Down the hatch

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Re: Down the hatch

Postby pwatson1974 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:10 am

OK, could someone help out a semi luddite, please? Tried to follow boredpenguin's link and got shoved to filedropper's main page, even after joining the service. Has the archive beenremoved or is there someother step I'm missing? Thanks for the help.
pwatson1974
New to the forum

Postby sniprpenguin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Seems like files are kept for a month after the last download, then discarded. Any chance of a reupload?
sniprpenguin
Participator

Postby Allie » Mon May 02, 2011 1:15 am

I'd like to second that request. The Wayback machine seems to have lost the interactive somehow, save for the index of chapters :(
Allie
Participator

Postby tod3690 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 am

I did do thos whole backing up interactve story thing.
tod3690
---

Postby stevebat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Maybe we could repost The interactive (with a little cutting) on Ekas?
stevebat
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadesofBlack » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:02 am

I recommend against clicking the links in chengnuo's post.

This appears to be... an MMORPG gold farmer's spam? Here? :?
Didn't click the links, though I wouldn't recommend it, since this sorta stuff usually involves malware to steal account info for any mmo's you play on your computer. 2 identical messages, posted very shortly after each other on 2 different threads, and rather suspicious links.
I don't usually open my mouth to complain about people, but just figured I'd put up a warning sign. Since their message is copy-pasted, I think I'll do the same >.>

On topic, since I'm posting here anyways, I miss this interactive too, and I'm a bit bummed, because I had some ideas that I was thinking of writing a few chapters with. That was a good while ago though, so my memory's a bit fuzzy on the details...
I'm thinking about, sometime when I have the time and am in the mood for grunt-work, archiving some of the interactives that are getting good as basic text copies, in case their author's ever lose their accounts, etc. Then the interactive could be rebuilt as it was some time before. Though if I ever did repost an author's work after they dropped their account like that, I'd want either their permission, or at least an open contact where they could ask me to take it back down if that was their intent.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tod3690 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:08 pm

I have thos whole thing where I started creating a topic about backing up a few good stores, but I never really did go any deeper with it.

But really Eka's portal has a bit better way to hold interactive stories, here you can add from any page.
tod3690
---

Postby Manubestofplus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Hey, I also have the almost whole interactive saved on my computer, thanks to boredpenguin. I'd like to resurrect it, since it's one of the best vore interactive I've found (and taking out poor chapters from the interactive). I sent a mail to Enigma to ask if it'd be alright to repost his interactive. A problem with reuploading everything is that ideally, we should ask every artist who contributed to the interactive their agreement to repost their work; as it wouldn't even be under their name, but under the reuploader's (I guess we could add credits in the end of every chapter, but that might be bothersome for the reader).

As mentionned before, we could use directly Eka's site to reupload the interactive, since it has a more powerful structure (allowing loops). However, with writing.com you can have a quick access to the 15 latest chapters, or through bookmarking all of your interactives, be warned when any of them gets updated. I do not know which one gives the most possibilities when managing the interactive. It'd be important to have a strong control on the new chapters, to avoid bad quality chapters like this interactive had in its end.

Well, what do you guys think ?
Manubestofplus
New to the forum

Postby Assimilation » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:40 am

Well, I've seen before a few 2.0 interactives where the replaced chapters have their original credits at the top of every chapter. It would say something to the effect of "(Original Chapter added by [Person] on [Month/Date/Year])" in italics with a double hard-return (pressing Enter twice) to then actually have the content of that chapter. That seems like a very fair way to do it and it's not very bothersome in my personal viewpoint. Asking every artist who contributed to that 1000+ chapter story is unreasonable and also unnecessary--they agreed to have that work up (attributed) in the interactive that was taken down by a system trouble, and this is the workaround that preserves the previous agreement.

I prefer the organization of writing.com to aryion's. I cast my vote that way, while absolutely acknowledging that Eka's Portal has a more powerful interactive story system. Unless I am wrong, I believe it allows jumps to other threads (therefore allowing loops in that) and also unlimited branches unlike writing.com's 5->3->2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 branching scheme. I like writing.com's visual structure for the most part--I find it kinda ugly to read interactives here.

How does moderation work in Eka's interactives?
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ShadesofBlack » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:42 am

Manubestofplus,

Glad to hear that this isn't gone for good. I'd suggest putting it up on writing.com, since that was it's original location. By putting it up here, you would preserve the content, in a way. But you would also change the nature of the interactive a bit, along with putting it up in a different location, meaning that many of those on writing.com probably won't know it's back up. I'd also suggest using caution when editing out bad chapters, so that you don't wind up removing things just because you didn't like the direction or the taste of a particular chapter. If you have the author's notes on posting rules, using those as guidelines would be a good idea. Of course, there's always a few strings of
"lol now wut, moron" and "you eat him, and all his friends, and his dog, and the world, the end"
chapters, but beyond those, I'd suggest thinking twice before cutting anything out.

If you have the approval of the original author, I'd say go ahead, and just include an "original chapter by" line in each chapter when possible. A note in the story description offering to remove any chapters that the original authors want taken down wouldn't be a bad idea, but when it comes right down to it, they never made the decision to take them down in the first place, so I doubt you'll have many problems there. If you need any help putting this back up, feel free to pm me, and I'll see what I can do.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RachelBabe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am

Hey so I was trying to download that but It wont let me it just gets to the file sharing site's main page.
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby Gypa » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 pm

ShadesofBlack wrote:Manubestofplus,

Glad to hear that this isn't gone for good. I'd suggest putting it up on writing.com, since that was it's original location. By putting it up here, you would preserve the content, in a way. But you would also change the nature of the interactive a bit, along with putting it up in a different location, meaning that many of those on writing.com probably won't know it's back up. I'd also suggest using caution when editing out bad chapters, so that you don't wind up removing things just because you didn't like the direction or the taste of a particular chapter. If you have the author's notes on posting rules, using those as guidelines would be a good idea. Of course, there's always a few strings of
"lol now wut, moron" and "you eat him, and all his friends, and his dog, and the world, the end"
chapters, but beyond those, I'd suggest thinking twice before cutting anything out.

If you have the approval of the original author, I'd say go ahead, and just include an "original chapter by" line in each chapter when possible. A note in the story description offering to remove any chapters that the original authors want taken down wouldn't be a bad idea, but when it comes right down to it, they never made the decision to take them down in the first place, so I doubt you'll have many problems there. If you need any help putting this back up, feel free to pm me, and I'll see what I can do.

Enigma (The Fox) ther origignal has Eka portal account so I think it would be easy to track her down.
Gypa
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:52 pm

I greatly prefer writing.com's system, but for one point, and that is new. That chapters can only be 10 000 characters (roughly 2 pages). The main problem that presents for me, is that I can't edit older chapters in my current story.
And in the case of a Down the Hatch revival, that there has to be some rewriting and re-organising, since the old chapters won't fit into this new limited set-up.

As for getting in contact with the authors, I think they are all here on Eka's, so I doubt that would be much of a problem, most however probably doesn't have a dozen copies of their chapters as I do though. (Though only my own stuff.)
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Uryx » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:20 pm

It's true, I didn't make any copies of the chapters I'd written, which is a huge shame, because I was REALLY proud of them...
"It's not justice if you don't go overboard"
Uryx
---

Postby Mach10chocobo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Rachel Babe wrote:Hey so I was trying to download that but It wont let me it just gets to the file sharing site's main page.

What they said, is there someone who can re-upload it?
Mach10chocobo
New to the forum

Postby RachelBabe » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 pm

It is actually possible to use that really old wayback... but it's so damn slow.
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby Lady_List » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 am

Sadly, none of the links once you're in it seem to work.. or maybe I'm doing it wrong. xD
Lady_List
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 am

I've got a bunch of the chapters saved on my hard drive. If it's alright with Enigma I could start a new interactive on Writing.com and post it all back up.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 am

Schpadoinkle wrote:I've got a bunch of the chapters saved on my hard drive. If it's alright with Enigma I could start a new interactive on Writing.com and post it all back up.

There was an attempt to remake it, but it's still at a lowly 24 chapters. If you could re-upload, crediting the original authors per chapter if possible, on this interactive, I think that would be best.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Manubestofplus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I reuploaded Down the Hatch on writing.com. You can access it here: http://www.writing.com/main/interact/it ... -the-Hatch.

Most of the previous chapters are back (I deleted a few here and there, when they were "shegrabsUandswallowsandyourgone!" style, and a very few whose style I think did not belong there (maybe some will complain... too bad ;p)). Some are missing (maybe someone else or their authors saved them ?), but all in all, adding the chapters that were duplicated due to the new 10000 characters limit, it is now 751 chapters big (compared to 840 before). Enigma agreed to me reuploading this great piece of work (thanks again), and I hope the different contributors will see it the same way (I added the author's name to every chapter).

For new contributions, the rules are in the introduction in writing.com. Basically, nothing changes except that I'll delete low quality work. If the add has good potential, but is still lacking, I'll notify the author and give a few ideas of what to change and why I think so. Trolls will be slaughtered mercilessly.

Well guys, I hope you'll be happy with the interactive, and that this happiness will soon lead you to help extending this great saga. Do not hesitate if you have any question/reclamation.

p.s. : if anyone still wants the saves from boredpinguin, they should find them here: http://www.2shared.com/file/OOlr_uKp/Do ... hatch.html. I have a few missing chapters myself, but they are not in the same format, and you can find them on writing.com now anyway.
Manubestofplus
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Interactive story