Is there any way to block individuals from interactives?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Is there any way to block individuals from interactives?

Postby Aces » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:45 am

Title is a little bit incomplete.

Is there any way to block certain users from contributing to interactive stories? Because despite my best efforts to constructively criticize the work of some people, they continue making posts that are one liners, bastardized English, disregard the story's narrative, or sometimes just straight-up trolling. I would just delete their pages but that functionality has been broken for years.

There is already an option that is supposed to prevent people other than the story owner from contributing, although I'm not sure even that works. Then again I don't really want to block absolutely everyone anyway. I would like some kind of Whitelist or Blacklist system.

Such a system would allow for greater control over the quality of interactive stories.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Is there any way to block individuals from interactives?

Postby KingKabal777 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 pm

There's no feature for at that this minute. I generally browse interactive pages, and sometimes I see such content, in which I agree with you on. If you do see such content happening, either delete it yourself if possible or report it to the moderators/administrators (such as page vandalism, ToS violations, etc). I'm certain the moderators and administrators monitor the site and take action when they can.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gabriel0813 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Kind of weird not to have that feature if your gonna do stuff that won't have someone messing with whatever interactive story you're trying to do for people to view.
Gabriel0813
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:26 pm

No we don't have that feature in to individually approve each contributor. You can lock it to yourself only. But that is mostly it.

If someone is outright trolling. Don't delete the page. Report it and I will deal with the user directly.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Aces » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Well, I don't really need a feature to approve each contributor. That would be tedious and silly. I'd just like a way to block individual contributors without blocking everybody else.

The problem with the current system is that I don't think exceptionally bad English or lousy typing skills counts as trolling, unless I can prove it's being done on purpose. It's these people I'd like to selectively block.

But, that said, if I see outright and obvious trolling, I'll inform you.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zerg » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:45 am

You could always try to find another website that has a more robust list of features for interactive storys.
Zerg
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aces » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 am

Is there one that won't boot me for smut?
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello Aces,

You may take a look at https://chyoa.com/.

Its a newer site focusing on AIF that seems to allow vore (there is a tag for vore). Their rules prohibit underage sexual content, bestiality (defined as unintelligent animals) and extreme violence during sex (but allows non-consensual.) There are several interactives that have vore in them on the site already.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AlluringPredation » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Perhaps lock to self-only, and start up a thread where people may provide contributions for your approval. That way you can plug them in after a little personal touch
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Return to Technical stuff