New thumbles?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Re: New thumbles?

Postby Nikkidafox » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:22 pm

JacktheRabbit wrote:I'd have gone for an FBI take-down prank personally.

Yes, but that would have involved well... taking the site down. And do you really want that?
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby masterofvore1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:28 pm

4ofSwords wrote:My biggest takeaway from this thread is that I like the word "thumbles" and intend to use it going forward. :)

masterofvore1 wrote:for me it kind of reduced the usability of thumbnails, I can't tell much besides what colors are used.

That's pretty odd. As best as I can tell, they have the same "radius" (no clipping from the center of the image to the edge), and barely 1/3rd of the least-used property in the corners has been clipped out. It's about the same as a circle cropping, which is reasonably common on some other major sites. Your icon, for example, is quite obviously still a lion. :)

the forum thumbnails are fine. they haven't changed-at least on my end. the gallery thumbnails,however...
masterofvore1
---

Postby AnotherAnon » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 pm

somedude601 wrote:

Yes, but that would have involved well... taking the site down. And do you really want that?

A simple redirect to the actual site after a few seconds, or a link at the bottom of all the official looking text would have done the trick.
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby JacktheRabbit » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:33 am

AnotherAnon wrote:A simple redirect to the actual site after a few seconds, or a link at the bottom of all the official looking text would have done the trick.

Exactly. Links in the text, a redirect after a bit; or a fade in message confirming the prank with a direct link.
JacktheRabbit
Participator

Postby Diamonte » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Debolte wrote:I was very active on the site yesterday and saw the change happen moments after it did, and I searched the forums before going to bed for a post like this, or a tech post informing of the new change, to no dice. It was still march 31 when it happened here, so I didn't link it to April fools at all...

Ditto.
Totally blindsided and didn't even think about what the UTC date was.
Diamonte
Been posting for a bit

Postby crushxtreame » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:07 am

heah i also find the hexagons kinda annoying in games like civ they are good but not here
crushxtreame
Participator

Postby Gabriel0813 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:16 am

I like the hexagons even if it for April first has an odd charm to it I don't know why tho?
Gabriel0813
Intermediate Vorarephile

Thumnails aren't square anymore?

Postby BACKxDOORxPLEASE » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Its not a big deal really I just have to bring this up to discuss with others, does anyone else notice when you search that the thunbnails have taken an octagonal shape instead of the original Square shape?
BACKxDOORxPLEASE
New to the forum

Postby KingKabal777 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:16 pm

somedude601 wrote:

> FBI takedown prank

wtf... Are you daring to do SQL attacks/injections and/or dos/ddos attacks to shut Eka's site offline? If I were you, I wouldn't do something
like that. I'm sure if you were to do that on her site, she might get authorities on you and arrest you for hacking her site if you did that to
Eka's site. (Note: I do have such technicality, but I don't personally use it for any reason at all.)

Anyways, the thumbnails are kind of a bit difficult for me to get through with on mobile and Midori. On Midori, if I change the type of environment
it's on, then the site's view will change (had to set it to firefox for it to work right in deleting thumbnails).
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:37 pm

This concludes our April 1st silliness for 2018. Thank you for participating. We generally don't do any. But occasionally some silliness occurs.
Eka
Administrator

Previous

Return to Technical stuff