Little bit of assistance would go a long way!

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Little bit of assistance would go a long way!

Postby Sefirea » Mon May 30, 2016 2:06 pm

So! I require help, to get right to the point.

Just found the site about half an hour ago, read few a few things, found that you could compose interactives stories here. Brilliant! Fantastic.
Made an account, got stuck right in and-
Ah.

Problems.

The meat of the situation is that I am very unsure how to really work this site's system. I made a test thread to try and work it out myself... and now I'm stuck apparently without the ability to delete the threads initially because they must be entirely detached. Ok, fine, fine. Do that. Try to delete said threads again, but this time I'm just given an error message instead. I have no idea why, but if I cannot remove a page then that could be problematic in that I now also want to entirely delete the story.
It was a test. Test mostly over. Test can go bye bye. Site will not let me seemingly.
So, any help on understanding how I do these things would be great, thanks!

As an added bonus, I've included the error message I received below for those savvy enough to understand using it.
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SqlException' in /home/aryion/public_html/iss/sql.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /home/aryion/public_html/iss/action.php(304): sql_query('DELETE FROM pag...') #1 {main} Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`aryion_istory`.`links`, CONSTRAINT `links_ibfk_3` FOREIGN KEY (`story_id`, `to_page`) REFERENCES `pages` (`story_id`, `page_num`) ON UPDATE CASCADE) :: (DELETE FROM pages WHERE story_id = 596 AND page_num = 4 LIMIT 1) thrown in /home/aryion/public_html/iss/sql.php on line 28
Sefirea
New to the forum

Re: Little bit of assistance would go a long way!

Postby Smuxray » Tue May 31, 2016 7:39 am

I'm a big interactive story writer and I've added a few chapters to existing stories on here, but I'm afraid I don't have the answer to this question. This site's interactive story system in general is very clunky compared to some others. Honestly, if you don't get a proper answer to this question you might just be better off going somewhere else. Quest 5 is a free interactive story maker that lets you do some pretty creative things in addition to just plain text. Personally I use writing.com; their interactive story system is much more user-friendly and easy to understand than eka's. Personal preference.
Smuxray
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sefirea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks very much for the response. ^_^
I'd hoped that it'd just be down to the thread being put up recently, though multiple attempts over following days have proved no more successful sadly so I worry you may not be able to remove pages. Slightly annoying, especially as it seems to be the same that once you description is set, that's it, it's set xD Something I'd have liked to be able to change as well.

I've used Writing.com in the past, though since they made it a paid requirement to be able to make use of the Interactive Story feature I pretty much fell away from the site. Especially as they felt it prudent to delete any interactive stories that were already on an account that isn't currently paying, or even just deleting the account. So, that delight left me with a slightly bitter view towards Writing.com, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll give Quest 5 a good look at, thanks!
Sefirea
New to the forum

Postby NovaBlair » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Fatal Error

exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to write converted HTML text to file 445917-91086-thumb.auto.txt' in /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php:872
Stack trace:
#0 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php(616): genScrollingThumbnail('/home/aryion/pu...', '/home/aryion/pu...')
#1 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php(412): setItemFile(Object(GalleryUser), 445917, Array)
#2 /home/aryion/public_html/g4/itemaction.php(256): addNewItem(Object(GalleryUser), 445885, 'freak coinciden...', 'part one of a s...', Array, 'ALL', 'BLACK', true)
#3 {main}
NovaBlair
Been posting for a bit

Return to Interactive story