Increase number of mandatory tags

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Increase number of mandatory tags

Postby kfahchan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 am

Currently it is mandatory to tag as non-vore from the UI.

Are there any plans to increase the number of mandatory tags? I think it would greatly help the browsing experience if there were extra requirements to include things like gender and size.

My first instinct would be the following:
All Male Prey, All Female Prey, All Other Gender, Mixed (and again for pred).
Then same-size, micro/macro, macro/micro, and mixed

This would add 3 drop down fields to the submission form.
kfahchan
New to the forum

Re: Increase number of mandatory tags

Postby Hariken » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:05 am

please do this. I hate people not tagging and me finding things I don't like while searching.
Hariken
Somewhat familiar

Postby Azane » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:30 am

I imagine adding Soft Vore/Hard Vore/No Vore would be much appreciated by a lot of people, too.
Azane
New to the forum

Postby Tyslan03 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:28 am

Oh, and scat, underage, fatal, non-fatal. Not to mention the type of vore, like oral or anal. And what about all those other fetishes that that end up in the mix like foot and bondage. Ugh, what a turn off. Man, all the tags should be mandatory >.>

Not likely guys. Content creators have been asked to tag their works to the best of their abilities, but making every field mandatory would probably be a tremendous hassle for the site developers and would require a lot of upkeep.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby lutro » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:16 pm

You're never going to come up with a list finite enough for something like this to be feasible. I think something along the lines of media type (story vs picture) would be more tenable, but requiring a big laundry list of what is ostensibly "these are things I don't like so people should have to explicitly tag them" just isn't happening, I wouldn't think.
lutro
Been posting for a bit

Postby lynxmeat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:46 pm

if any id just want a mandatory tag for underage/underage characters. cannot express how many times ive been looking around and found a character that i knew was under 18 in sexual situations. it grosses me out. and type of vore would definitely help, though i am guilty of not tagging what type of vore my images are so i’m part of the problem on that front lol
lynxmeat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:21 pm

As stated in our rule:

Tagging: Some tags are mandatory, like Hard Vore, Gore, Underage, Non-vore. Be sure to add them when necessary. For any mandatory tag we recommend using "Registered only" for view permission.

This has been the case for years now. There is no plan to increase the amount of mandatory tag otherwise.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff