Update to this site: Operation Server move

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Re: Update to this site: Operation Server move

Postby Farfanuggen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:30 am

I've been a long time fan of the site and was one of those lurkers for the longest time.

I've tossed a little bit in the donation pool to make sure we keep this site running strong.

Thank you for everything you do Eka.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby sevensix » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:55 am

Great news, but I'd also like to know: is there any way to get rid of the big yellow announcement bar?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby BIGBIG » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:42 am

Happy to donate, hope it helps.
Good luck!
For the future, if you would be looking to refresh/redesign the user interface, or even just the visual, I would happily be a part of it.
I know some good and reliable web designers and Im close to graphic design myself. Would be willing to sponsor this.
BIGBIG
New to the forum

Postby surtech5 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:24 am

Money is a bit tight right now, but I believe in this site! Hopefully you'll have enough or where else will I go for my degeneracy?
surtech5
New to the forum

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:30 am

Artca9 wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote:You deserve the medal for best admin Eka. If everyone who runs a site was like you, caring and struggling for their community instead of throwing them in the trash, the internet would be a beautiful place compared to what it is now. As someone who's in the front line of the online ideological wars, I know all too well how this must have not been easy for you.

Currently there are a few things happening in my life, and there's a possibility that some might be good news financially. If I can, I may donate a little during the downtime... no promises though. I could not do much else and you deserve at least that for what you've done for us. Good luck and I'll be following the upcoming news!

Boop- popping in here to bump post. Agree whole heartedly-, not enough admins out here like Eka <3

Yep. This is one of the few sites where I feel like the admins are really part of the community, and are invested in it for sincere reasons. I trust Eka to always do what's right for the site, and for it's users, and that's comforting.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby stevenmb » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:51 am

You mentioned that you needed funding. How much money do you need and how much have you raised so far?
stevenmb
New to the forum

Postby Giogon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 am

3-4k is what they are trying to get too. There isn't a way yo see how much they have raised(yet anyway)
Giogon
New to the forum

Postby angel2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:47 am

Thank you for let us know about this. c:
angel2
New to the forum

Postby Eclipseneko51 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:32 am

Can I still log in to my account like normal or do I have to look for eka's on another site
Eclipseneko51
New to the forum

Postby analist_vorister » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:47 am

I'm honestly on the fence about donating. I'd love to, I really would, but I feel like I can't until I get a hard yes/no about the ban getting lifted. It effected most of my content that was up, and prevented me from posting any of what I was going to (to the point I just gave up on a few projects because I was like, "Well, what's the damn point now?") It just seems like I'd be rolling over if I donated, just to find out, "Welp, we decided the ban was permanent, but thanks for your money!" I don't say this to pressure Eka into a decision now one way or the other, just explaining why, after 10 years of all-round lovin' this site, I'm suddenly apprehensive on my first chance to show some real support for it.

Otherwise, thank you for all the updates! I know how to read through a thread, so I won't be asking any redundant questions that I'd already know the answer to by just scrolling...

But seriously, though: Eka, what's 2+2?
analist_vorister
Been posting for a bit

Postby acejt » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:34 pm

man long time lurker here, rarely comment or post just go around faving things from my fav tags. after all this hustle and bustle felt it was only right to contribute since iv been on this forum for as long as i care to remember! every little helps right? keep working hard we all really respect you in this community's corner Eka!
life is a game. lets see who gets the highscore
acejt
Been posting for a bit

Postby ChibiToy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Okaaaay, I guess a hundred bucks won't kill me... For all you've done for us so far, it's the least you deserve and if every user would spend just 1$ you'd be swimming in money. :P

Anyway, I know it's kinda ridiculous and not nearly enough but if I may be selfish, try to use this money to get yourself a service provider who allows the content which is forbidden lately, if you manage to do that, I might be inclined to donate some more... *wave* :3
God, please throw brains from the the heavens... or bricks. Doesn't matter as long as you hit! x3
ChibiToy
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:42 pm

I hope this means the lolis are coming back!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Artemis » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:47 pm

analist_vorister wrote:I'm honestly on the fence about donating. I'd love to, I really would, but I feel like I can't until I get a hard yes/no about the ban getting lifted. It effected most of my content that was up, and prevented me from posting any of what I was going to (to the point I just gave up on a few projects because I was like, "Well, what's the damn point now?") It just seems like I'd be rolling over if I donated, just to find out, "Welp, we decided the ban was permanent, but thanks for your money!" I don't say this to pressure Eka into a decision now one way or the other, just explaining why, after 10 years of all-round lovin' this site, I'm suddenly apprehensive on my first chance to show some real support for it.

To be clear, that is the one and only reason this server move is happening. There aren't any other reasons pushing Eka to move hosts other than the content ban, which very strongly suggests it won't become permanent. If by chance the host Eka is looking at still wants to ban content, the result would be that she'd go back to searching for a new host.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:35 pm

Redonionring wrote:Will all the removed images return to the site?

That is answered in the first post: d) Currently, we are NOT committing to any policy change or reversal. Things are staying as it is written in our rule. Please continue to follow them! We will have update when there are rule changes! Everyone will be informed!

Altimos wrote:Eka, is it possible to know a target $$ that you're trying to obtain...

Target is $6,000 for a primary server replacement and a potential development server as both of the one we use are from pre-2012 era. We already have the server move, transportation, and new installation + 1 year of hosting budgeted before all fundraising.

Currently we are a little over 1/3 the way through. Thank you everyone!

Madock345 wrote:As a lurker with no account, I can confirm this

Then how are you posting????

Foxgut wrote:I'm hopeful this means that those issues from a few months ago will soon be resolved. In any case, thank you for keeping us updated.

It wasn't really much of an issue. This will be much better for us in the long run.

brandon14 wrote:You sure our art and stories will be saved? I am quite worried about this. I just hope nothing gets messed up. ^^;

No matter how paranoid you are you won't out-paranoid me when it come to keeping data safe.

SonicSR71 wrote:So... just to clarify, aside from getting a new server, the site will remain the same? (Like, same link wise?)

If we didn't said something is going to change, that means there are no plan to change anything.

If we plan on changing something we will let you all know. This goes for everything on this site.

heath wrote:So will I still be able to login?

Not during the downtime!

MontyMiyagi2513 wrote:So will there be a new site for this or just a new server?

If we have something new we will let you all know!

UnbirthLover wrote:I would donate if I could, but I'm currently in the process of switching jobs and my rent is going up next month...

Donation is meant for dispensable income only. This site will continue to stay free for everyone with no commercial influence.

ihhh wrote:If any deleted images are restored, will they appear in our messages?

We will figure it out when we get there.

WindowsVistaFan7 wrote:And what about improving mobile site or even making an APK?

When we are open for suggestion for new changes or improvement we will let you all know. Currently we are not committing to any plan for anything else beside what we announced.

Bleahboy wrote:So is the actual physical server being moved to a new location entirely? Like out of country new? I find this very intriguing and wonder what the deeper details are. All-in-all though I like this news a lot and am happy for the work being done by you lovely admins. :-D

We won't be providing more details than we posted in our announcement regarding to the exact technicality.

BIGBIG wrote:Happy to donate, hope it helps.
Good luck!
For the future, if you would be looking to refresh/redesign the user interface, or even just the visual, I would happily be a part of it.
I know some good and reliable web designers and Im close to graphic design myself. Would be willing to sponsor this.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind!

surtech5 wrote:Money is a bit tight right now, but I believe in this site! Hopefully you'll have enough or where else will I go for my degeneracy?

Again, Donation is meant for dispensable income only. If it impact your daily life, or if you (or anyone else) have any reason where they need the money back, please PM me and we will get you refund.

Giogon wrote:3-4k is what they are trying to get too. There isn't a way yo see how much they have raised(yet anyway)

Currently we are a little over 1/3 the way through on a 6k target. Thank you everyone!

analist_vorister wrote:I'm honestly on the fence about donating.

First, I am going to have to stress that we won't let donation influence our decision and vision. If you don't believe in our vision. Just don't donate.

Having said that, why not just wait and see? There's no rush.

Artemis wrote:To be clear, that is the one and only reason this server move is happening. There aren't any other reasons pushing Eka to move hosts other than the content ban, which very strongly suggests it won't become permanent. If by chance the host Eka is looking at still wants to ban content, the result would be that she'd go back to searching for a new host.

While we are not making any commitment in what or how we are going to change in terms of policy. I think this comment is very rational.
Eka
Administrator

Postby zaneofbane » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Is there a place to donate for site upkeep? I don't mind pitching in $5 or $10 a month to help keep things going.
zaneofbane
Participator

Postby ShadowBlood » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:01 pm

So will this effect accounts? i know before on other sites moves to new hosts like this have required entirely new accounts be made, Also if/when the restrictions that are the cause of this move are gone will banned artist who posted that art have accounts be restored? The artist who is only reason i joined this site was ban because he was still sharing links to his art that had to be post else where because of restrictions making his art a bannable thing and it would be really unfortunate to see such good artist like him remain ban for some thing that may not be a bannable thing once these change to the site is done.
ShadowBlood
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:03 pm

zaneofbane wrote:Is there a place to donate for site upkeep? I don't mind pitching in $5 or $10 a month to help keep things going.

ShadowBlood wrote:So will this effect accounts?

All the informations are in the first post.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Spyrorocks101 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:56 pm

What’s going on here
Spyrorocks101
New to the forum

Postby mibankai1171 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:15 am

Will the site be keeping its name? And will any links saved from this site work once everything is transferred?
mibankai1171
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Technical stuff