Can't upload stories

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Can't upload stories

Postby LunchBoxBoy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 am

Hello!

I was excited to be granted a gallery yesterday, but now I can't seem to actually upload anything.

What I have tried:

- Uploading from my chromebook as a .docx, a .txt, and a .doc file
- Uploading from my desktop as all of those above mentioned file types
- From two different internet connections
- logging in and logging out before attempting

It is worth noting that the story was written in google docs then downloaded into .docx and .txt files. When neither worked I emailed myself just the text of the story to the desktop, made a .doc file using open office, and then tried uploading that file. Still no such luck.

What I've seen so far is the loading circle forever spins. I've let it run for a couple hours but nothing works.

The story is only 5 pages and 2,300 words, so it isn't a massive novel I'm trying to upload.

Any help or suggestions?
LunchBoxBoy
New to the forum

Re: Can't upload stories

Postby KingKabal777 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:34 am

I usually type it all manually into a .txt file via notepad and space it in paragraph form where it's not paged and can upload
with greater than or equal to 2300 words, but I don't use Google docs so I don't have much to say for google docs. Try using
Openoffice or try using notepad/wordpad and manually type everything, resubmit, reply with further questions.

Please take note Eka's portal is NOT your technical support team or legal team, if you need technical support, hire someone
to fix any technical issues, website problems will be fixed accordingly to staff on their own.

If it's a network problem for you, I can't divulge into this problem for you as Eka's portal is not a tech support website and
the moderators don't allow the discussion of technical support for computers. I upload material here on my own computer and
not via where I do my technical skills, so my knowledge is limited for that reason.

Do you receive any error when you upload? If so, then it might likely be a server issue. The administrators often update
security and upgrade servers to fix real time issues that happen with security and the like. Otherwise, if you can't
upload anything, contact Eka.

The FAQ generally tells people to contact the administrator for any technical issues and the like first hand.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lightness0001 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 am

That seems like oddly and unnecessarily boilerplate text for a relatively simply question.

Anyway, I think the problem is somewhere on your end...? But I couldn't imagine where, as you seem to have done some standard stuff already to doublecheck (multiple connections, computers, filetypes). I myself upload .docx exported from Google Drive without issue.

Something that just occurred to me is that... actually the loading circle will spin forever with text files. I experience this myself. It's actually not a problem, it's just that it can't generate a thumbnail for text files (right there). So actually, you should be able to simply submit regardless of the loading circle by just pressing OK. And make sure to write a description, tag your stuff, etc. etc.
Feel free to support me on Ko-fi!
Lightness0001
Somewhat familiar

Postby LunchBoxBoy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Lightness0001 wrote:That seems like oddly and unnecessarily boilerplate text for a relatively simply question.

Anyway, I think the problem is somewhere on your end...? But I couldn't imagine where, as you seem to have done some standard stuff already to doublecheck (multiple connections, computers, filetypes). I myself upload .docx exported from Google Drive without issue.

Something that just occurred to me is that... actually the loading circle will spin forever with text files. I experience this myself. It's actually not a problem, it's just that it can't generate a thumbnail for text files (right there). So actually, you should be able to simply submit regardless of the loading circle by just pressing OK. And make sure to write a description, tag your stuff, etc. etc.

I figured the problem was most likely at my end. I've noticed that since my primary computer is a chromebook, things tend to become a lot more complicated ;)

For whatever reason the issue seems to have corrected itself this afternoon. The loading symbol kept spinning but I couldn't click post. Now... the loading symbol goes but I can click submit!

Thank you both for the response :)
LunchBoxBoy
New to the forum

Postby LucifersChef » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Lightness0001 wrote:That seems like oddly and unnecessarily boilerplate text for a relatively simply question.

Agreed. It read like a lawyer handbook was just spewed out.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Return to Technical stuff