We are losing good content!

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Re: We are losing good content!

Postby Jayezox » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 am

If you dig enough, Writing.com has surprisingly good content. There are occasional poorly written chapters, but the biggest problem comes with chapters that are just choices with no content. Once you get past that, the Writing.com interactives are surprisingly good.

I feel like we need an FAQ for this. here are a couple questions I have:

How can you tell if the author is active? There is no "last logged in" portions of the profiles on the site that I know of.

How long does an account need to be inactive to be deleted? This would be great information so we can know which stories to start saving offline and stop contributing (unless the author logs back in and the story is saved).
Jayezox
---

Postby joubs8783 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 am

One of my personal favorites seems to be gone. Titled a"A New Day" I don't suppose anyone saved that one?
joubs8783
New to the forum

Postby minasan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:30 am

Jayezox wrote:How long does an account need to be inactive to be deleted? This would be great information so we can know which stories to start saving offline and stop contributing (unless the author logs back in and the story is saved).

https://www.writing.com/main/forums/act ... id/2874985

Took me a fair bit of digging, but finally turned up an explanation. Only paid accounts can maintain interactives, and if the person that started the interactive lets their paid subscription lapse for more than 4 weeks the whole interactive is deleted permanently.

A very painful system really.

joubs8783 wrote:One of my personal favorites seems to be gone. Titled a"A New Day" I don't suppose anyone saved that one?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2jsgnbdf ... newday.zip
Would be nice if this got rehosted on Eka's interactive system. Would be nicer if it got continued.
minasan
New to the forum

Postby JustSomePrey » Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Another Shrunken in High School was a great interactive on writings.com, anyone have that one?
JustSomePrey
Participator

Postby epyon108 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:44 pm

I was wondering if anyone saved "Return to the land of the giants" or People Garden. Both were great.
epyon108
New to the forum

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:34 pm

I'm not sure if this counts, but I know I had an ending on my interactive on this site that was way longer and part of the post is just gone now. Any idea what might've happened?
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:50 am

Spunkomatic66 wrote:I'm not sure if this counts, but I know I had an ending on my interactive on this site that was way longer and part of the post is just gone now. Any idea what might've happened?

I think it may have been corrupted. I've noticed some interactives on here showing corruption in the form of strange symbols replacing the letters and punctuation. The corruptions get worse to the point of being jarring sometimes :(

Here's an example of a corrupted chapter:

https://aryion.com/iss/page.php?story=191&page=391
Jayezox
---

Postby ryanperlman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:55 am

plz add some new stuff make some new intrusting categories.its a friendly advice otherwise its boring
ryanperlman
New to the forum

Postby Rendezvore » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 am

ryanperlman wrote:plz add some new stuff make some new intrusting categories.its a friendly advice otherwise its boring

This has nothing to do with categories, sounds super generic, and your username even has perl in it.
*pokes the bot* :-D
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Jayezox wrote:
Spunkomatic66 wrote:I'm not sure if this counts, but I know I had an ending on my interactive on this site that was way longer and part of the post is just gone now. Any idea what might've happened?

I think it may have been corrupted. I've noticed some interactives on here showing corruption in the form of strange symbols replacing the letters and punctuation. The corruptions get worse to the point of being jarring sometimes :(

Okay, yeah, thanks. That might be it. Such a bummer...
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:09 am

Jayezox wrote:

This isn't "corruption" of the page. Strange symbols replacing the punctuation is a result of copy-pasting text from a word processor (like Microsoft Word) into a text editor (like Notepad, or some textboxes on websites). This is because word processors will do fancy things like turn "..." (three periods) into "…" (one ellipsis). In order to support fancy characters, the program needs to use character encodings that require more data (UTF-8, if you've seen it around). Since the text editor, which is meant to be lightweight, doesn't support fancy character encodings (it might be CP-1252), it receives the encoding for "…" and goes "that's the code for â, "€, and ¦".

In the specific example you linked above, "’" is the CP-1252 encoding for the UTF-8 "’". It might be hard to make out between my quotation marks, but that's a right-side apostrophe. It's a fancy version of the apostrophe that happens when you put the apostrophe anywhere within or next to a word, except at the start of a word. A plain apostrophe ("'"), which is super hard to see between my quotation marks, turns into a fancy left-side apostrophe ("‘") if it's at the beginning of a word.

If you want to write something long-form and be able to submit it anywhere online without corruption, your best course of action is to write it and keep it saved in a plaintext editor until you're ready to transfer it to a textbox on a website.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Assimilation wrote:
Jayezox wrote:

This isn't "corruption" of the page. Strange symbols replacing the punctuation is a result of copy-pasting text from a word processor (like Microsoft Word) into a text editor (like Notepad, or some textboxes on websites). This is because word processors will do fancy things like turn "..." (three periods) into "…" (one ellipsis). In order to support fancy characters, the program needs to use character encodings that require more data (UTF-8, if you've seen it around). Since the text editor, which is meant to be lightweight, doesn't support fancy character encodings (it might be CP-1252), it receives the encoding for "…" and goes "that's the code for â, "€, and ¦".

In the specific example you linked above, "’" is the CP-1252 encoding for the UTF-8 "’". It might be hard to make out between my quotation marks, but that's a right-side apostrophe. It's a fancy version of the apostrophe that happens when you put the apostrophe anywhere within or next to a word, except at the start of a word. A plain apostrophe ("'"), which is super hard to see between my quotation marks, turns into a fancy left-side apostrophe ("‘") if it's at the beginning of a word.

If you want to write something long-form and be able to submit it anywhere online without corruption, your best course of action is to write it and keep it saved in a plaintext editor until you're ready to transfer it to a textbox on a website.

Okay, that's good advice. The weird thing is, for a long time it was fully normal in the interactive. It only changed to the abbreviated, incomplete version of the chapter like weeks later.
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Assimilation wrote:
Jayezox wrote:

Okay, that's good advice. The weird thing is, for a long time it was fully normal in the interactive. It only changed to the abbreviated, incomplete version of the chapter like weeks later.
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby Whereaminow27 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:16 pm

There is a missing story in the Folder section which is in the Listing.

Body Switching Machine ItemID: 1134413
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SuperKirby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 pm

It’s a stretch, but has anyone managed to save “a Endosomatophilia World”? Its ID was 1382677 from what I recall, and the plot focused around a teenage boy who uses a ring to shrink himself and explore girls’ bodies to study for a biology exam.
SuperKirby
Participator

Postby Four_Spears » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am

(Mobile posting on borrowed wifi)
I dont have many options in my current situation, but this seems the most relevant topic...

I'm trying to save a few interactives from the on-site interactives section here. Atm, i have limited time just enough to post this message and check back later. Wonndering if it's possible and if so, if i could link to the ones id like to save...
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ADK09 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:43 am

I'm trying to recall a story, I think it was called Four Canines? Had anthros and I think Renamon and such in it, was an old story.
ADK09
New to the forum

Postby Halowinner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm

I hope pokemon anal vore dont go im hopeing the eevee side get finish atleast if it does
Halowinner
Participator

Postby whitetights » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 am

ADK09 wrote:I'm trying to recall a story, I think it was called Four Canines? Had anthros and I think Renamon and such in it, was an old story.

I'm not familiarized with vore stories but I'm currently indexing all writing.com stories (as well as all stories archived on wayback machine) and trying to make a searchable full-text database to be made available soon, I type some words you said on my database and maybe could me some of these stories, I believe:

• Boy meets Canine
https://archive.org/download/stories_fi ... 08053.html

• Lives of the big and small
https://archive.org/download/stories_fi ... 96155.html

If you remember any word, any other thing that such story could mention, it would help.
whitetights
New to the forum

Postby Halowinner » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Aw no pokemon av got taken down rip seeing what happens with the eevee side
Halowinner
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Interactive story