We are losing good content!

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Re: We are losing good content!

Postby YourQueenAndGoddess » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:44 am

rarrawer wrote:link_story_chapters.py is the script you want to use, set the target folder to whatever folder the story is in.
If you've got python ~2.7 installed, you should be able to just run it and be prompted to give an input folder.
It should output a linked version of the story to a folder called "output html"

The extent of web design I'm trying to handle is one page template for displaying the chapters, links, and misc info like author's names.
Maybe if things go well an outline page template.

I've written a new version that should make nicer looking pages and be slightly more user friendly, here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ing83r4uynbl3n9/WritingDotComParse-2014-4-15c.zip

Thanks for all of this! I'll get on to get it working... eventually. If I can, I'll see about putting up some of the working stories if people would want to download them. (I'm presuming they'd work in the 'repaired' state for other people)

For now... xlwt... I'll get it working... eventually.
YourQueenAndGoddess
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:17 am

YourQueenAndGoddess wrote:
rarrawer wrote:For now... xlwt... I'll get it working... eventually.

You're having trouble because xlwt is missing? Oh, I overlooked that.
xlwt is a library for working with excel files.
Thanks for telling me about the problem.
I've just written a change to remove the need for it unless you're actually exporting to excel.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/00u51wnkn48n0hl/WritingDotComParse-2014-4-15e.zip
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby YourQueenAndGoddess » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:06 am

That solved that bit, but now it's requesting beuatifulsoup4, which is proving similarly difficult to the other to install. Today is literally the first day I've ever used Python for anything, if that helps with understanding my stupidity surrounding it. And honestly, at this point, I'd recommend ignoring anything I say, but, is there a simple way I can fix the 'No module found named bs4' thing when trying to install that bit?
YourQueenAndGoddess
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

YourQueenAndGoddess wrote:That solved that bit, but now it's requesting beuatifulsoup4, which is proving similarly difficult to the other to install. Today is literally the first day I've ever used Python for anything, if that helps with understanding my stupidity surrounding it. And honestly, at this point, I'd recommend ignoring anything I say, but, is there a simple way I can fix the 'No module found named bs4' thing when trying to install that bit?

You could either install the latest version of the BeautifulSoup library, or wait for me to figure out how to package it with the script.
(It involves some command line stuff to install a library, gave me some trouble when i was starting too.)
I'll have a quick look now to see how much work it will take, but it's pretty late so it might be a day or two before I can get back to you

EDIT: Good news! I think I've learned to package the stuff as an executable with all the libraries included. (using py2exe)
Please tell me if there are any more problems.
It should work if you run link_story_chapters.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rqb3qb11168zqdj/link_story_chapters-dist-2014-4-15-b.zip

Edit: Here's a zipped example of the output from the latest version.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yb77vbpcfjp8fya/2014-4-16-example_1848010-ShrunkintheMyLittlePonyuniverse.zip
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby YourQueenAndGoddess » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:42 am

It seems to work perfectly now, even for such a tech-illiterate person as me, at least for the ones I've tested it on. Mediafire is being a bit of an arse about accepting an upload of the end-product, but that's more to do with the number of files. Entirely, in fact.

Many thanks, from me and what I would presume is other people. (Pst, be thankful, people.) <3
YourQueenAndGoddess
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:03 pm

YourQueenAndGoddess wrote:Mediafire is being a bit of an arse about accepting an upload of the end-product, but that's more to do with the number of files. Entirely, in fact.

Try zipping the files you want all together so you only need to upload one file per story.
(I use 7zip to compress things because it adds a nice set of option to the right click menu in windows https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Zip)

EDIT: I wrote a script to automate the process of processing the raw data into zip files of linked chapters, I'd be willing to run it over all my stuff and upload everything if someone helped me make the output pages a bit more readable.
Example of current output:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/q63hr4mcrs11a41/510.html
Basically I need a good width for the column of text, and possibly input on the background colour. (The colour must be in hex form for webpage use, e.g. 00AAFF)
I tried looking at the pages from writing.com for a width but I couldn't understand how it's defined there.
I don't really want to have to delete and reupload 4000 files on file hosting site if I can avoid it.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whereaminow27 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:42 am

Could you add World of Possibility by Throku. Or atleast explain how to use the software, to someone who has has never seen it before !
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:25 am

Whereaminow27 wrote:Could you add World of Possibility by Throku. Or atleast explain how to use the software, to someone who has has never seen it before !

?

http://www.writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1933512-Realm-of-Possibility

Seems to work fine, as far as can tell. I haven't added because I haven't had the time/urge to (It's horribly frustrating to write anything on a computer that doesn't acknowledge all your keystrokes for one.)
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby SoniaStrumm » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Does anyone have an old version of the Legends of Zelda Size Changing from before 2009?

Also:

1026634 Naruto Size Changing
1183481 Naruto Giantess Story
1409063 Naruto giantess story
1641180 naruto shrink/gts story
1717783 Naruto growth Interactive story
1829442 Ever Growing Girls of Naruto
1961754 Naruto giantess story

I'm only asking for these in the hope that one of them contains a chapter I remember liking that was deleted.
SoniaStrumm
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:23 am

SoniaStrumm wrote:words

What's on the listing is pretty much all I've got, sorry.

I'm trying to check if they're in the mediafire folder but the search is acting weirdly and not listing files that are visible in the folder view.

I may need to find another file host. If anyone has suggestions for sharing around four thousand 2MB zip files in a way that makes it easy for people to find the one they need, please tell me.

I've uploaded the stories whose IDs you listed to a new folder on mediafire, here's a link:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p4lghm6kjqkfb/2014-8-1

Whereaminow27 wrote:Could you add World of Possibility by Throku. Or atleast explain how to use the software, to someone who has has never seen it before !

I think you got the name of the story wrong, it's there already.
I'm uploading a processed version of the most recent download for that story into a folder on mediafire with some other stuff that was requested by another guy.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p4lghm6kjqkfb/2014-8-1

What specific part of my software are you having trouble with?
It's written assuming the user knows the Python programming language, and is just to work with saved HTML files.
A lot of it is messy and just there to feed data into and out of the HTML processing code.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krazen » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Hmm... is this still a thing? Any chance we can get #1055292, Feeding the Animals restored?
Krazen
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Krazen wrote:Hmm... is this still a thing? Any chance we can get #1055292, Feeding the Animals restored?

I don't have a tool to repost a saved story, only ones to handle downloading and extracting information.
The best my tools can do at the moment is make the data ready for import for a site admin or make an offline readable version from saved pages.
I can give you a readable version of the story data, and if you want also give you zipped raw pages and processed data in .json and .xls formats
EDIT: Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q7299qedyzseb/2014-8-6
I'm not sure when I'd even have the time to consider writing an upload tool, I'm much busier now than I used to be.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whereaminow27 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Okay, it may not have vore it in but it sure can be added, Which I would love to do with the Sexy Humanoid Ekans from Ash & and the land of the pokewomen. How do I save a copy of this? Im not sure how you use this program? If you could write simple instructions that even a zombie could follow, I might be able to get it.
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krazen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:31 am

rarrawer wrote:I can give you a readable version of the story data, and if you want also give you zipped raw pages and processed data in .json and .xls formats

Thank you! I actually did not mean to ask you to clean it up for me - I just wanted to get the data! Although I would not mind a JSON version as well - would be easier to reprocess on my end, I suppose.
Thank you so much!
Krazen
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Krazen wrote:
rarrawer wrote:I can give you a readable version of the story data, and if you want also give you zipped raw pages and processed data in .json and .xls formats

Thank you! I actually did not mean to ask you to clean it up for me - I just wanted to get the data! Although I would not mind a JSON version as well - would be easier to reprocess on my end, I suppose.
Thank you so much!

With the way my scripts are set up, it's actually easier to only give the cleaned up version. The scripts to build the html are set up so I can just copy-paste your text into a file and it'll figure out what you want and find that as long as the ID number is in there somewhere.

For JSON and XLS I actually need to set a target folder for it to run over, either a "toscan" temporary folder or the big folder with everything in it, meaning I either need to find and copy the folder with the story or run it overnight.

I'm working on getting you the JSON and XLS format data now, and plan to edit this post to include a link to it when it's ready.
Sorry about the wait, I have IRL things that I have to put first, meaning that I only really check this every month or so.
PM me if any of you care about a faster response, I'll see those sooner. Responses will still be done in spare time though.

EDIT: JSON script is not working, I might try fixing it later.
Here's the XLS and zipped raw HTML(uploading now):
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/d32j2xd3yw03j/2014-8-22
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby MrStrange » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:31 am

Hey guys, so, are any do any of these stories have fulltour/analvore? I would like to read something like that.
Oh, and I really only dig female predators.
MrStrange
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:20 am

MrStrange wrote:Hey guys, so, are any do any of these stories have fulltour/analvore? I would like to read something like that.
Oh, and I really only dig female predators.

I don't really have a proper search or detailed indexing system for what I've got, sorry.
It's extra work to write a script to do it and I'd have to learn how first.
If you want to find smut that suits your interests, you'd probably be better off using the search on writing.com, or maybe archive.org.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Altair1731 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:16 pm

This may be a long shot, but does anyone have an archived version of Unstable Future? It was deleted a couple years ago, and I've been searching for a backup ever since.
Altair1731
New to the forum

Postby rarrawer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Altair1731 wrote:This may be a long shot, but does anyone have an archived version of Unstable Future? It was deleted a couple years ago, and I've been searching for a backup ever since.

Here's a readable version I built from my really old stuff.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fd4jb ... Future.zip
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheRealRD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 pm

So I realize I don't really have a way to prove it (other than writing under the name "Leindurstit", a blatanty obvious reference to my "Food Chain" series), but I was the original creator of "Chris' Turn". I took a long hiatus and was quite frankly devastated when I logged in one day to discover the whole thing was gone. I had spent literally years slowly building and adding to it -- to this day, it's some of my favorite scenes and writing I'm most proud of. I had thought it was gone forever but this amazing community has lifted my spirits.

My deepest and most sincere gratitude to you, Rarrawer. You have given me a gift I don't know how to repay. I feel almost obligated to start work on the requested "reboot" of Chris' Turn in some other (more elegant) program. Twine, Inklewriter, StoryNexus.....I dunno. I'll have to do some research and think about it. Anyway, thank you so fucking much, Rarrawer. This means more to me than you could ever guess.

As a final thought, what did you guys like most about Chris' Turn? If it wasn't obvious, I started writing it when my tastes were vacillating between Vore and Cannibalism, which is why there was a fair amount of both. Is there any interest in one over the other? Was it a good mix? I always try to broaden my appeal but that sometimes carries the risk of diluting the impact and/or alienating one group or another. Feedback would be very much appreciated.

I love you guys. I really do. This thread made my day, my week, my YEAR. Thank you.
--Random Dragon
TheRealRD
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Interactive story