I can't reupload items

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

I can't reupload items

Postby Casdan1492 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:52 am

I've been having troubles uploading new versions of some of my items. Like, for the last two days or so, new versions don't upload. Is it just me?

I'd even swear that I saw new versions uploading and appearing for a brief time, and then the items reverted to the previous, older versions. But I'm not sure about this.
Casdan1492
Been posting for a bit

Re: I can't reupload items

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:29 am

My own experience in re-uploading items is that they don't appear to update until you log out and back in after the re-upload. Close the browser or log out. Once you have logged back in, those items should appear correctly.

My guess is that this is an idiosyncrasy of the browser cache rather than a bug in the G4 Gallery software used on Eka's.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Casdan1492 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Yup, you were right, thanks! I deleted my cookies just to make sure, and that solved it. I think I was using a different computer the time I did see the newer versions, so nothing really reverted ^^; It's weird, because I had not experienced this previously. All my items always updated in just a few minutes... or did they actually update immediately, but I didn't get to see it so soon? :silly:

Whatever, this thread could now be closed.
Casdan1492
Been posting for a bit

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:41 pm

They updated immediately, but until you logged out or closed the browser, it wouldn't update there. No doubt a caching issue.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Technical stuff