Problems with tags and detail box

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Problems with tags and detail box

Postby mZmm » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 pm

I have two questions.

First of all, why does the detail box for a submission not expand when you are trying to edit it? I have very long descriptions on some of my items and having to edit them through a tiny 2-line box is an absolute nightmare. As far as I can tell there isn't any obvious way to expand it.

Secondly, why is it so difficult to copy tags from other websites to this one? The one tag per line system makes it near impossible to just copy tags over. And if you do copy it over and try to fix the spacing then all the tags beneath the one you were editing disappear, presumably due to the drop down menu.
mZmm
Participator

Re: Problems with tags and detail box

Postby Eka » Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Subject: Problems with tags and detail box

mZmm wrote:I have two questions.

First of all, why does the detail box for a submission not expand when you are trying to edit it? I have very long descriptions on some of my items and having to edit them through a tiny 2-line box is an absolute nightmare. As far as I can tell there isn't any obvious way to expand it.

It isn't part of the feature. That is why. If you have a long description, it is best to simply copy and paste from word processor or notepad.

Secondly, why is it so difficult to copy tags from other websites to this one? The one tag per line system makes it near impossible to just copy tags over. And if you do copy it over and try to fix the spacing then all the tags beneath the one you were editing disappear, presumably due to the drop down menu.

You can also use , (comma) in addition to line break. Both works. See if that helps.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff