Suggestion for new section

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Suggestion for new section

Postby Deathworks » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:52 am

Hi!

Based on the concerns stated by Ciriun in this blog entry (please take this entry also into account), I would like to suggest creating a new forum section dedicated to discussions and uploads which are restricted to non-fatal vore, non-digestion stuff without any sexual stuff.

The problem Ciriun has faced is that lots of material is not really marked enough with warnings. The thing is, there is only that many warnings and so on you can put on a thread or a post, so I don't think requiring people to improve warning policies would really help (in addition, there would still be those who fail to abide by that request). So, the more sensible to solution for members like Ciriun, which are effectively part of the original soft vore community would be to offer a small section where all material and discussion is to take this into account.

While personally, I don't have problems with sexual contents and a few of my works do actually include it, I am with him on the non-fatality issue. I honestly believe that there are others like us and I believe it would make sense to prepare a place for these more sensitive members to thrive, just as we have special places for other special interest groups to live and mingle with their own.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Suggestion for new section

Postby dravus » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:06 am

it's noy only Ciriun that has problems with fatal vore

I've being bitching all over the place about it and nothing was done

I'm finally glad someone decided to request an area I can work with.....because I am already on the brink of breaking from this place due to lack of support for Endo related subjects
dravus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:21 am

Are you guys blind or something? O.o Endo is the -only- type of vore that have it's own section AND it's own official information database. Or are you guys asking for something else?

Endo forum:
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Foru ... forum&f=82

Endo info:
http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Conteudo&cid=9
Eka
Administrator

Postby dravus » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:52 pm

Lack of support Eka

how many times has the Endo area been added to recently?

all I see on this forum is Digestion related subjects
dravus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 pm

dravus wrote:Lack of support Eka

how many times has the Endo area been added to recently?

all I see on this forum is Digestion related subjects

Well, someone been there with a section asking for more help for half a year.

Then why did you said nobody done anything when there already is a section and a highlight for it?

Can you specifies what will solve this "Lack of support" issue when even you didn't do anything about it in the last half a year?
Eka
Administrator

Postby Humbug » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 am

Sounds like another issue of the fact that this site is based on popular opinion. Unfortunately, there really isn't a whole lot that can be done about it beyond what's already done, as Eka pointed out. If you want endosomatophilia stuff to be updated more often, you might have to start posting stuff yourself, and perhaps people will notice the activity and begin posting their own stuff. May as well take initiative yourself if you want something to be done about it, 'cuz there's only so much that programming and website management can accomplish.
Humbug
---

Clarifications

Postby Deathworks » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:08 am

Hi!

Actually, the original suggestion was not about endo stuff per se. I guess the inherent overlap between endo and the original soft vore led Dravus a bit astray there.

What the original suggestion was about was effectively a soft vore section with even stricter rules, namely no death at all, no digestion, and no sex/adult stuff.

When we look at the sections that may currently be considered as candidates for this, we have the following picture:

Soft Vore Uploads: Includes death by digestion, sexuality
Endo: No restraints - the process can be fatal and can include sexuality

All the other sections are either directly aimed at one of the no-do aspects (like fatality in Hard Vore Uploads) or too open/generic (General Vore Discussion or Other/Combination Uploads) to be considered candidates.

The reasoning behind such a section is that you can't expect people to mark everything and anything when sharing their art - most people, even if they make an honest effort, will forget to mention something. So, having a special purpose area for members who are feeling very squeemish about sex and violence sounds like a more feasible solution. People who have violent or sexually explicit material can still conduct their business in the old sections while those who want G-Rated stuff only can safely exchange their thoughts and materials without having to fear that an ambiguous thread title hides something that can ruin their day.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Clarifications

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:50 am

So what should we call this section. "G-Rated"?
Eka
Administrator

Re: Clarifications

Postby Humbug » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:02 am

*Nod.* Yeah. I was actually addressing Dravus in specific there. Guess I should have specified. Anyway, if that's the case, you might want to make a couple suggestions what to call the new areas, were they to be created, and specifications. Perhaps gather some ideas for what should be allowed from various interested people. Stuff like that.
'Course, if Eka doesn't see a need for it, there's not much you can do but try to convince her. Good luck in your endeavor. Seems your purpose is noble enough, even if what spawned it was a pretty goofy and poorly-articulated blog entry.
Humbug
---

I agree with Humbug

Postby Deathworks » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:17 am

Hi!

I agree with Humbug that we first need to gather some information about the people interested in that kind of section.

One known person interested in it, would be Ciriun. And Dravus seems to be at least a candidate for a participant as well. And I am sure there are other people.

So, I honestly hope that people participate in this thread so we get a short phase of brain storming.

After all, it would be rather pointless to create a new section, have nearly no participation and people complaining that they want another G-Rated zone with some other special restrictions.

Personally, I think "G-Rated" would be a dangerous title for it as it can be misleading. Even if the content is "g-rated", Eka's Portal itself is an adult site, and even that section is still a place for adults to meet and discuss things.

Something along the lines of "Completely Harmless" may be more appropriate.

As for the "house rules", I guess G-rated would describe it. More explicitly no death, digestion, or sexuality.
I also suggest a no torture or serious injury clause in its description, but that is just a suggestion of mine of which I don't know how others feel about it.

So as to maximize its efficiency, I suggest not limiting it to oral vore, but have it open also to endo stuff (although quite a bit of endo-stuff would not be allowed because of the no sexuality clause). But again, that is something the (prospective) participants should figure out.

I know this is all rather sketchy, but I really believe that there are some people who would join in who just don't have shown the courage to state their opinions yet, and I want to get them on board as well.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: I agree with Humbug

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:40 am

"Completely Harmless" is a pretty bad name... >.< for example, I never see sex as something that hurts. How is that not utterly confusing to people who doesn't think the same way as you do?

Another name please..?
Eka
Administrator

Postby dravus » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:33 am

Humbug wrote:Sounds like another issue of the fact that this site is based on popular opinion. Unfortunately, there really isn't a whole lot that can be done about it beyond what's already done, as Eka pointed out. If you want endosomatophilia stuff to be updated more often, you might have to start posting stuff yourself, and perhaps people will notice the activity and begin posting their own stuff. May as well take initiative yourself if you want something to be done about it, 'cuz there's only so much that programming and website management can accomplish.

I am not an Artist.....I don't have writing skill

how can I add to something when I don't have the means to do so?
dravus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Houyo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:03 am

You can try. You can make bad art. You can right bad stories. You'll get better eventually.

The way I see it, if you don't atleast try to contribute, you have no right to bitch.
Houyo
???

Postby diablodevil2 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:34 pm

Houyo wrote:You can try. You can make bad art. You can right bad stories. You'll get better eventually.

Not that Dravus will see it, since according to his blog he's gone, but yea, that's what I did, at least art wise.

I don't know. There have been a lot of times I ran into stuff I didn't want to see (CV, HV, etc.), and I shrug it off, maybe leaving a post suggesting a bit more explanation from time to time if I felt it was appropriate. Truthfully, I feel it was a bit immature to react in such a way. From what I can see, the Portal is made to appeal to all types of vorephiles, not cater to one specific group. Who knows, maybe I'm just talking out my ass and being a jerk about it, but I wouldn't feel right demanding a section made only for female nagas, or some similar thing.
diablodevil2
Author

Postby Ciriun » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:53 pm

Thanks for showing me where this is, Deathworks. I have a few art pieces I've put up before that were of this sort, and all my writing so far is.

Yeah, I'd say limit violence as well as the death and sexual content. Otherwise people could claim "Its ok to put here because they aren't dead yet." It should also avoid UB and CV at least. But what about nudity?

Naming it is the hard part. As of now, I don't have any suggestions. Completely Harmless sounded good, but Eka raises a good point against it.
Proudly using words like sugar, sauce, candy, sucker, milkshake, and cherry without any double meaning.
Ciriun
Somewhat familiar

The pros and cons

Postby Deathworks » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:00 am

Hi!

Diablodevil2: I know, over-dividing may actually confuse people and make a place inoperable. That is why I always try to find solutions that get as many people in the boat as possible.

In this case, this discussion here actually coincides with some things I came across during my stay in the macro community. Quite a number of the active people there were not strictly fetishists but rather people who were intrigued by our ideas and the concepts. So, not all of them related macro with sex. Similarly, when the interactive boom swept across Stories.com, one of the biggest problem were people creating fetish interactives, but labeled them PG-13 or something because they didn't want sexual content in them. This caused trouble, of course, since it resulted in real minors getting involved in material actually meant for adults. This is also why just naming the section by its age-rating makes me worry about possible misunderstandings.

Anyhow, I think that there are enough people here who would rather have no sex or death in vore, to make such a new section viable. And since these people can sometimes be quite thin-skinned and with the impossibility to require contributors to warn about every kind of possibly problematic content, this solution seems best.

But you are right, we shouldn't divide the community beyond necessity. This is why I hope that more people get involved in this process so that the rules/definition we use for that new section cater to as many people as possible.

That is why I appeal to anyone who may wish to participate in such a section or even just visit it, to describe what they are looking for there.

Houyou: I also want to add, that even by discussing your thoughts, by describing your dreams, or by helping people analyze things, you are already contributing valuable material to the community. Therefore, even if you feel you don't have any artistic talent, you still have your feelings and thoughts which you can share with us.

Ciriun: Personally, I would suggest being relatively strict, at least concerning things related to sexuality or pain/death in relation to vore.

However, I have been wondering about death that is not-vore related. For instance, among other things I am working on the plot for a very short fantasy digital novel. It may end up including an option/development where the shrunken main character kills a giant spider attacking her. The entire spider scene has no vore content at all and is more part of the micro/adventure theme. Still, I am not so sure about whether something like that would be good for that section.

So, I hope for more input on this.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: The pros and cons

Postby Ranger » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:10 am

Okay, I was thinking about this today, and from what I've read I can think of one thing that could easily solve this ordeal...

How about simply putting a sub-section in the Endo area for "Non-Fatal" vore? o.o As for Non-Yiff stuff, well, I don't see the use in having one with a 18+ site to begin with.

That's my opinion.
Ranger
---

Postby Naman » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:17 pm

Heh. Just using the endosoma section wouldn't work anyway, as endosoma includes an awful lot of heavily sexual stuff.

vore.yafas.net is minor-friendly in the main areas, though we do allow non-graphic digestion.

Honestly, I'd suggest just making a topic for it here. It doesn't seem like something that warrants its own section. It's too narrow, IMO.
Naman
something normal

Postby Ciriun » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:59 pm

Deathworks: I'd say non-vore killing would be alright as long as its not particularly graphic. So sure, slay a giant spider, as long as long as its not showing tons of blood or guts. Think along the lines of Disney movies.

Ranger: Just because the site has an age limit doesn't mean it has to be only stuff that's not safe for kids. It'd be like a bar that only serves the strongest proof drinks, even people who are of age might not enjoy it.

Naman: Thanks for the site, and you may have a good idea there. The only flaw would be finding and keeping track of it.

And I'd like to think even people who are ok with sex and violence would still look in. With any luck it would eventually have some good stuff worth seeing.
Proudly using words like sugar, sauce, candy, sucker, milkshake, and cherry without any double meaning.
Ciriun
Somewhat familiar

Postby jackalopebob » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:27 pm

Of course, i seem to be the one to point out that sexuality is relative. What one person sees as tame may in fact be quite erotic to another, so then again, we are getting into individual opinions and the question of who is the authority on what goes where.

Which is, after all one of my biggest pet peeves, Unsubstantiated Claims to authority. sadly, an all-too-common occourence on the internet.
jackalopebob
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Technical stuff