Ideas for a forum vore plugin

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Ideas for a forum vore plugin

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun May 22, 2016 5:51 pm

If this idea is to be taken seriously, it will need to be heavily reviewed by admins like Eka and Leshana, granted they or someone else are willing to code it altogether! Although that's rather unlikely, I still wanted to share my thoughts and propose it, since I think the concept would be very neat and this is worth considering in some kind of form.

Before I dive deeper into it, I need to clarify one thing: Using this system would be completely voluntary for both preds and prey! I'm not suggesting a feature that could be used to troll people, that would become an annoyance to users that don't want it, let alone be a security vulnerability. That said, people who chose to use this would willingly subject themselves to temporary restrictions on the site, as well as allow other users to temporarily control their forum abilities... though that's the whole point of it! The idea is to create something fun for people who want more practical vore experiences, but not pose a problem for those who just want to use the forum without weird side effects.

So what this is all about; I've been thinking about a vore plugin that could be created for this forum. A user who wants to be prey can invite another user to be their pred and vice-versa... if the user chooses to allow such invitations for either role in their account settings, where normal users can also specify whether they wish to see restrictions applied to other preys. A maximum amount of time the status may last would be agreed upon, which should range between a few hours minimum to a few days maximum... the prey gets released either when this interval expires, or if the predator wants to let them go earlier. A user becomes eaten once the invitation is reviewed and approved by the other person! When eaten, a user would experience various restrictions and side effects... some generic while others controlled by the predator (kind of like RLV for Second Life). Here is a list of suggested effects:

• Labeling: First and foremost, the users would be publicly labeled as the pred and prey of one another, both in posts and on their profile pages! For prey: The avatar and username of the predator would appear above their own, in a special panel titled "predator of" to avoid confusion... their username grayed and strikeout-ed to empathize on them being gone or replaced / owned by their pred (similar to banned users). For predators: The prey would be listed in a special section for preys located under their user data, where all users currently eaten by that person are shown in order as their avatar + username.
  • Data replacement: The prey avatar is optionally replaced with one designated by the predator for preys... for example, your avatar can become an image of their character with a bloated belly! The same could be done for your signature, which could be replaced by a text your pred applies to their preys... maybe even your username and title? To avoid abuse, the prey would review these changes before accepting to be eaten.
  • Theme: The prey's forum theme would be replaced. If by default you're using the light blue "prosilver" for instance, you'll instead switch to a theme selected by the predator for their preys. Currently the forum only has prosilver, so someone would have to create a new theme for this purpose... ideally a dark reddish one that simulates the environment of a stomach, and will give prey the feeling that everything changed once they've been eaten!
  • Post hiding: Prey may only see the forum posts of users who are eaten by the same predator, and / or those of their predator. Other posts will be: Either forcefully hidden with the message "you may only read the posts of your predator" (bad idea as it's too restrictive and might be taking it too far), either hidden behind a spoiler the user must click to load the panel (acceptable but might get annoying over time), either the fonts of the post are made smaller and transparent to make them harder to read whereas the avatar and signature of that post are hidden (the most gentle approach). The exact same effect would apply to normal users when it comes to prey's posts... if of course they enable the option to see restrictions on people who get eaten, and obviously not the case for guests.
  • Post approval: Whenever a prey creates a new topic or posts a reply, the predator must review it and approve it. The predator basically becomes a moderator for the prey, and decides when they may post anything.

I'm sure a lot more ideas can be added, but these are the basics I thought of. Although I figure some users will find this dangerous or just a source of grief and complaints, I believe an optional system to simulate vore and implied restrictions would be very fun if done properly! I'd like to hear your ideas and if you support this, especially if the mods might ever agree to adding any such thing. The online vore world needs more ways in which you can do this sort of stuff :-D
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Ideas for a forum vore plugin

Postby kernac » Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 am

I'll be honest, that sound like it would be a lot of work to create and I'm not sure how many people would be into it. I mean, if you're prey you just get huge restriction all the time which may deter you from even wanting to be eaten and the rest is just showing who got eaten by whom which a lot of people don't care for. The whole thing just sounds like a lot of work for what it is. Sorry for being a downer.
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon May 23, 2016 12:07 pm

kernac wrote:I'll be honest, that sound like it would be a lot of work to create and I'm not sure how many people would be into it. I mean, if you're prey you just get huge restriction all the time which may deter you from even wanting to be eaten and the rest is just showing who got eaten by whom which a lot of people don't care for. The whole thing just sounds like a lot of work for what it is. Sorry for being a downer.

This will require a programmer who's familiar with phpBB and willing to write a plugin for this... whether Eka's has such coders aboard is to be seen. I can't talk for others, but in my case I'd definitely use it if a pred I like on the forum will too, and would also have fun watching other people do so. The way I'm imagining its Account Settings options is as follows:

Code: Select all
* Enable vore system
* * Receive pred invitations
* * Receive prey invitations

The first option toggles the system per account, and is obviously off by default. If disabled, absolutely nothing is changed on the site! If enabled however, you can receive invitations for any of the two roles you may optionally enable below, and also send invitations to other users who enable the system and chose one of the roles. Enabling it will also let you see who's eaten by who in forum posts, as well as having the posts of preys appear hidden / spoilered / muffled.

Now ideally, when a user invites another user to become their pred or prey, they can also specify the features and restrictions that will be applied to that vore session. This would allow the system to be as lenient or restrictive as every individual desires! Both sides would review these settings before accepting. Using the ideas in my previous post, the following options would be included:

Code: Select all
* Public
* Hide / spoiler / muffle the comments of users not located in the same pred
* Replace prey's avatar with pred's designated avatar
* Replace prey's signature with pred's designated signature
* Prey uses the pred's designated forum theme
* Pred moderates the prey's posts

The first option controls whether your predator's name and avatar appear over your own, while your name and avatar appear in their prey list. The second option controls whether posts made by users not in the same belly are hidden or mangled, to simulate muffled hearing. The third option controls whether your avatar is replaced with the avatar your predator designates for prey, while the fifth is the same thing for the signature. The sixth determines whether you'll use the forum theme designated by your pred for their preys, while the sixth requires your pred to moderate your posts before they can appear publicly.

HOWEVER: Changing those settings or turning off the vore plugin is impossible for preys who are eaten. If you've decided to get yourself vored by another user, you can't cheat and must wait until the session expires to be set free.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon May 23, 2016 1:21 pm

I created a few mockup images (edited screenshots) to exemplify exactly what I had in mind. Since it was most at hand, I used the posts on this thread... which I hope is okay with kernac, I only made them as a quick example so I saw no harm in it. The end result would likely look different from this... the images just describe how it would work and feel, and easily explain why I find the idea appealing!

Normal view: http://i.imgur.com/pl6JxnR.png
Pred's view: http://i.imgur.com/suBbbMf.png
Prey's view: http://i.imgur.com/K4TBezy.png

Observations: Prey sees their own posts normal, but other's posts grey... pred and others see their own posts normal, but prey's posts grey. Pred's avatar + username + title appears over the prey's... which feels more imposing and realistic as it gives you the feeling of being replaced, while also putting the pred's self in front of yours which is what everyone else would see. Prey's avatar (smaller) + username + title appears under the pred's, in a list where every user currently vored shows from left-to-right... it pretty much represents the pred's belly. The prey's username is gray, appears in strikeout, while their avatar is replaced with an image the predator defines... further empathizing on them being gone.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:23 am

Have any more thoughts been given to this, if I may poke Eka and Leshana about the idea? Still can't help thinking how fun it would be if such a plugin could exist on the forum: Users making requests about eating / being eaten by other users (as long as they opt into the system) which would affect the functionality of the forum and profile for a limited time :)

Sadly I wouldn't know how to design such a plugin, as it might require php and I never worked with phpBB coding either. However, if there is a way to easily preview such, I could attempt designing a forum skin or color scheme for preys.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby hernextmeal » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 am

One way to do this without involving admins would be a dynamically generated signature image.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:12 pm

hernextmeal wrote:One way to do this without involving admins would be a dynamically generated signature image.

Ah... that's a nice idea too! It doesn't go as far as changing the forum theme though, or modifying your username from "myname" to something like "predname's meal (myname)", nor can it muffle posts or let your pred give you restrictions over features. Could be fun separately though :)
MirceaKitsune
???

Return to Technical stuff