » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Indighost wrote:-Also, a note about *.DOC / *.DOCX files: I use tabs in my DOC story to indent paragraphs, but the viewer doesn't seem to be able to recognize this.

Thus why I just started double spacing between paragraphs. Anyways that is how you have to submit stories/novels for publication.
Imrhys
---

Postby ichbinich » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:52 pm

I just tried accessing some of my older folder, and kept getting an error message.

Uncaught Exception

exception 'SqlException' in /home/aryion/public_html/g4/lib/sql.php:33 Stack trace: #0 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/lib/class.item.php(620): sql_query('CALL Update_Vie...') #1 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/folderview.php(34): GalleryItem->updateViewCount(Object(GalleryUser), '213.102.129.243') #2 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/view.php(34): include('/home/aryion/pu...') #3 {main} The table 'view_log' is full :: (CALL Update_Viewcount(180997, 3580264947, 10667))

It happened for the first 3 folders here: http://aryion.com/g4/view/174335

Can't open them:
http://aryion.com/g4/view/180997
http://aryion.com/g4/view/180998
http://aryion.com/g4/view/180999
ichbinich
SHARK!

Postby DarkTau » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:15 pm

I'm getting the same error when I try to access new submissions by people I have on my watch list.
DarkTau
Participator

Postby undertaker13 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:59 pm

same here but the odd thing is it lets some submissions be seen but not others maybe the system needs a checkup or something :?
undertaker13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Askrow » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Askrow wrote:There are some problems changing the thumbnail in the Gallery.
When I try to change it, the old one remains. I tried setting the thumbnail to default and then put the new one, but it shows the old one anyway.

To be precise:
[ http://i52.tinypic.com/23ib3n4.jpg ] This is the old one.
[ http://i52.tinypic.com/2it4sg.jpg ] This is the new one.

When I put the second one, the Gallery shows the first one anyway.

I renew this post, since I have again the same problem. This time, the old one is:

And I'm trying to set the same I have as Avatar. The fact is that I changed it two times (I set another one before), and the problem persists for some months: the Gallery shows the old thumbnail, even when I set the default one and THEN I set the new one. Now I set the default thumbnail, since the thumbnail above does not reflect anymore my current drawing style.
Be happy! And if sometimes happiness forget you, don't forget happiness.
[Siate felici! E se qualche volta la felicità si scorda di voi, voi non vi scordate della felicità.]

- Roberto Benigni
Askrow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:47 pm

It look changed to me, please try clear your browser cache.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Imrhys » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Ummm, why is there no means of viewing everyone's galleries anymore? All writing and drawing menus lead to is a latest works page. And If I remember correctly we used to be able to reshuffle that page to show us all galleries, but we can't anymore. Why?

EDIT: I found it, but it was because I went in from the forum side while typing up this. From the forum side it has the option "archives entrance", but if you are on your user page/in the galleries, there isn't an option for that on the list. BUT if you click "gallery" it takes you to there.

Just a suggestion: put a drop down option for "archive entrance" on the gallery side too just like there is from the forum side.
Imrhys
---

Postby Sergit » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 am

I have a problem in the gallery, when uploading my drawings.

I click in "New Item" and everything seems to be okay. Then, when I have to select the file I want to upload, and click "Browse", the usual window pops up, and lets me choose the file I want. Then I click it and the window closes, but nothing else happens. The file is not loaded and the name does not appear at all. I can't submit anything.

Weeks ago it worked fine, this is the first time it happens. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I wasn't sure about opening a new thread.
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

Postby Leshana » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Sergit wrote:I click in "New Item" and everything seems to be okay. Then, when I have to select the file I want to upload, and click "Browse", the usual window pops up, and lets me choose the file I want. Then I click it and the window closes, but nothing else happens. The file is not loaded and the name does not appear at all. I can't submit anything.

I actually fixed this a few hours before you posted about it, so it is probably a cache issue. Clear your browser cache if you are using Firefox 7. If not, post what browser and what version you are using.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Sergit » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Leshana wrote:I actually fixed this a few hours before you posted about it, so it is probably a cache issue. Clear your browser cache if you are using Firefox 7. If not, post what browser and what version you are using.

Ok, thanks. It works now. I don't know why, but it was solved without having to clear the caché. I am using Firefox 7.1 .
Thanks for the help!
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cruich » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:02 pm

I'd like to suggest removing the function of the "Esc" key when uploading a new file. When I was almost finished with my submission, and was adding tags, I hit "escape" to prevent one of the tags being auto-corrected to the wrong thing, and the entire upload box disappeared, and I had to start over again.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the "Stuff going on here" text at the bottom of the folder views? I couldn't find any option to replace it with something else.
Cruich
Participator

Postby Sergit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:55 pm

I have problems deleting some comments in my gallery.

Thing is, I started a roleplay in the comment section of one of my drawings, with the intention of copying everything into a Notebook Document and deleting the roleplay in the gallery.

When I clicked the button to delete the comments, and confirmed my choice, an error window popped up, showing me an error line and suggesting me to tell Leshana about it. I tried with other comments too, and the same thing happened, but the code of the error was different each time.

I post this here to know if anyone else has this problem or if it's just me. Should I send Leshana the error codes in a PM or it's not necessary?

Thanks beforehand!

Edit: Nevermind, I found a way to solve this. I just had to delete each comment twice. A message appears saying that "I already deleted the comment" and then, I refresh the page and the comment is gone.
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jacquelope » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 am

Hey, ummm... all of my gallery submissions that are .txt files have somehow been altered so that they are center-justified.

I can't see how that could have happened since .txt files have no way to alter their justification.

What can one do to fix that? Thanks!
Experiment: Will a grenade kill a giant naga by exploding in its belly?
Test #1: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga''s mouth.
Test #2: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga's throat.
Further tests delayed until another live specimen can be acquired.
Jacquelope
???

Postby Eupeptic » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:06 am

Tasty People,

I've gotten a few PMs lately, and when I get one, it appears on my Messages page, along with new artwork and stories, like this:
messages-i.png

The subject of the PM (in this example, "Re: 11122011 B") is supposed to be a direct link to the PM. The link it has is of this form; I have modified the actual 6-digit number at the end:

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&p=123456

However, when I click on that link, the PM is not found:
no-pm-i.png

If I click on the "PM" link next to my avatar in the upper left corner, I go to the "User Control Panel" screen; the "Private Messages" tab is selected and my "Inbox" folder is selected, with the list of PMs in my Inbox. This list includes the same PM that the Messages page told me about. If I then click on that PM, the URL of the individual PM is of the form:

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=123456

The six-digit number matches the one in the URL on the Messages page. Note the extra "&f=0" parameter. Possibly interesting: if I then manually remove the "&f=0" from the URL and reload, the PM displays OK; I don't get the "not found" screen. I can even go the very top page ( http://aryion.com ) or the top forum page ( http://aryion.com/forum ), paste the URL without the "&f=0" into the address bar, and get back to the PM; I don't get the "not found" screen.

This is with Iceweasel 3.5.16 on Debian, which "should" be equivalent to Firefox 3.5.16. (LOLoldbrowser.) I can provide the unmodified URLs if it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Eupeptic
I've done no harm, I keep to myself. There's nothing wrong with my, state of mental health. -- Men At Work, "Who Can It Be Now?"
Eupeptic
Official Molecule

Postby Eupeptic » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:28 am

Different question...

On my userpage theme, can I change the color of the numbers that appear in the "Comments Made:/Comments Received:/Favorites:/Total Views:/Items:/Blog Entries:" list? They are "class=statvalue" in the HTML. Right now on my userpage they are kind of a dark red that doesn't show up very well on the grey background.

Thanks!
I've done no harm, I keep to myself. There's nothing wrong with my, state of mental health. -- Men At Work, "Who Can It Be Now?"
Eupeptic
Official Molecule

Postby Sergit » Tue May 01, 2012 5:50 am

I am trying to upload a drawing to my gallery, but I can't do it. When everything is ready, I click "Ok" And the progress bar starts filling. When It's complete, it should close the window and have uploaded the art (like it always does) but instead, nothing changes. I wait several minutes and nothing happens, even though it seems the drawing is 100% it doesn't appear in my gallery.

I believed the size of the drawing might have something to do, since It's 5 Mb, but I've uploaded bigger pictures before. Should I just wait and try later?
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Technical stuff