IP filtering

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

IP filtering

Postby Zomulgustar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:41 am

I have recently started using a vpn for all of my internet use. Yesterday I tried to access this site and my IP was denied. I assume that somebody that used the same IP I was given from my VPN had done something to get banned from coming back, but that isn't really a good solution. It blocks anyone else from accessing the site from that IP while the original offender probably won't even notice since they will have logged in to their VPN again later and received a brand new IP. Just wondering what the policy on such a thing is and would vote to never ban people by IP in this day and age. I would encourage anyone to use a VPN to protect their identity and put a screen between us and internet providers so they'll have a harder time with the whole "net neutrality" issue. Just my 2 cents. Hope I chose the right forum group for it.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Re: IP filtering

Postby KingKabal777 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 am

VPN services, even paid services can be and are abused. They are often blacklisted not only on certain websites but by services such as Cloudflare or similar. Websites cannot promise every provider can access any other network. If you decide to use Tor,VPN,IP Proxies, using them for any reason can and will be abused by anyone, I'm sorry to hear about this, but unfortunately should you need to access any website for a legitimate reason or purpose, you should email the administrator or send a DM to Eka regarding this matter.

Some countries also block websites that may contain adult content, should your ISP block this website, then you have a legitimate reason to use Tor/VPN/Proxies. If in doubt, contact the administration.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bcdjcvsjhvjh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:52 pm

KingKabal777 wrote:VPN services, even paid services can be and are abused. They are often blacklisted not only on certain websites but by services such as Cloudflare or similar. Websites cannot promise every provider can access any other network. If you decide to use Tor,VPN,IP Proxies, using them for any reason can and will be abused by anyone, I'm sorry to hear about this, but unfortunately should you need to access any website for a legitimate reason or purpose, you should email the administrator or send a DM to Eka regarding this matter.

I'm using a VPN right now and am able to access the site just fine. So the site dosen't block VPNs as a whole.
bcdjcvsjhvjh
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:20 pm

We don't have any particular restriction on VPN. If your connection runs into a problem, generally the problems are all case to case. Best to simply follow the instruction on the error page. It should tell you what to do if you need something to be done.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff