How do you make a gif your avatar and have it move?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

How do you make a gif your avatar and have it move?

Postby HungryScorpion » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:47 pm

I keep trying to get a gif to work as my avatar, but it's always just a still image. How do you make it move?
HungryScorpion
Been posting for a bit

Re: How do you make a gif your avatar and have it move?

Postby Eka » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:57 pm

VoreStories wrote:I keep trying to get a gif to work as my avatar, but it's always just a still image. How do you make it move?

Upload it here ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar instead of here https://aryion.com/g4/settings.php?&edit=avatar
Eka
Administrator

Postby HungryScorpion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:52 am

Eka wrote:
VoreStories wrote:I keep trying to get a gif to work as my avatar, but it's always just a still image. How do you make it move?

Upload it here ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar instead of here https://aryion.com/g4/settings.php?&edit=avatar

Alright, but how do you make it fit? None of the gif I'm using are fitting into it.
HungryScorpion
Been posting for a bit

Postby hernextmeal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:24 am

You'll need to use a tool that can crop animated gifs if the dimensions are too big, and a gif optimizer if the file size is too big.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Technical stuff