My life in a Voraphile's Future (Teenage Voraphile Redone)

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

How much of Troy should be completed before Megan is started?

Complete all of Troys stories
38%
Complete up to the High School Arc
24%
Complete up to the Middle School Arc
7%
Complete up to the Elementary School Arc
21%
Drop work on Troy currently and move on
11%

Total votes : 121

My life in a Voraphile's Future (Teenage Voraphile Redone)

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:25 am

....................................A reimagining of "My life as a teenage voraphile"....................................

CURRENT CHARACTER: Troy Geralt (Rewrite of Troy)

CURRENT POLL:Next Action
Explanations of options
Spoiler: show
Complete Troy
As simple as it seems. Complete ALL pages of all four arcs of Troy's story. This will by far the option to take the longest to get to Megan, but it leaves no holes for Troy, and also means we never have to come back to him either.

Complete up to __________ Arc
Also quite simple, complete up to the arc stated, and then move on to Megan. This again depends on preference, but your choice.

Drop Troy (For Now)
Stop working on Troy immediately, and start working on Megan ASAP

PREVIOUS POLLS
Spoiler: show
??? - 19/09/2016 Character Type #1
  • 1ST Female predator - 72% (21 Votes)
  • 2ND Female non-predator / Male character - 14% Each (4 Votes Each)
  • 4TH Stock character - 0% (0 Votes)

19/09/2016 - 18/10/2016 Character #1
  • 1ST Megan - 34% (10 Votes)
  • 2ND Lindsey - 28% (8 Votes)
  • 3RD Dora - 14% (4 Votes)
  • 4TH Amy - 10% (3 Votes)
  • 5TH Kelsey - 10% (2 Votes)
  • 6TH Nicole / New Character (1 Vote Each)

Come check out the dedicated discord server to this project (As well as other Vore Engineer Projects that don't exist yet...)

Hello there, I am the vore engineer, and I personally am a big fan of the interactive stories not only here, but on other sites such as writing.com. However, one story I always would come back to is the large multi faceted epic known as My life as a Teenage Voraphile. While I very much enjoy this story still, I feel due to the fact multiple people wrote it, as well as it's age, it's lost some of that charm for me, so I did what any "sane" person would do, and vow to re-write as much of the entire thing as I possibly could, a totally "sane" move. However, I wish to make some improvement to the original story, as well as my own and the communities additions to the story as well, with some of the key changes being...

• Bringing a full story arc to each character.
In the original, some characters had very stinted paths to go along, with one character only having a single page detailing that he was eaten. This rewrite aims to make sure that every character gets the story they deserve, even if that end is in a toilet. The goal is for around 50 pages per character, as well as making sure each character has at least one 'survival' ending as well as adding in as many vore situations as possible.

• Obscuring the choices a little more.
The original story had pretty much every selection be pretty obvious, more often than not stating the outcome of the choice, while this re-write adds to aim a little bit of mystery to the story, making some choice much more ambiguous to which one you should be choosing. Some will be obvious no matter what, but the goal is to make the majority of the adventure feel like that, an adventure, not just a select a path scenario.

• More descriptive scenes
While we all like stories, lets face it, we're here for the vore. So why not take the current vore parts already available to us, but how about we take those scenes, and we improve them! That is the general goal anyway, to overall improve the quality of writing throughout the piece. While not all pages will be masterpieces, they should be able to stand on their own as good writing.

• Little bits of worldbuilding
While the original story did establish some of it's own world within it, this re imagined version hopes to build a world that is both relateable as well as interesting to roam around in before you succeed or get eaten.

Hopefully, you'll be as interested as me in this, and be willing to help shape the future of this project.

If you want to check it out, click HERE!

If you want to leave a suggestion on what character from the original should be done next, or something that could use changing, please either message me or post on this thread, any feedback regarding this project would be ever so helpful!

Thank you so much for your time,
~ The Vore Engineer
Last edited by TheVoreEngineer on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Re: My life as a Teenage Voraphile REIMAGINED!

Postby anthony050 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:15 pm

This sounds awesome I'm really looking forward to see what will happen :D
anthony050
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:49 pm

You are... "sane"... for trying this. Interactives are so damn difficult to maintain, let alone grow, for a "sane" amount of reasons.

That being said, I want to help you. If you're really going to make the monumental effort of redeveloping a high quality version of one of my all-time favorite interactives, I will help you.

I honestly do not believe you can keep to your word. The scope of what you're proposing is enormous. I think you will peter out early into your attempt once you feel how overwhelming the process is.

But... your refreshing enthusiasm to building a better (vore) world is contagious. I want to believe. Fuck, do I want to believe again. Damnit, this is why I voted Obama.

Do you want us to re-use the old storylines as basis for the reconstruction, or are we free to go original at any point?
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:08 pm

anthony050 wrote:This sounds awesome I'm really looking forward to see what will happen :D

Thanks, I do too.

Assimilation wrote:You are... "sane"... for trying this. Interactives are so damn difficult to maintain, let alone grow, for a "sane" amount of reasons.

That being said, I want to help you. If you're really going to make the monumental effort of redeveloping a high quality version of one of my all-time favorite interactives, I will help you.

I honestly do not believe you can keep to your word. The scope of what you're proposing is enormous. I think you will peter out early into your attempt once you feel how overwhelming the process is.

But... your refreshing enthusiasm to building a better (vore) world is contagious. I want to believe. Fuck, do I want to believe again. Damnit, this is why I voted Obama.

Do you want us to re-use the old storylines as basis for the reconstruction, or are we free to go original at any point?

Thanks for the input. It may take time, but the goal here is to reconstruct the parts of the story people want, and create new and interesting ideas for new scenarios. The reimagining will be a blend of both hopefully. Any suggestions are fully welcome as long as they are constructive in some way. Just saying "Make a god character" isn't exactly helpful, but if you're willing to give ideas and story lines, I'm all ears, the goal is to create something everyone wants to read.

Also, doesn't matter that you voted for Obama Just don't vote for Drumpf.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Ooh, new stuff is coming?
Then I'd just like to say I always liked hows in the original Teenage Voraphile most of the preds were younger than the viewpoint character, sometimes by a large margin.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:31 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:Ooh, new stuff is coming?
Then I'd just like to say I always liked hows in the original Teenage Voraphile most of the preds were younger than the viewpoint character, sometimes by a large margin.

Trust me, I must agree with that point. I currently am working on the Troy story line (Totally biased here, I loved that particular thread.) and you do have a 22 year old eaten by an 8 year old. So yeah, that's always fun. Hopefully I'll get around to eventually putting in new characters, but it will take time, since the idea is to complete a character and move onto the next.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby eatashley » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:07 pm

Read a good bit today, looks great! Only thing I'd like to add is a female prey. Keep up the great work!
eatashley
New to the forum

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:29 am

eatashley wrote:Read a good bit today, looks great! Only thing I'd like to add is a female prey. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I have the entirety of the original to use as well, and there are 6 female predators within the story, but hopefully as the re-imagining expands and takes it's own life, not just a pure remake, this number hopefully should rise! I am actually going to add a vote, to see what people would like as the next character written.

Thanks for the support though, great to hear you've enjoyed what I've produced so far!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:55 am

Am I remembering it wrong, or did the original have a sequence where you could be eaten by a baby?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:00 am

empatheticapathy wrote:Am I remembering it wrong, or did the original have a sequence where you could be eaten by a baby?

There is a character called Brian where there is indeed a path where you are eaten by an infant. While I am currently not sure when he will be done up, this is one story I personally want to touch up also. But, I can't do all the older Male characters first, gotta get some diversity going!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:03 am

TheVoreEngineer wrote:
empatheticapathy wrote:Am I remembering it wrong, or did the original have a sequence where you could be eaten by a baby?

There is a character called Brian where there is indeed a path where you are eaten by an infant. While I am currently not sure when he will be done up, this is one story I personally want to touch up also. But, I can't do all the older Male characters first, gotta get some diversity going!

Take your time. I just really liked that ending. As I recall, another character tricked Brian into being willing prey for the baby; I think that's a good set-up.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:22 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
TheVoreEngineer wrote:

Take your time. I just really liked that ending. As I recall, another character tricked Brian into being willing prey for the baby; I think that's a good set-up.

Indeed, I'll try to do that when I get around to rewriting Brian. Also, sorry for the shoehorn but...

WE GOT OUR FIRST ENDING PAGE!

First ending page, willingly giving yourself to Lauren is now up, and hopefully more are on the way soon! Progress is coming.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:47 am

UPDATE #1

Story Types
Hello everyone! A quick update regarding a few things, mainly on story structure for the time being. With the story structures for the different characters, I have more or less narrowed down how story arcs could work to four major categories...

Diverging Paths
These paths will most likely be the most common to occur, and is what the current Elementary school arc is shaping up to become, while you make choices eventually all story progression moves back onto the same track, with all successful paths ending up at the same end result as any others. This will most likely be used for prey, as it opens up doors to creating multiple instances without having to worry about getting too off track with the overall narrative. While this could be eventually used for predators as well, the story telling device is much more suited towards how prey would work in these situations.

Splitting Paths
These paths will be probably the second least common out of them all, as it more or less the same as having the same setup as Diverging paths, however the major change would be there is no linking the story back up at all, leaving a permanent split within that characters story. While this can of course be used, it becomes chaotic when it is every story, however the eventual middle school arc will go along these lines, splitting the story early on, each having their own results, meaning that it should be interesting to see unfold.

Branching Paths
This one is a bit more bare bones basic, with there being a single narrative drive, with things that can be done on the side by option, not by need. This style of arc will most likely be held for predators, since predators are much less likely to end up eaten than prey, funny how it works that way, isn't it :| . But I digress, the point of this format is to have a single narrative string that's followed, with the chance to stay off that string if you want to, which will be how the High school arc will be playing out once that story has been reached.

Dead End Paths
Pretty easy to guess here, a story that doesn't have a true end, and results in the reader being killed, eaten or whatever the lose conditions are for that character. These kinds will only be held for the keenest of prey, since no positive outcomes at the end makes it a little anti-climatic, except for those in situations where they really want to get eaten. Spoiler, the College arc will be this when it comes time to do that, so if you want to choose the college arc, I hope you're ready to get eaten.

Characters
Now, most characters will only have one or two arcs with these kind of layouts, but most people would ask, why does Troy have 4? Well, I have two answers for that. 1) Troy exists somewhat as a test case for this whole re imagining, allowing to have a backbone for future stories, and while I am going to strive to have a character done before I move onto the next, Troy may be the one exception to this rules, seeing how things go. 2) I'm biased as hell, I enjoyed reading the Troy story in the original the most, so I am more prepared to do more for said character.

Anyway, for now that'll have to do, I'll be putting up more pages over the coming days hopefully, as well as please feel free to ask about anything or suggest something to add! I would love to hear some Lore related questions as I begin to sort out the lore more and more of this world, as well as please make sure you partake in the current survey up top, I will be changing it soon to get a better grasp on who to do next, so make sure your voice is heard,
~The Vore Engineer
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:30 pm

UPDATE #2

Edit Types!
Hello everyone! Thought I'd post another update quickly since the Poll has now concluded, and another has begun! With a resounding 72% of the vote, the next character will be a predator, with the new options for the poll being all the major predator characters from the original as well as an option for a whole new character as well, if that's what people would prefer! But for the core of today's update, I will be discussing the level of editing these stories undergo!

Rewrites
These are by far going to be the least common out of all three of these selections. If a story is being rewritten, this means that the pages and layout of the story are basically going to be the literal exact same as the old rendition, however it will be fully rewritten to be cohesive with my writing style, so it doesn't feel out of place among the rest of the content available through this work. The reason this will most likely be the least used method is that after constantly revisiting every single character, a very large amount of them need much more substantial work, either having near naught pages, or having a purely linear story, both of which I wish to eliminate with this re-imagining.

Reduxes
A redux in this situation would be the keeping of the thematic cohesion of the original character, as well as a portion of the story, while adding a substantial amount to the story, usually in alternate paths and other changes to the characters story. These will be somewhat common for stories that are already there, such as the current redux of troy and the possible redux of Amy's story. These more focus on adding on to what made the character so great in the first place, rather than just fully making something new with the same character.

Reimaginings
Just as it sounds, it's the most that can be done on a story, which is basically keeping the same character as well as small parts of their personality through the story, and everything else is being redone, every single little thing. The story is fully refitted for what the project aims to do for this story and for the world the story creates. Many characters will probably end up getting this treatment to make them more interesting to be a part of.

Anyway, for now that'll have to do, I'll be putting up more pages over the coming days hopefully, as well as please feel free to ask about anything or suggest something to add! I would love to hear some Lore related questions as I begin to sort out the lore more and more of this world, as well as please make sure you partake in the current survey up top, I will be changing it soon to get a better grasp on who to do next, so make sure your voice is heard,
~The Vore Engineer

Please make sure to vote in the new poll!
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Spunkomatic66 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Oh, Megan is winning!
Spunkomatic66
Participator

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:50 pm

Spunkomatic66 wrote:Oh, Megan is winning!

Well, it's close at the moment, but anything can happen. I personally voted for Lindsey (I'm part of this community too gosh darn it) but I'm happy enough to do whoever wins, I want this project to have ties with the people that enjoy reading it, rather than it being whatever I want it to be, specially since it's a reimagining of a previous work, no point just doing whatever.

So, if you want Megan to win, yay! If not, grab some of your friends who are willing to share their voice about who they want done next :) Again, it is anyone's game.
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby eatashley » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:52 pm

I loved the Too Fast, Too Eaten choice! It played out great and was something I wan't quite expecting
eatashley
New to the forum

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:12 pm

eatashley wrote:I loved the Too Fast, Too Eaten choice! It played out great and was something I wan't quite expecting

Thanks! My goal with all the endings for each character is to make them somewhat unique. Being "You got eaten, You got eaten, You got eaten" over and over again is a little boring, so the ways you get eaten and the ways you can go about eating others (eventually...) I try to make sure are varied and unique. It's something to keep you coming back for different ways for the story to end. :)
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Redatheart » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 am

Will there be any Female prey in this, or is it entirely male prey?
Redatheart
Participator

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:42 am

Redatheart wrote:Will there be any Female prey in this, or is it entirely male prey?

Both gender's will be prey in this! Will I must admit it seems right now that only males can be prey, both genders can be prey, even some of the predator options currently available are open to being prey in some endings. It may a take a while to get there, but once we get there, it should be sweet. Also, regarding male predators, I may make a singular one, only for the sake of diversity, but that particular idea is both very far away, as well as on the hush. *Shhhh*

Thanks for the interest!
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Next

Return to Interactive story