Merging redundant tags?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Merging redundant tags?

Postby jaggedjagd » Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 am

Would it be feasable to automatically merge tags with different spellings into the same tag? Like an auto-correction to the standard spelling whenever a specific tag is spelled differently.

For example "Same Size" may be spelled several ways: Same Size, Samesize, same-size.

So if i wanna look for "Same Size", i have to look through "Same Size", "Samesize" and "same-size" (and even outright spelling errors like "samsize") individually since they all given me different results depending which spelling was used for a specific gallery item.

It dilutes search results and seems detrimental to the intented convenience of the tagging system. I realize that there are already auto-comptletion options when entering a tag to simplify the procedure. But even i myself sometimes just make the mistake of choosing the wrong spelling when auto-completing. and sometimes i'm simply not sure which spelling is considered the standard one (forcefeeding for example, is it "forcefeeding", "force feeding" or "force-feeding"? I dunno!)
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Merging redundant tags?

Postby manv » Sun May 21, 2017 8:13 am

I agree. When I am going to put tags on my drawings, I don't even know what tags to put because there is 3 or 4 different spelling options for each category.
manv
New to the forum

Postby KingKabal777 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:59 am

Personally I don't use underscores or hyphens for tagging, but I do agree as duplicates of tags can confuse others. I just use them separated by a space and not use it any other way.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby theclaw » Sun May 21, 2017 9:19 am

its for this reason i created the princess jasmine tag and have been retagging images. as if people just put in a common name like jasmine for example you get a load of results you might not want for example ocs and in the case of jasmine the lass from pokemon. so adding a unique tag is a good way to narrow down results.

the only real way to work around it is just to but all 3 spellings in the post when its tagged. for example if i was tagging a snake vore image i would use the tags snake vore, snake/f, snake and snake pred that way the post will always come up if people are searching for snake vore as it also covers there preferences.

i have also found that if you put the certain tags like non vore and its spelling varietys it auto corrects it to non-vore so i belive there is a system in place.
theclaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby MotherOfMonsters » Sun May 21, 2017 9:34 am

In the meantime, for the question of the 'standard' tag, I've always been under the impression that the auto-fill window is sorted by how much each tag has been used. So the top one (the most commonly used) is usually what you want to be consistent with the rest of the artists. It's not foolproof though.
MotherOfMonsters
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 am

Just send me a list if you have redundant tag, I am in the process of merging more and make alias and such.
Eka
Administrator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Eka wrote:Just send me a list if you have redundant tag, I am in the process of merging more and make alias and such.

Our lord and savior.

Thanks Eka!
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby KingKabal777 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Eka wrote:Just send me a list if you have redundant tag, I am in the process of merging more and make alias and such.

Thank you Eka, you help everyone here when it comes to issues like these.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Sun May 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Cool. Should we send them as pm directly to you or just post them into this thread?
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dragonlover81 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Some of these could be confusing. For instance, the following might or might not be equivalent.

Anthro and furry
Consensual and willing
Non-consensual and unwilling
Chubby, fat, and plump
dragonlover81
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon May 22, 2017 1:04 am

Welp, i'll just leave this list here.

force feeding = forcefeeding = force-feeding = force fed
comic = comics = comic page = comic strip
Same Size = samesize vore
macro/micro = macromicro = macro/micro vore
lick = licking = licks
penis = dick = cock (might wanna add "member" as well: https://aryion.com/g4/tags.php?tag=member%2C+&p=1 )
pussy = vagina = cunt = cooch = cootchie = cooter
anus = butthole = butt hole
anal sex = buttsex = butt sex = buttsecks
unbirth = vagina vore = pussy vore
cock vore = cockvore = penis vore = penisvore
masturbation = masturbating = masturbate (plus another misspelling "masturabation" https://aryion.com/g4/tags.php?tag=masturabation%2C+ )
jerking = jerking off = jerk off
commission = commissions
bishounen = bishonen = bishie = bishi
femboy = femboi
cuntboy = cuntboi = pussyboy
belly rubs = belly rubbing
belly pat = belly patting
sqirm = squirming
squirming belly = sqirming tummy
Belly Bulge = bellybulge = stomach bulge = stomachbulge = tummy bulge
stomach ache = stomachache = belly ache = bellyache = tummy ache = tummyache
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon May 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Some more:

fellatio = blowjob
cunnilingus = pussy licking
rimjob = rim job = rimming
blush = blushing
catboy = cat boy
catgirl = cat girl
foxboy = fox boy
foxgirl = fox girl
mouseboy = mouse boy
mousegirl = mouse girl
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:50 am

safekeeping = safe keeping = keeping safe = keep safe = safe vore
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Gedner Swap = Genderswap = Gender Bender = Genderbender = Gender Flip = Genderflip = rule 63
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tigercloud » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:01 am

I also noticed that there are sometimes tags with 2 spaces between words and sometimes it makes a difference between Upper- and Lower-Case

Would it not be awesome while User add tags, if you just remove all spaces between words that are >1 ? And may remove this upper/lower-case stuff then it would automatic merge some tags
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby Eka » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:03 am

tigercloud wrote:I also noticed that there are sometimes tags with 2 spaces between words and sometimes it makes a difference between Upper- and Lower-Case

Would it not be awesome while User add tags, if you just remove all spaces between words that are >1 ? And may remove this upper/lower-case stuff then it would automatic merge some tags

No. Lower case and upper case doesn't make a different. They must just have certain thing.

And yes I will remove all the double space and trailing space. But really the easiest way is just merge them with existing tag. If you have a list send it to me directly I don't go around monitoring each thread just in case someone have something for me.
Eka
Administrator

Postby tigercloud » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm

I decided to report Tags I use, its kinda annoying to use all them, so a merge would be awesome x3
Code: Select all
Oral Vore == oral-vore == oral   vore
----
Giantess == Giantess Vore == giantess woman
----
giantess pred == Giantess Predator
----
blonde == blonde hair == blondehair
----
inside view == Internal View == inside shots == X-ray == inside stomach view
----
Digestion Noises == Digestion Sounds == stomach noises == stomach sounds == stomach gurgle == stomach gurgling == gurgle sounds == gurgle == gurgles == gurgling == gurgling belly == belly noises == belly sounds == belly gurgle == Tummy noises
----
stomach growls == Stomach growl ==  belly growl == groan == Growl == Growling
----
winged pred == Winged predator
----
Swallowing == swallowing whole == Swallowing alive == Swallowingalive
----
Swallowed == swallowed alive == swallowedwhole == swallowed whole and alive == swallowedalive
----
Unwilling Pred == unwilling predator
----
willing pred == Willing Predator == Willing Predator (sorta)
----
Female Pred == female predator
----
female predators == female preds
----
Female Prey == female victim
----
f/multiple == F/FF == F/FFF == F/FFFF == f/mm == F/fm == F/mf == F/MMM == F/MMMM == f/multiple prey
----
Male Prey == male victim
----
m/multiple == M/multiple prey == m/multi == M/multiple female prey == m/multiple females == M/multiple male prey == m/mm == M/MMM == M/MMMM == M/MMMMF == M/MMMMMM == M/ff == m/fff == M/FFFF == M/fffff == M/FFFFFF == M/fffffff (x7) == M/MF == m/mff == M/FM
----
Human Pred == human predator
----
stomach acids == stomach juices == stomach acid == digestive juices == digestive fluids == digestive fluid == Acid == digestion acid
Last edited by tigercloud on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
tigercloud
Participator

Postby tigercloud » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 pm

I had a run, so I just checked my old Tags, there are also some rare tags with many spaces^^

I make a new Post, since I'm unsure if you already made somthing with the Tags from the prev post
Code: Select all
Size difference == size   difference == size different
----
Internal View == internal  view    // This list can be added to the list I mentioned a post before
----
Tongue == tounge
---
tigercloud
Participator

Postby jaggedjagd » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

@tigercloud: Stop. I have to vehemently object to some of these:

Oral Vore == oral-vore == Oral Soft Vore == oral vore == oral vore implied == mouth vore
(Oral Vore is not necessarily the same as soft vore.)

Angel Pred == Angel/* == angel/human == Angel/Angel == angel/demon == Angel/giantess goddess == Angel/succubus == angel/half angel == angel/dragon == angel vore
(These are completely different things.)

Angel == angel girl
(Male angels exist.)

Giantess == Giantess Vore == giantess angel == giantess woman
(Again. Giantess can be without vore. And not every giantess is an angel?? What even.)

blonde == blonde hair == blondegirl == blondehair
(Male blonds exist.)

Human Pred == human predator == human/human == Human/Furry == human/animal
(Again, completely different things.)

You seem to be missing the point of merging. These examples here are NOT all the same thing. Like Angel = Angel girl? Angels can be of any gender, if you make all angels tags the same gender that would defeat the point of being able to differentiate between them. Some may be looking specifically for a female, male, herm or any other gender of angel. The merging is mostly meant to get rid of spelling errors and tags that mean essentially the same thing. Like these examples:

Digestion Noises == Digestion Sounds == stomach noises == stomach sounds == stomach growls == Stomach growl == stomach gurgle == stomach gurgling == gurgle sounds == gurgle == gurgles == gurgling == gurgling belly == belly noises == belly sounds == belly growl == belly gurgle == Tummy noises == groan == Growl == Growling

Those all refer to more or less the same thing so merging would make sense. Though I would also object to merging Growling & Digsesting noises. Growling usually refers more to a hungry stomach, digestive noises mean exactly that, noise occuring during digestion.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tigercloud » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm

I edit them out and changed them, please review again =) This was from yesterday, where I was still confused from an other topic where I was told these tags are redundant: viewtopic.php?p=2660672#p2660672 (But other people are complaining to him, that adding more tags is not bad and improve searchability, I just forgot to remove this here >.<)

But you have perfectly valid points about the Gender mostly in the species and hair colour. I also separated the Gurgle-Sounds from Digestion-Noises
---
tigercloud
Participator

Next

Return to Technical stuff