Down the hatch

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Down the hatch

Postby Whatever666 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:54 pm

I guess quite a few interactive-story-fans know that Interactive story.
It (apparently) has been taken down.

What I wanted to ask, now, is... has anyone saved it somewhere? In its entirety or at least part of it?
Whatever666
Somewhat familiar

Re: Down the hatch

Postby noisekeeper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Shoot. I knew I should have saved a copy when I had a chance. Well at least web archive has most of it I think up to 2008. Gonna go through it later and pick out the ones enigma the fox wrote.

http://web.archive.org/web/200802160314 ... on/outline
noisekeeper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rat_Guy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:26 pm

NO! :cry:
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Paradox » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Holy Fuck... more and more of the ol good interactive stories start to dissapear ;_; first the original Unbirth High and now another fav of mine...
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby boredpenguin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Here you go. Missing some of the newer updates though.

http://www.filedropper.com/downthehatch
boredpenguin
don't care ^^

Postby noisekeeper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Many thanks boredpenguin. It's kinda sad how we have to constantly back up files in case this happens, like with the yahoo groups or with Stuffed Online.
noisekeeper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Enigma » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Really? Hah...I started that thing...good lord, years ago. So damn old. Yes, I'm the same Enigma. I lost my password to that writing.com username, which is why it lost all semblance of being edited/moderated.

I never saved any of it, I'm afraid to say. But maybe I'll finally arse myself to put my equally old vore short stories up here on Eka's. Warning, they are equally old, and I make absolutely no guarantees of their quality.
Born on a monday...
Enigma
Been posting for a bit

Postby vorelover07 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:21 am

Thank you boredpenguin. I went to look for it a few days ago (was attempting to read the whole thing) and saw it was gone. Damn shame, it was one of my faves.
vorelover07
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BB » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 am

Lol dont worry Enigma I am sure that any stories you are willing to share will be amazing. Really looking forword to reading em. :-D
BB
Somewhat familiar

Postby filiberto » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:49 am

Great! I heard about this story a while ago and I wanted to check it out but it was gone ):
filiberto
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 am

Enigma, I want to say thanks for making plenty of quality entries into the interactive vore stories on writing.com. I'm usually really happy when I see contributions from you, Throku, YetAnotherLurker, Conix, and DraconianTalon on that site, because people like you actually understand how to make readable, enjoyable chapters.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Enigma » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Shush, you'll inflate my ego, and there are lots of pins around. Thank you though. I've put up all my old stories I can find, for good or ill. Be gentle, most are anywhere from seven to ten years old.
Born on a monday...
Enigma
Been posting for a bit

Postby HorribleApparition » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:29 am

Wow. That's a surprise. 8O It was getting updates right until the end. It had been going downhill for years since Enigma stopped moderating it after he lost his writing.com password. Back in February, BradRepko made a new Down the Hatch interactive entitled Going Down the Hatch, which is now titled Down the Hatch: Out the Egress. His intention was that since the original was no longer being moderated, he'd start a new one where he could delete the bad or trollish posts. Now that the original is gone, maybe his remake will take off?

If you're interested, you can find it here. Slight warning, Brad is a bit strict with the quality of posting. He's not as strict as Throku, although he has mentioned that he is jealous of the high quality posts Throku gets in his interactive.

ADDENDUM: I think he changed the name from Going Down the Hatch to Down the Hatch: Out the Egress to signify that his interactive encourages vore that ends in scat, something the original stated was an out and out no-no (though that didn't stop some people).
I'd be careful if I were you... what the goddess tells you is the truth... may not always be the whole story...
HorribleApparition
Somewhat familiar

Location: Bathing in the twisted black sun of despair with just a hint of madness.

Postby Scorpi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 am

Hey Enigma, that was a very good story you started there. You are a really good writer i think and it's too bad that they removed "Down the hatch" story there. But it's a good thing that boredpenguin saved it there. I hope keep writing by the way.....hmm...watch out for that pin there Enigma :D
Scorpi
Somewhat familiar

Postby justaname333 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 pm

A shame that such an old, branched out interactive bit the dust like that all of a sudden, if I were to make a guess, I think something may have triggered the deletion of enigma's old, inactive account, which takes the interactive with it. Maybe contact with writing.com's administrators will bring it back, but I doubt that they would be happy to assist with a lost fetish story.

Brad's revision of the story caught my eye, at least until I noticed that the main characters' ages were pushed back into jailbait territory, which is a significant turnoff for me in such a sexual themed story. If it weren't for that, I believe that I would have really enjoyed reading and writing additions to it.
justaname333
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:24 am

BradRepko also makes good stuff, I forgot to include him in my list. I liked a lot of My Life As A Teenage Vorarephile. Are there plans on restoring all the old Down the Hatch entries into another interactive?
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Enigma » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 am

Assimilation wrote:BradRepko also makes good stuff, I forgot to include him in my list. I liked a lot of My Life As A Teenage Vorarephile. Are there plans on restoring all the old Down the Hatch entries into another interactive?

Unfortunately, especially with the jumbled clusterfuck it became in the end, I never thought or bothered to copy any of it down. While I am feeling the itch to maybe write some new shorts, I likewise can't say I have any real interest in starting a fresh interactive (I do have a new username on writing.com). Likely your only hope would be the possibility someone else saved it all, or those sites that try to archive all the detritus of the web.
Born on a monday...
Enigma
Been posting for a bit

Postby conix32 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 am

Oh, I had no idea people actually read my stuff here, Thanks Assimilation. Makes me feel at least a little bit better about all that stuff I have spewed over the years. And I do miss that interactive Enigma, If ever you feel compelled to start a new interactive, even though I know you have no interest at the moment. I would be honored to at least contribute something. Looking forward to anything new you would likely put out.
conix32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TerminusOmega » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:59 am

I'm sad to lose this one. It was one of the first two introductions to proper vore I had. The other was Vore High.
TerminusOmega
Been posting for a bit

Postby Uryx » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:09 am

Some of my best written works were planted in that Interactive, such a disappointment that all that work is gone. I suppose I should've thought to save them to a hard disc rather than trust them to the whims of the internet. C'est la vie! That archive website "snapshot" was, unfortunately, too far in the past for them to exist, so I guess they really are gone for good XP

Oh well, I think, next time I'm compelled to write, I'll remember this and keep it someplace safer. Perhaps I'll even see if I might get a folder in the "writing" section and submit them for everyone's viewing pleasure. Or I'll just ask my girlfriend if she'll submit them in her folder for me, since she already has one here.

Anyway, a shame to see this gone, but I suppose these things happen, to dwell on what was lost is to lose sight of what the future holds, there will be other interactives, and I'm sure, eventually, there will be a vore interactive like Down the Hatch and equally, if not more, grand. Rest In Peace, my favorite Interactive ^^

Oh, also, Enigma, I read a few of your shortstories, I enjoyed them enough, sorry I didn't comment on them directly, I've mostly been a lurker until recently, but lately I've been trying to mend my ways!
Uryx
---

Next

Return to Interactive story