License filter for gallery search

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

License filter for gallery search

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed May 25, 2016 8:30 am

I remember there was talk of this at some point, but nothing came of it. Would it please be possible to add a license filter to the search system of the gallery? It's already possible to select a CC license for submissions, which appears as a label on the submission itself... but if you go to https://aryion.com/g4/search.php there's no way to make use of it.

I'm often on the lookout for vore images that artists choose to release under Creative Commons, to potentially use in vore games or other ideas. It would be very helpful if we could have this please! Thank you.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: License filter for gallery search

Postby night22 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:16 pm

We don't even have an artist filter yet. The whole site works very slowly, but it'd be nice to have a better search function.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Any more thoughts on this, from Eka and other admins? I'm often looking for CC licensed art, which would help me a lot in making vore games and other things. It's unfortunate that submissions already have a way to be marked as CC, yet there's no way to search for or filter by that. Pretty please?
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby hernextmeal » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:20 pm

As a stopgap people can tag their work creativecommons or something I suppose, then you could do a tag search.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:43 pm

If tag search functionality would be available, then wouldn't this site be like Gelbooru and Sankaku complex, just without having to use the underscore symbol?

I can get your point, I usually go there as well for some vore work searches, but a artist search here might come in handy at some point if either the two sites have no artist name found for it.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:47 am

Artists who use the Creative Commons flag on submissions don't usually add a tag for it as well however. If they did, I could of course use that to search! Perhaps the system could automatically do this instead, just like it does with the Non-Vore tag?
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Leshana » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 am

KingKabal777 wrote:If tag search functionality would be available, then wouldn't this site be like Gelbooru and Sankaku complex, just without having to use the underscore symbol?

I can get your point, I usually go there as well for some vore work searches, but a artist search here might come in handy at some point if either the two sites have no artist name found for it.

We already have tag search capability.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Leshana » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 am

night22 wrote:We don't even have an artist filter yet. The whole site works very slowly, but it'd be nice to have a better search function.

Gallery search has had an artist filter for four years.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby no_one_you_know » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:53 am

Leshana wrote:
night22 wrote:We don't even have an artist filter yet. The whole site works very slowly, but it'd be nice to have a better search function.

Gallery search has had an artist filter for four years.

http://aryion.com/g4/tags.php?tag=F%2FF&user=Aesir

Is this what you are referring to?
no_one_you_know
Somewhat familiar

Return to Technical stuff