Rescued / Revived Stories Writing.com

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Would you like Revived or rescued content from writing.com / Galaxy of Terror, on this site?

Yes - Both were great or had great content and they should be revived here on Eka's.
39%
Yes - Although I am unfamiliar with Galaxy of Terror.
55%
Yes - Although the setup for interactives here isn't as great as writing.com
2%
Maybe - For writing.com content
No votes
Maybe - For Galaxy of Terror content
No votes
Maybe - For content from both sites
No votes
No - They had their respective runs and should be laid to rest (?)
No votes
Yes, (Alternative) - They should be revived and reposted on another site.
4%

Total votes : 51

Rescued / Revived Stories Writing.com

Postby 123apples » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:32 pm

There have been some great interactives on Writing.com, which unfortunately due to either the distaste of a moderator or the age of the story, are removed. It would be great if these could be revived on Eka's, like Vore High (WIP). Some users have saved backups of great interactives from Writing.com, but don't necessarily have the permission of the author, which may be the issue, but hopefully this could be done. The author of Human Race: the perfect Prey is still around, and will hopefully try to repost his work here as an interactive. I don't know why Writing.com feels its necessary to remove vore and other erotica, but I will be quite pissed off if they were to remove Animal Love or Snakes Charm.

Another site which has recently (last 2 months) has gone down is Galaxy of Terror, which had wonderful stories anything from furry, vore, insect, oviposition, snake, tentacles, etc. To the best of my knowledge, these stories cannot be found anywhere else. Insects attack was one great series where a bunch of horny insects escape from a local facility and attack locals. Thankfully, hentaifoundry seems like its not going anywhere, and while it does have some great interactives (I think they do, I can't remember) or stories, they are not as many as those found in Galaxy of Terror. One story I highly recommend on hentaifoundry is Alien Genesis.

Poll question: Would you like to see revived or rescued content from writing.com and or Galaxy of Terror on Eka's portal?

One of the reasons I found Galaxy of Terror to be a great archive site, was due to its great hit:miss ratio; 'stories interested in' VS 'not interested'
I only found this that site last year or so.

Also, the Galaxy of Terror site:

http://monstersandangels.com/

Yes, monsters and angels, or monster sand angels.
Last edited by 123apples on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
123apples
Been posting for a bit

Re: Rescued / Revived Stories Writing.com

Postby bigbug96 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Who here remembers "Megan Weiss and Her Shrink Ray Device"? God, must be nine years now. That was the story that got me into giantess stuff. It had some pretty terrible quality in places, though, I remember in one part the main character turns into an alien and kills her... :roll:
bigbug96
New to the forum

Postby LucifersChef » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:49 pm

Most stories on Writing.com that disappear is not because of writing.com censorship, but their general policy of removing all and any content from inactive authors, even if the story is still active. They also have ridicilous policies on blocking unregistered users if the site is at all busy (pretty much 100% of the time), not letting unregistered viewers see the story tree and requiring premium membership for users to put interactives up. Why people keep putting them there bewilders me, and why no one uses Eka's system confuses me.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby tod3690 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:49 pm

LucifersChef wrote:Most stories on Writing.com that disappear is not because of writing.com censorship, but their general policy of removing all and any content from inactive authors, even if the story is still active. They also have ridicilous policies on blocking unregistered users if the site is at all busy (pretty much 100% of the time), not letting unregistered viewers see the story tree and requiring premium membership for users to put interactives up. Why people keep putting them there bewilders me, and why no one uses Eka's system confuses me.
Last edited by tod3690 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
tod3690
---

Postby Jayezox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 pm

can wrote:That and the site itself, if the portal was to open up a bit more to other fetishes, create other Categories or even join up with macrophile.com

That would be a pretty bad thing, actually. If Eka's had more fetishes involved then this site would get pretty busy. You would also have the problem of swimming through non-vore stories even if you search for vore (It's already bad on writing.com).

I find it strange that so few websites do interactive stories. Even fewer do them right. Writing.com is the only one that I know of with a search feature (which even Eka's sadly doesn't have).
Jayezox
---

Postby rarrawer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi, I archive stuff (and write code to do it) as a hobby and might be able to lend a hand.
For example, I've been saving thousands of items from writing.com and grabbing new versions of the ones that update every few months.

Can you provide links to to various sites with content you'd like saved?
For example, what was the address of "Galaxy of Terror"?
I can't save something I don't know about, after all.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby X » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Would this include Vore High and/or Down the Hatch? If so, I vote yes.
I get it write.
X
Participator

Postby 123apples » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:28 pm

rarrawer wrote:Hi, I archive stuff (and write code to do it) as a hobby and might be able to lend a hand.
For example, I've been saving thousands of items from writing.com and grabbing new versions of the ones that update every few months.

Can you provide links to to various sites with content you'd like saved?
For example, what was the address of "Galaxy of Terror"?
I can't save something I don't know about, after all.

http://monstersandangels.com/gottalk/vi ... ?f=8&t=236

http://monstersandangels.com/ma2/blog/2 ... s-unbirth/

http://monstersandangels.com/gottalk/vi ... f=8&t=3954

http://monstersandangels.com/gottalk/vi ... p?f=8&t=82

http://monstersandangels.com/gottalk/vi ... ?f=8&t=368
123apples
Been posting for a bit

Postby rarrawer » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:26 am

It looks like the site went down last year and I don't have any way i can think of to access it (Cached copies, the internet archive the old dns record, etc).
Sorry.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby 123apples » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Alright, some content (a handful of stories at least out of a few hundred) were saved by some users and authors on Hentaifoundry (google search).

I haven't yet reviewed saved or recovered stories there, but at least there are some.

I might share a few links in this topic, if anyone is interested.
123apples
Been posting for a bit

Postby 123apples » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:23 am

Also if you guys wanted to check out my first chapters ever; http://www.writing.com/main/interact/it ... ap/1532112.
123apples
Been posting for a bit

Postby 123apples » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:41 pm

So far haven't found the content that was reposted on hentaifoundry. Still looking though.

I will in future contribute to the interactives here.
What changes would you like to see to the interactive stories section?
123apples
Been posting for a bit

Return to Interactive story