About PM's

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

About PM's

Postby VelveteenDreams » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Is there any way to change the "You cannot send message so soon after your last one"? It's really a pain when one is talking to several people at once and have to wait 15 seconds between posts. I get that it's supposed to stop spamming, but it shouldn't carry over between different people I'm talking to. It doesn't quite make sense.
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: About PM's

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:18 am

If this question relates to the chatroom, it's probably to deter flooding and disruption, yes. But if that's the matter, contact Eka regarding this.

You might want to wait for a response and try knowing what you plan to send. If there's no character limit, then put what you need, and prepare to send your next message, but do not send before the time expires.

In chat dialogs when it comes to roleplay, you should have different dialog boxes, but since I never go there, you might want to ask Eka definitely. Using two dialog boxes is something that might be usable, but you should type normally and know what you plan to send. Type slowly and wait a few moments before sending, and the error possibly shouldn't occur.

------
If it relates to PMs, you'd be better off asking Eka, since that would be a definite technical matter, you should only be sending a PM through only one tab/window and one draft.

IE: If you wanted to send a message to Leshana, use one tab/window, and type your message as normal. If you intend to send to multiple, then use that one tab and add multiple lists of people.

EDIT: As I do not know much about a matter such as this, you'd be better off waiting for further responses, or if you want a faster response, you can contact Eka to see if she can answer you. She's likely to answer technical question than other moderators or Leshana.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MarinLaFey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:21 am

Kingkbal is right I think you can have a group private message which would make things way easier.

However, if you're talking about chatting with multiple people in different PMs, you'd be wrong. Spamming applies as a widespread thing over your inbox, and I honestly don't know one forum site where you wouldn't be warned for sending messages closely to each other.

Either spread out your schedule a little more or take more time with your pms... or don't have messages up in several tabs trying to finish and send them off at once.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby VelveteenDreams » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 am

It wasn't in the chatrooms, main site PM's. But yeah, I'll talk to Eka. (Though I'm mostly afraid to ask them o.o)
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:49 am

Xenenderson11 wrote:It wasn't in the chatrooms, main site PM's. But yeah, I'll talk to Eka. (Though I'm mostly afraid to ask them o.o)

I send PMs to Eka, usually she's not a rude administrator (just don't attempt to aggravate her with too many questions). I had to talk to her once to open a gallery, and she answers my technical issues and questions on the site. Other staff like Leshana necessarily don't answer often.

EDIT: Don't be afraid to talk to the administrator if you have personally a issue on the site, usually she will answer in most cases at some point in time rather than delay you for a while. If you want to keep track of all chat between the administrator, follow this instruction:

Go to UCP

Rules, Folders and settings

Add rule

Add folder, label it to anything you'd like.

If sender,

is Eka,

Place into folder -> (Your folder name you created)

Repeat for Leshana, if you speak to her.

How I do it is like this:

If Sender is Eka, Place into folder -> Administrators

Save. Repeat for those you need to do, if you need help, read the FAQ to see if it's answered there. If not, contact Eka if you get a error or the answer's not there. I use that rule for Leshana as well, if it comes to technical matters Eka can't handle, but I rarely contact Leshana because she doesn't answer the inbox often.
Last edited by KingKabal777 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VelveteenDreams » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 am

Okay. Just the last few times I (I hope she doesn't check this forum) I get embarrassed, like I'm doing something wrong. I'll take your guys advice though. Thanks ^^
How do I delete a thread?
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 am

Xenenderson11 wrote:Okay. Just the last few times I (I hope she doesn't check this forum) I get embarrassed, like I'm doing something wrong. I'll take your guys advice though. Thanks ^^
How do I delete a thread?

Usually here, I had a thread about excluding tags, which isn't possible here without a program/script installed on your browser. I can't seem to delete that thread or lock it, so I'm going to without any disbelief, suggest you do ask Eka, sometimes she does lock threads here.

A technical forum post I replied to earlier the other day was locked here regarding connecting to the site via 3DS/WiiU consoles, you can find the quote she mentions about contacting her for technical matters and such:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48696

Quote from Eka on the topic:

Generally speaking. You should just PM me for any issue. That is the workflow established in the FAQ. You are free to contact Leshana directly if you want but we have specified who to contact for good reasons: Namely. Staffs other than me (Eka) doesn't necessary monitor their PM or inbox.

But yes, if you can't find a way to delete or lock your topic, then you'd be best asking Eka to do so.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aickavon12 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 am

Xenenderson11 wrote:Is there any way to change the "You cannot send message so soon after your last one"? It's really a pain when one is talking to several people at once and have to wait 15 seconds between posts. I get that it's supposed to stop spamming, but it shouldn't carry over between different people I'm talking to. It doesn't quite make sense.

Though the issue seems to be primarily solved I'd like to chime in that spamming isn't an issue with one person getting multiple messages.

Spamming is an issue with fifteen people getting hit by a spam bot which basically gives each of them one message to like, something hackery.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Return to Technical stuff