Update to this site: Operation Server move

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Update to this site: Operation Server move

Postby Eka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Sorry for the delay! First, I apology for the time it took to come up with something. Finding an ideal location for our questionable content is more complicated. We decided to take our time and get a place where we won't run into problem first before we commit. Also, please understand that we get no money from this site. We take no commission and shows no ads, nor do we beg for money from people or give anyone special treatment for donation. So, when real life issue come up like sickness and family problem, those take priority, and once again we apologize for the delay as a result.

Moving on! A few things to update for you guys:

1. Over this weekend, between March 1st and March 3rd, expect temporary interruption. We will be updating our configuration to get ready for the server move.

2. Over the next week, between March 2rd to March 8th, chatroom will be moved to a temporary location. Also, expect interruption.

3. On March 10th, the entire site (minus the chat) will go down to prepare for data transfer and transportation of the server

4. Estimated around March 15th - March 20th. Our old server will be in a new location that better fits the type of content we wish to host to give us the flexibility to provide service and policy that fit our vision.

Extra few things:

a) This is not a complete plan. We still need a new server, as our current server is very old and probably not fit for traveling.

b) This is where everything will come in place. We will be hosting fundraise on our temporary outage page. Hopefully, we will get enough funding for our future server.

Tweets by aryion

d) Currently, we are NOT committing to any policy change or reversal. Things are staying as it is written in our rule. Please continue to follow them! We will have update when there are rule changes! Everyone will be informed!

FAQ:
1. Are there any kind of dataloss to be expected?
A: No dataloss for anyone anywhere on aryion.com is expected. No resubmimssion of any kind is necessary. This is just a server move. No software changes are expected.

2. When is the the downtime exactly?
A: Estimated between March 10 to March 20. +/- 5 days.

3. How are we going to be informed?
A: Just check https://aryion.com. The page will still be up.

4. Are there any other changes?
A: If it was not specifically stated, there are no changes. When we are going to change anything we will specifically tell everyone.

We will continue to post update here, mean while, stay tuned!
Eka
Administrator

Re: Update to this site: Operation Server move

Postby DimensionalKitty » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:33 pm

So basically the whole site will be getting an overhaul
DimensionalKitty
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:34 pm

$200 wing wangs for putting up with my shit for years.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fholgore » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:35 pm

I hope everything goes well. thanks eka for giving us this great site
fholgore
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArcaneSigil » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:39 pm

So biggest concern I'd like to address before anything else. I didn't see anything in your post, Eka, about our content or profiles. Are we going to need to port the content over ourselves or reupload it all all over again? If the first, I have no idea how to do that. If the second, I'm gonna be losing a LOT of content, personally, because I had to hard restart my computer a couple of times in the past and have since lost all of that work.

Second concern, not nearly as big, is the new site going to run similarly to this one? Also, I would donate if i could, but I'm broke and struggling to find a decent job at the moment.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Eka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:So biggest concern I'd like to address before anything else. I didn't see anything in your post, Eka, about our content or profiles. Are we going to need to port the content over ourselves or reupload it all all over again? If the first, I have no idea how to do that. If the second, I'm gonna be losing a LOT of content, personally, because I had to hard restart my computer a couple of times in the past and have since lost all of that work.

We actually already posted this before but I will repeat this again: All data are intact. Nothing was lost. Including all favorites and comments. No reuploading will be necessary for everyone.

Second concern, not nearly as big, is the new site going to run similarly to this one? Also, I would donate if i could, but I'm broke and struggling to find a decent job at the moment.

It is not a new site. It is just a server being moved from one location to another. The site will be mostly the same.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Lolman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:43 pm

Hope there won't be any problems in moving the site. Donated 100 bucks, good luck!
Lolman
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 pm

You deserve the medal for best admin Eka. If everyone who runs a site was like you, caring and struggling for their community instead of throwing them in the trash, the internet would be a beautiful place compared to what it is now. As someone who's in the front line of the online ideological wars, I know all too well how this must have not been easy for you.

Currently there are a few things happening in my life, and there's a possibility that some might be good news financially. If I can, I may donate a little during the downtime... no promises though. I could not do much else and you deserve at least that for what you've done for us. Good luck and I'll be following the upcoming news!
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Artemis » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Honestly I was expecting this to take longer. It seems like you did everything you could to help it happen quickly given the need to take your time finding a safe host. Thank you for working hard to protect us.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby zerothx16 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Ill be honest Eka I whole heartidly thought you were just going to lie down and take it, but I am so happy that things might just turn around. For me its not about the banned content, its more so all the censorship thats been happening around the internet. I have so much respect for you that you would go out of your way to welcome as many people of different shades and tastes that you can. Keep up the excellent work. I wish you all the luck, and I hope you get all the money you need for this. Ill donate if my heart issue isnt as bad as I am afraid it is.
zerothx16
Somewhat familiar

Postby Halcyon » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Excellent! I just donated. I'm so happy to be able to give back to the community that has done so much for me. Thank you!
Halcyon
???

Postby sweetladyamy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:41 pm

From what I understand this was long overdue.

I mean, they do say 'better late than never', so it's fine. But this downtime, it's going to be a long one it seems.

Anyway, hopefully all goes smoothly. I'd donate but the only way I could is cash by mail because there are no anonymous online payment services anymore (PayFiend fuck you!).
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Eka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Oh yeah. While I have everyone's attention. Here is something fun!

We broke 1.0 M user three month in a row since October! We are now consistently over 1 Million user every month!

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (21.74 KiB) Viewed 56131 times

Looks like we are still gaining user and going strong! Of course, this is the reason we kinda need a new server. Our traffic has only been going up and up. Saturating our connection on nightly bases. Once we get some hardware to help we will get more things sorted out to improve this site further.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Nekochow » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:02 pm

Will the site be down from the 10th March to 15th-20th March, or will it only be down on the 10th?
Nekochow
New to the forum

Postby GeneralUrist » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:07 pm

So, does this mean the ban on underage content is getting revoked anytime soon?
GeneralUrist
Been posting for a bit

Postby Done25 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 pm

How much for the server upgrade? Would be nice to know what sort of pay goal we're aiming for.
Done25
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Nekochow wrote:Will the site be down from the 10th March to 15th-20th March, or will it only be down on the 10th?

Down from 10th to 15th. Estimated five to ten days of downtime

GeneralUrist wrote:So, does this mean the ban on underage content is getting revoked anytime soon?

We can't really commit on anything until we get out of this location first. Stay tuned.

Done25 wrote:How much for the server upgrade? Would be nice to know what sort of pay goal we're aiming for.

Our last fund raising was in 2012 same time of the year. We needed roughly $4,800 for the server. We got over $6,000 of donation in 2012.

We have other concurrent fee monthly for the site hosting and other things, but over the year we were financially healthy.

This time the server might be a little cheaper, I am estimating around $3-4k? I'm still figuring parts out. Options can really varies depends on the location and the spec they require.
Eka
Administrator

Postby merlovinit » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:27 pm

Great! I can't donate much, but I was able to give a little. Good luck!
merlovinit
Participator

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Eka wrote:We broke 1.0 M user three month in a row since October! We are not consistently over 1 Million user every month!

Huh. Never would've guessed. This feels like a way smaller community than that.

I assume most of those users are unregistered...? Or do we actually get 1M registered users logging in every month? If the latter, I would expect a lot more activity on the Forum.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:35 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:
Eka wrote:We broke 1.0 M user three month in a row since October! We are not consistently over 1 Million user every month!

Huh. Never would've guessed. This feels like a way smaller community than that.

I assume most of those users are unregistered...? Or do we actually get 1M registered users logging in every month? If the latter, I would expect a lot more activity on the Forum.

Nine out of ten of the people here are lurkers with no account.
Eka
Administrator

Next

Return to Technical stuff