Why this site isn't available when vpn is enable?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Why this site isn't available when vpn is enable?

Postby Creatorrr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 am

When i turn on vpn instead front paige i see "403 Forbidden" , but without vpn site is available. Why?
Creatorrr
New to the forum

Re: Why this site isn't available when vpn is enable?

Postby KingKabal777 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:07 am

Creatorrr wrote:When i turn on vpn instead front paige i see "403 Forbidden" , but without vpn site is available. Why?

Not sure if technical related but, if it says 403 forbidden, it tells you that your ISP doesn't grant you permission to access the site.

It is advised that you carefully read the Terms of Service and Privacy Policies for any provider you are considering. Laws vary from country to country and what may be legal in one, is not in another so you need to make your decision based on your own situation when it comes to using VPNs. Contact your provider in regards to this situation, as we cannot resolve issues involving your ISP, as VPN services, even paid services can be and are abused. They are often blacklisted not only on certain websites but by services such as Cloudflare. We cannot promise every provider can access this website or any other network on this website, as when it comes to a ISP or a VPN issue, we cannot fix issues involving them.

Hope this clears why, if you get a different error and not a 403 forbidden, you should contact the administrator or mention the error via screenshot here and we might look into it.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:35 am

KingKabal777 wrote:
Not sure if technical related but, if it says 403 forbidden, it tells you that your ISP doesn't grant you permission to access the site.

It is advised that you carefully read the Terms of Service and Privacy Policies for any provider you are considering. Laws vary from country to country and what may be legal in one, is not in another so you need to make your decision based on your own situation when it comes to using VPNs. Contact your provider in regards to this situation, as we cannot resolve issues involving your ISP, as VPN services, even paid services can be and are abused. They are often blacklisted not only on certain websites but by services such as Cloudflare. We cannot promise every provider can access this website or any other network on this website, as when it comes to a ISP or a VPN issue, we cannot fix issues involving them.

Hope this clears why, if you get a different error and not a 403 forbidden, you should contact the administrator or mention the error via screenshot here and we might look into it.

The above information is wrong. ISP very rarely blacklist site, and if they do, it wouldn't be a 403 usually.

403 Forbidden means the specific site doesn't give permission to the end user. Not an ISP thing.

Generally speaking, we don't ban VPN, but we do blacklist connections that try to spam this site. 403 forbidden are usually spammer or brutal force hacking attempt. Probably other people used that VPN to do something like that before.
Eka
Administrator

Postby zarpaulus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:45 pm

I just turned my VPN on and it's not interfering with this site.

Where is your ISP host located?
zarpaulus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dflr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 pm

I too am viewing the site on a VPN and it works fine. Which VPN service are you using?
dflr
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seapriap » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:26 am

It happens quite often via using the Tor Browser (not OP but it occured to me nonetheless).
Seapriap
New to the forum

Postby tigercloud » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:50 am

When you use the TOR-Browser for example, you have to go throught the TOR-Network and there are some PC/Servers called "Exit-Nodes", these are the PC/Server where you come out of the TOR-Network into the "normal" Internet. There are not super many of them, thats why much traffic comes from these Exit-Nodes. Some Tools detect these Exit-Nodes as "Spam-Users" because of the huge traffic from them. I think usually a Exit-Node is detected as Spam PC/Server when you use shared-ip-blacklisting-services or so

It can sometimes help when you create a new channel to this Page. You can do it while clicking on the Onion-Icon in your Browser and select "New Channel for this Page". The Page should refresh by itself, repeat this until it works, since you switch to an other exit-node when you do this.

This is at least the way how you can do it with TOR.

But it could also help if Eka's Portal would be avialable via the TOR-Network, then we could easily access to this Page without using Exit-Nodes
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby KingKabal777 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:32 pm

tigercloud wrote:When you use the TOR-Browser for example, you have to go throught the TOR-Network and there are some PC/Servers called "Exit-Nodes", these are the PC/Server where you come out of the TOR-Network into the "normal" Internet. There are not super many of them, thats why much traffic comes from these Exit-Nodes. Some Tools detect these Exit-Nodes as "Spam-Users" because of the huge traffic from them. I think usually a Exit-Node is detected as Spam PC/Server when you use shared-ip-blacklisting-services or so

It can sometimes help when you create a new channel to this Page. You can do it while clicking on the Onion-Icon in your Browser and select "New Channel for this Page". The Page should refresh by itself, repeat this until it works, since you switch to an other exit-node when you do this.

This is at least the way how you can do it with TOR.

But it could also help if Eka's Portal would be avialable via the TOR-Network, then we could easily access to this Page without using Exit-Nodes

I have went through this matter before many times with Tor, when you're on the deep web/dark web, you use a entry node. When you're on the clear web, you use a exit node
like you mentioned. If you have a issue with your current exit node, you can do a wireshark analysis on the exit node you're using to see if there is any issues with it, but if
a wireshark analysis will not do, the best result is to generally reset tor with Control+Shift+U, and hitting YES to reset and get a different exit node. That way, if you can get on the site, you may be able to determine what the issue is at first hand, but be sure to know the location of the exit node before resetting Tor, as when you close out of Tor, you're out of the exit node, and when it's reset, you have a different IP in another location.

Most VPNs and Exit nodes can be abused and used for malicious purposes, so in this reason, some sites choose to block Tor exit nodes and some block VPNs (4chan for instance) because of this type of case (dos attacks, sql attacks, brute force attacks, fingerprinting sites, etc).
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:47 pm

KingKabal777 wrote:I have went through this matter before many times with Tor, when you're on the deep web/dark web, you use a entry node. When you're on the clear web, you use a exit node
like you mentioned. If you have a issue with your current exit node, you can do a wireshark analysis on the exit node you're using to see if there is any issues with it,

Please stop posting non-sense on the technical forum. That is not how wireshark, exit node or entry node works at all.

the best result is to generally reset tor with Control+Shift+U, and hitting YES to reset and get a different exit node. That way, if you can get on the site, you may be able to determine what the issue is at first hand, but be sure to know the location of the exit node before resetting Tor, as when you close out of Tor, you're out of the exit node, and when it's reset, you have a different IP in another location.

Most VPNs and Exit nodes can be abused and used for malicious purposes, so in this reason, some sites choose to block Tor exit nodes and some block VPNs (4chan for instance) because of this type of case (dos attacks, sql attacks, brute force attacks, fingerprinting sites, etc).

You are just repeating something someone else said already.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff