Just wondering

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Just wondering

Postby Jamjo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 am

I see often down at the bottom where online users are listed and so much of the time it says something like "Google [Bot]" and stuff among all the actual usernames, so I'm just wondering what the heck that even means O_o
Sorry if it's listed somewhere else but I didn't know where I could find an answer for that.
Jamjo
Participator

Re: Just wondering

Postby hernextmeal » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 am

Search engines have bots called web crawlers that visit sites to index them. It's how sites wind up on search engines and how Google site search works.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Jamjo wrote:I see often down at the bottom where online users are listed and so much of the time it says something like "Google [Bot]" and stuff among all the actual usernames, so I'm just wondering what the heck that even means O_o
Sorry if it's listed somewhere else but I didn't know where I could find an answer for that.

Google, Yahoo, Bing have that because they are indexing the website into their search engine. It's technically called a web crawler and they usually add the information from the website on their search engine if someone needs to search up something specifically.

Alexa is another one as well, which is called "Wayback Machine", in which if you aren't familiar or have never seen it, it's used to find deleted material that might have been removed, it doesn't always interact or is seen very often, but if someone uses it to access the site or archive a forum topic, then they can use that to save a preview of the page before it was deleted, as shown in this example:

http://web.archive.org/web/200602080209 ... ryion.com/

If Eka or Leshana wouldn't want their site to be archived, they can restrict access to search engines and prevent archiving of deleted material by request or similar.

Alexa can't index or allow others to view deleted material if robots.txt is edited to prevent archiving or if either the two request it not to be archived.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BizzareBlue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 pm

You could believe the answers above, or you could choose to believe that google has achieved sentience and spends its free time looking for vore pics. :lol:
BizzareBlue
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jamjo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 am

BizzareBlue wrote:You could believe the answers above, or you could choose to believe that google has achieved sentience and spends its free time looking for vore pics. :lol:

^^This. I agree with this.^^
Jamjo
Participator

Postby Jamjo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 am

Thanks for the responses guys
Jamjo
Participator

Return to Technical stuff