Private Roleplaying isn't actually private

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Private Roleplaying isn't actually private

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:01 pm

Just curious, do the admins for this site have any intention of changing the private roleplaying area so that it's only visible to registered users? I wouldn't care so much, except for the fact that there are a finite amount of PMs I can apparently send/receive.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Private Roleplaying isn't actually private

Postby MarinLaFey » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 pm

It shouldn't be that hard since we have the Underage forums unseeable, as well as the general forums I believe.

Maybe it was just an accident in the coding and they forgot to correct it?
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:28 pm

I think it's just a matter of poor wording, as it has more to do with participation than viewing. Private RPs are more about participation being restricted to those who were to be included in advance, rather than being open for anybody to join in. I'd say it would make more sense to be called 1-on-1 instead of private, but I imagine not all are limited to just two players.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Saftkeur » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:35 am

Making it visible only to registered users would probably be a nice plus, since there really isn't much benefit to being able to view it while logged-out. Still, it doesn't have too much impact either way (someone could always just make an account if they wanted to have a peek, and anyone looking for a properly private RP should be doing it via PMs or elsewhere).

On that note! The PMs inbox has a limit on how many PMs it can hold (800 I believe), but you can also move PMs to folders (each folder can hold another 800, and you get a decent number of folders) or you can just delete older PMs. The "bigger" limit is on sent PMs, since the sent folder also only holds 800; if it ever fills up, it'll just delete the oldest sent PM to make room for the newest, but this can mess up RP logs if you're the sort who likes to go back and re-read them. Two solutions: you can move sent PMs to a different folder as well, or you can copy and save them yourself to have an archive of sorts. I'd suggest the latter if it's important to you to keep your old RPs.
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AlluringPredation » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:12 am

Using the chat room is an option.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:48 am

It would also be nice if we could make the threads invisible to anyone except for the thread OP, and the partner they wanted to RP with.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 am

MikeKitty wrote:It would also be nice if we could make the threads invisible to anyone except for the thread OP, and the partner they wanted to RP with.

god the thought of the SQL Database bloat that'd cause makes me cringe
Firon
---

Postby bcdjcvsjhvjh » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Firon wrote:
MikeKitty wrote:It would also be nice if we could make the threads invisible to anyone except for the thread OP, and the partner they wanted to RP with.

god the thought of the SQL Database bloat that'd cause makes me cringe

Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm no expert on how forums work, but I'm pretty sure that would cause some problems, if it's even possible. I'd just use skype if I were you. I always thought that part of the the appeal of the private roleplay forum is that other people can see it, even if you don't want others to join, it doesn't necessarily mean you don't want others to see. Kinda like dogging.
bcdjcvsjhvjh
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:43 pm

I wouldn't care so much, except for the fact that there are a finite amount of PMs I can apparently send/receive.

As far as I know that isn't true. So I don't know what you are talking about.
Eka
Administrator

Postby foxyumbreon » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:46 pm

selfrog wrote:Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm no expert on how forums work, but I'm pretty sure that would cause some problems, if it's even possible. I'd just use skype if I were you. I always thought that part of the the appeal of the private roleplay forum is that other people can see it, even if you don't want others to join, it doesn't necessarily mean you don't want others to see. Kinda like dogging.

I've always felt sort of the same. While the RP is to be played exclusively between specific individuals, I personally have actually always been a bit flattered by the idea that maybe there are other people getting enjoyment out of it as well. Following it, and reading along as if it were a constantly evolving story, and wondering just like myself between posts about what's going to happen next.

Additionally, that sometimes leads to more RPs. On more than one occasion, I've had people approach me wanting to RP because of the RPs of mine they've read in the forums. They'll like what they see, and therefore PM me asking if I'd like to maybe try something similar with them as well. Some of those people even wound up becoming good, long-term partners. Partners I never would've met otherwise.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hagen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:11 pm

AlluringPredation wrote:Using the chat room is an option.

This, you could also use the pubs in chat which basically is another form of PM.
Hagen
Participator

Postby delet609hw6bn3296 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Eka wrote:
I wouldn't care so much, except for the fact that there are a finite amount of PMs I can apparently send/receive.

As far as I know that isn't true. So I don't know what you are talking about.

I'm sorry, I got confused and thought there was a strict 800 note limit. Others have corrected me on that.
delet609hw6bn3296
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:32 am

Technically as Eka posted, there is a PM limit on how many messages you can have for private messages. If you wish to have a private roleplay, make sure you and your partner are alright with it, and free as much space from your inbox as you need to before you and your partner begin the private roleplay.

If you want a public roleplay, you can use the chat room for roleplay. If you have general questions regarding the forum that aren't technical, you can contact Eka or Leshana here for non-technical matters. For a matter like this, it's technical, but there's a definite limit, but a set amount of time before the messages are deleted can do a good addition for old messages.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tigercloud » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:29 pm

View messages: Inbox

Folder is 2% full (27 from 1600 messages stored)

You can store 1,6k Messages per Folder. Idk if there is a Folder-Limit.

On the other Hand, its not this hard to set a Forum only visible for only Reg-User, its a basic PHPBB setting. But I think if you want private RP why don't go to a chat and if your done copy the Chat-Log to a .txt file and save it on you computer. There is so much space. :wink:

Tiger
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby Gelenor » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:24 pm

If you don't want people seeing your rp take it to a chat, either here on eka's or otherwise. They have skype, yahoo messenger, msn, discord, and many others. If you want to rp with someone privately that would be your best bet if forums are not your thing.

Interestingly enough, I once had some random person jump into my rp on the private rp section. It was annoying, but looking back kind of funny.
"I’m human the real deal, right down to the fuckin marrow’ of my bones. don't lump me together with you faggot-ass monsters."
Guts (Berserk)
Gelenor
???

Return to Technical stuff