Favorites Folder Amount?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Favorites Folder Amount?

Postby DeadStrategicCactus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:07 pm

So for a while, I've only had two favorites folders, one for art and one for stories. I had been wanting to have a third folder for comics/sequences but for some reason the site wouldn't allow me to create a third one. Recently I tried to make a new folder by doing it on an item's page in the gallery at a friend's advice and while it did create the folder, it wouldn't show up on the Add to Favorites menu and clicking the folder itself on the favorites page gave me a 404 error. Then I went to try and delete it except that also gave me an error as well.

So is there an unwritten rule about having more than two folders in your favorites or has this just never really come about?
DeadStrategicCactus
???

Re: Favorites Folder Amount?

Postby lalalalas » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:41 pm

I have more than 2. For several months, one of my folders randomly couldn't be opened. Nothing I tried worked and I gave up on it. Last month, I noticed that the problem disappeared.
lalalalas
Been posting for a bit

Postby bela » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:55 pm

Try using just letters. Earlier I had moved a favorite to a new folder I named "F/m" but then it immediately vanished. I had to ask admin to remove my slash and then it reappeared (in a folder renamed as "Fm").
bela
Somewhat familiar

Postby DeadStrategicCactus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Is there a way I can edit it myself without asking an admin? I'd just shorten it to comics if I could.
DeadStrategicCactus
???

Postby bela » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Apparently YOU can't edit a folder name (maybe admin can), but you can achieve the same result by creating a new folder and moving everything to that (one at a time -ugh!). The old empty folder then vanishes, I believe. Remember that you create a new folder my electing to move a favorite to a folder that you name now. Very clunky. Maybe there is a better way.

If you make the mistake of including a slash in a folder name, it will immediately vanish along with the favorite. Only an admin can still see it and remove the offending slash.
bela
Somewhat familiar

Postby DeadStrategicCactus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Just tried it and it worked. Thanks bela.
DeadStrategicCactus
???

Return to Technical stuff