Tags need to be Reworked

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Tags need to be Reworked

Postby Ravish » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:40 pm

So.. A couple of things need to be done with Tags as far as the galleries go.

1. Do not allow people to add tags on other people's work. It's extremely disrespectful to the artist in some cases when a tag is added and it is not a tag wanted by the artist on their piece.
2. Reworking the blacklist and watch list features to where the blacklisted tags automatically prevent a watch list tag from being deposited into your feed. This means if I have something on my blacklist but the submitted piece also includes something on my watch list, the black list should override the watch list and prevent the black list tagged piece from being shown in your feed.
3. The entire tag list needs to be pruned. There are too many tags of the same words, just in different phrasing or with numerical, symbols, or grammatical inputs added to them. A predetermined list needs to be made of all tags and the system needs to be enabled to prevent users from creating their own/new tags.

Myself and a few other artists loathe the tagging system for these above reasons. I would be willing to compile a list of all tags within this community so that duplicates cannot be created for use on gallery submissions.

Please do something about this.. this site has gone long without an update and it seriously needs some work.
I'm not your fairy godmother. I'm not going to sugar coat my words nor will I keep my thoughts to myself.
Ravish
Been posting for a bit

Re: Tags need to be Reworked

Postby ShinOhiXIV » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Yes. Yes this. 100%.
ShinOhiXIV
New to the forum

Postby Jidane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm

The tag system does need help, I'll have to agree.

While I don't use the blacklist and thus can offer any feedback on what would be appropriate changes there, I do know that having a bazillion tags makes searching things rather time consuming, because of the lack of "uniform" tags. For example, if I search for "male pred", I get only part of what is actually in the archives, because some images with the topic are tagged as male pred, while others are just marked with M/whatever ( M/M, M/F, M/? and so on).

Now, I know coding and whatnot isn't the easiest thing and reworking the tag system might be a huge thing to tackle, but having something akin to FA could be an option. You have a set list of categories to put your things in AND you can add specific tags/ search words as well. Having sort of a catalouge to pic categories from would also help to get rid of unneccesary doubles like M/M, M-M, M*M ect.

In addition, having other people add tags to images is a thing that needs to go imho.
I've seen people ranting about it before, that tags were added which didn't even fit the image or some that were just misleading and damaging to the original intent/message/vision of the artist (i.e. adding a digestion tag when there is none in the image, nor is there any hint of it being implied or otherwise hinted at).
Jidane
Artist

Postby Eka » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 pm

We already considered this, and we will add options to opt out of community tagging, adding refining tag feature, etc. in the future. We will let you all know when we can commit to an update.

Meanwhile. Feel free to send me duplicated tags that need to be merged. Also, please report tag that you don't want that are repeatedly added. We do record who add tags and if it is done with malicious intent, we will need someone to point them out so we can deal with those.

Any of those can be sent directly to my private message.

Also, please be considerate when making a demand on a free site. This site doesn't have revenue or employee.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff