Search Personal Favorites based on username and tags?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Search Personal Favorites based on username and tags?

Postby F1reDem0n » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Something that I've noticed is there is no way to search through ones favorites (whether it be by user/uploader name, tags or even a keyword). And because of that sorting through your favorites can become a real headache (especially once you get a large favorite selection like I do at this point). So if possible, I'd like to suggest that a option/feature such as this be implemented into the site.

I don't do web-page development so I don't know how difficult this would be, but having this ability would be very helpful. At least on ones own favorites, as having it on someone else's favorites might defeat the purpose of this feature.
F1reDem0n
Somewhat familiar

Re: Search Personal Favorites based on username and tags?

Postby LucifersChef » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 pm

You can categorise your favourites, if that helps.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:14 pm

F1reDem0n wrote:Something that I've noticed is there is no way to search through ones favorites (whether it be by user/uploader name, tags or even a keyword). And because of that sorting through your favorites can become a real headache (especially once you get a large favorite selection like I do at this point). So if possible, I'd like to suggest that a option/feature such as this be implemented into the site.

I don't do web-page development so I don't know how difficult this would be, but having this ability would be very helpful. At least on ones own favorites, as having it on someone else's favorites might defeat the purpose of this feature.

What the guy above me said.

If you need to search for photos by artist, use the search function, look for "Search by Owner" and then enter the artist you're looking for.

Searching personal favorites based on users who favorited the photo might be something I would ask the admin, since it might help other people
get recommended interesting photos based on what they favorited in the past, but since there might not be a lot of photos available and not a lot
of material is tagged to help search specifically, the administrators and developers might eventually put it in.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby F1reDem0n » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:36 pm

KingKabal777 wrote:
F1reDem0n wrote:Something that I've noticed is there is no way to search through ones favorites (whether it be by user/uploader name, tags or even a keyword). And because of that sorting through your favorites can become a real headache (especially once you get a large favorite selection like I do at this point). So if possible, I'd like to suggest that a option/feature such as this be implemented into the site.

What the guy above me said.

If you need to search for photos by artist, use the search function, look for "Search by Owner" and then enter the artist you're looking for.

Searching personal favorites based on users who favorited the photo might be something I would ask the admin, since it might help other people
get recommended interesting photos based on what they favorited in the past, but since there might not be a lot of photos available and not a lot
of material is tagged to help search specifically, the administrators and developers might eventually put it in.

I am aware of the category option when it comes to favorites, but that doesn't really help when you are sorting through your own list of favorites. When I said "search" i should have been using the word filter instead.

Here's (hopefully) a better description of what I meant in the original post.

You go to you own user page, then you click on your favorites tab. From there you can see everything you yourself have added to your favorites. This is where a search/filter feature would be incredibly helpful because depending on your number of favorites, you can have 25 or 2500 things you added to your favorites and if you didn't either plan ahead or realize how fast your favorites got filled up, sorting through them can be near impossible.

So I was suggesting/seeing if a option can be added to filter your favorites by the original uploader/artists name or by tag(s). Like Oral Vore, Cock Vore, Unbirth and so on. It would greatly help reduce organizing time and help with removing possible clutter because you can already create folders to place favorites into.
F1reDem0n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. There are no plan to implement a favorite searching feature at this time. As always, when we have time we will considers all the requests.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff