The world of Rotam. A longform interactive story

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Where to next?

Back to the gnolls
67%
Continue onwards to the dwarves
33%

Total votes : 9

The world of Rotam. A longform interactive story

Postby Eldachoon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Current active character
Spoiler: show
Name:Remania crystalsinger
Current emotional state: Calm: Bonus to well thought-out action. Penalty to sudden, reflexive reaction
Attributes
  • Strength:Somewhat weak
  • Dexterity: Naturally graceful
  • Constitution: Somewhat fragile
  • Intelligence: Quite quick-witted
  • Wisdom: Reasonably astute
  • Charisma: Occasionally assertive and Charming
Skills
  • Crystal singing: A rare elven skill allowing an artisan to shape a magical crystal seed into whatever shape they desire with their carefully cultivated singing voice. These crystal tools and weapons only temporarily keep their form before reverting to a seed form. Many great elven artifacts were made by crystal singers. The temporary nature of their shape means a master of the craft is required to make any real use of them.

Remania is currently a journeyman singer and can consistently sing the shapes of tools and simple weapons. She still requires a room with carefully built acoustics for anything more advanced than that.
  • Survival: The skill of navigating the wilderness and foraging for food. Remania currently has basic training surviving in the woods and no other biomes
  • Bow proficiency: The skill of using and maintaining bows. Remania is currently proficient only with hunting bows. Lacking the draw strength for anything more powerful
Equipment
  • Low-grade crystal seed: A seed that can be shaped into a variety of forms by a crystal singer. Impurities in the original crystal and flaws in its craftsmanship cause it to be able to hold a form for an hour at most before reverting. The first seed Remania carved with her own hands
Traits
  • Elven senses: Remania's senses are stronger than average. Her eyes can see in all but absolute darkness and her ears can hear about twice as far as the human average
  • Unaging: Elves are creatures of old magic. They are immune to biological aging but can still die to injury or disease
  • Creature of emotion: Elves are highly emotional creatures. Effects based off of emotion. Both positive and negative, affect elves twice as heavily as normal. Similarly, an elf's emotional state has a direct effect on their abilities
Vore traits: none right now

__
Preserved for continuity

Greetings. Welcome to my world of stories. I offer you a trip through a word sprang from the minds of myself and some close friends. A world about cycles. Cycles of empires. Cycles of history... Digestive cycles too of course.

Now first things first. We'll need a vessel to provide a perspective of this world. A singular individual in which the buzzing of your suggestions can coalesce into meaningful interaction.

Let us make our first such choice. The species group of our protagonist. To list individual species would unacceptably dilute the vote due to the sheer amount of choices

I have organised this first choice based on social standing and class. A fair point of reference in my opinion.
  • Humanoids: the vanilla choice. The fair skinned and hairless humans. Along with Demi-human species like dwarves and elves. Current dominant force in the world. One can expect to find the world at large mostly neutral to this vessel. With some exceptions based on individual choice.
  • Draconics: The fallen. Kobolds, Draconians. Even dragons. Mostly enslaved or in hiding away from the world stage. A vessel drawn from them will have a harsh life. Be it as a kobold labourer in the mines. A draconian scouring the wilds to survive away from human-dominated civilization or even a dragon biding its time till the Dragonslayer orders have grown old and frail so they can reclaim their birthright.
  • Beastfolk: Gnolls and lizardmen. Along with the lesser beast tribes that have yet to embed their memory into the world enough to have its own name yet. A vessel from here will struggle to prove itself in a world that sees them as largely irrelevant to its affairs.
  • Brutefolk: The giants from the north and the greenskins from the south. Covetous of the prosperity and power of the humanoids. A vessel from them will lead a glorious life of battle. Though unlikely to be one that is that long-lasting
  • The outsiders: A loose collection of those that don't fit in elsewhere. Intelligent slimes. Feral creatures with awakened minds. Available vessels eill have highly unique and niche-filling experiences
Last edited by Eldachoon on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 43 times in total.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Re: The world of Rotam. A longform interactive story

Postby Eldachoon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:15 am

I see the majority vote fell on the humanoids. My thanks for this immediate interest all of you. I promise to endeavour in always replying as soon as I feel like a good amount of people have had their say.

You have chosen humanoids. The races that have inherited the world after the humans rose from beneath the earth to strike down their overlords. Other demi-humans were complicit either through active assistance or inaction until it was too late to change the course of fate.

Drawn from this group our choices are the following.
  • Human: A bipedal furless creature notable for its curiosity, adaptability, and capability to fall into a stunning variety of sometimes internally conflicting beliefs.

Humans carry a cultural baggage with them that makes them likely enemies to dragonkind. It was their god of light that banished the six draconic deities from the material world during the dragonfall.

A human vessel will find few places in the civilized world unwilling to take them in. At the same time their reliance on tall walled cities and advanced tools will see them mocked as flukes of nature by the more naturally stronger beast and brutefolk. A disdain reciprocated in the fear such creatures may one day rise to challange humanity as itself once struck down dragonkind.
  • Dwarves: Insular and indomitable. The stomewrought mountainmen are humanity's oldest and closest allies. Rigid and traditionalist. Their society is based heavily on ancestry and birthright. A dwarf is expected to always follow into the footsteps of his parents

The industrial and technological leaders of the world. Their factories are both famed and feared. Famed for matching entire nations in output. Feared for the cost of slaves paid to their infernal bowels every year

The dwarves are known for better or for worse primarily for their wealth. Humans tolerate them and their ancestor worship despite being otherwise monotheistic and intolerant of other deities. Most likely this is because of the profound importance of dwarven manufactured goods to the human kingdoms.

A dwarven vessel is likely to be well equipped to deal with the world but at the same time quite ignorant of anything that happens aboveground. Generally welcome in all but the most zealous of human settlements but rightfully distrusted by brutefolk and beastfolk. Some draconics also still hold a grudge to them for their part in providing the rising humans dwarven weapons and armour.
  • Elves: Emotional and Emphatic. The everlasting woodfolk were the greatest amongst the humanoids in the times dragons ruled. They fell alongside the dragons not by answering their call for aid but by standing idly by while the dragons were laid low. They were soon seen by both human and dragon as traitorous. The former for not helping them when thry could. The dragons for forsaking them in their time of direst need.

The elves still survive. Hidden in magical villages deep in the forest. But they are waning. Their deeply emotional nature translated into a wave of infertility brought on by the despair they have gone through.

They are mostly regarded as an uncommon curiosity amongst humans. The old grudges that led to the short-lived ones turning on the children of the forest already forgotten. However, there are those that covet their ancient knowledge and treasures amongst all species. The beastfolk are quite friendly to elvenkind. Remembering the days when they would guard their nascent tribes from threats beyond the ancestral forests

The elves are internally divided as well. The forest dwellers have generally moved on from their grudges and are focused on healing and rebuilding deep in their groves. The other faction have allowed vengeful wrath to consume them. Fled deep underground. These dark elves have so suffused themselves in hatred that their skin has stained Obsidian black and their hair has drained of colour to a ghastly white. They hate all of the surface world with a mad zeal. Blaming all for the horrors their kind has endured.

The brutefolk mostly ignore the elves. Their secluded enclaves irrelevant to their territorial ambitions.
  • Half-humanoids: Despite grudges and prejudices. Sometimes children are born of a humanoid parent pairing with a creature less than tolerated in civilization. Humans that grow perhaps too fond of their kobold servantry. Elves that attempt to revitalise their kind by crossbreeding with beastfolk. Border people that fall prey to rapacious brutefolk. Whethet in reality or to not have to admit a consensual relationship.

These halfbreeds are varied of circumstance. Some have bodies that can easily pass for human and blend in. Their ancestry only bleeding through in the form of unusual talents or abilities. Other times they are creatures that fit into neither of their parents people. Those that live amongst humans or dwarves often find themselves harried as abominations and insults to their ancestry. And even elves have subtle ways of showing their disdain for those that represent the dilution of their kind.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seelane » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Elf and Hybrid seems the most interesting to me. The elf have a backstory that differs from the typical elves as instead of being the supreme or second supreme humanoid race, they are now outcast in the eye's of others and could develops into a great story. The Hybrid on the other hand have the biggest social disadvantage of all which could lead to an interesting story of hard-ship with a more satisfying ending(Same with Elves).
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Naturally the most boring category won the last poll >.>
Fingers crossed for hybrid.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Eldachoon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:02 am

Glad to see the initial response wasn't just a flash In the pan. In the interest of full disclosure I will admit I have used my own vote as a tiebreaker. From here on out I will withold it until the end of a polling cycle for this purpose. I was the sole vote for the dwarves if anyone was wondering.

Our gazes fall upon the myriad candidates from elvenkind now. Each of them rose from the weave of fate for their particularly dramatic and interesting circumstances.

• The survivor: An elf wandering the forest after enduring great loss. Their village was sacked and razed by covetous dwarven treasure hunters. They can no longer hear the voices of their family and friends in the winds of the forest. As far as they knows. They are alone. Alone as a simple artisan inexperienced with the blade. Alone with nothing but sorrow and the temptation of giving in to hatred
  • The ambassador: An elf facing the impossible task of negotiating a peace between dwarves and Oni. The latter has invaded from the east once more. The former has hunkered down such that the elven forest is caught in the crossfire. Both command war machines of irresistible force and a constant hunger for resources. To them, the forest is nothing but firewood and materials for palisades and arrows. But to the ambassador it is home.
  • The assassin: The politics of the dark elves are a cutthroat business. Quite inevitably if one builds a society around hatred and revenge ,infighting is a common occurrence. For this purpose each of the great subterranean matriarchs have an assassin on retainer. Versed in poisoncraft, infiltration and shadow magic. These furies of death unquestioningly eliminate those their mistress marks for death

Of course. Even they can have a crisis of loyalty. Seeing your mentor and parent become your next target for example.
  • The raidleader:Raids upon the surface world are a cornerstone of dark elf society. Every wealthy house benefits from it in some way. But most wealthy of all are those that do the actual raiding.

The raidleader's matriarch has aspirations to leading her house to such heights of prestige. But she is an impulsive and impatient woman. The raidleader was promoted by seeing their predecessor disappear in the web of the matriarch's pet horrorspider. They were told quite clearly they will follow if they fail the task given to them.
Last edited by Eldachoon on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:19 am

Just stumbled on this, oddly enough right as you were changing the poll. And per chance, I picked the choice (assassin) that I wanted blindly.

However, I would suggest that you allow gender choice independent of class choice. Typically with vore content, gender is a major factor in people's interest.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eldachoon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:32 am

This is rather sound advice. My thanks for your feedback. I will edit the choices to be gender neutral and rewrite where necessary. Also, the poll reset ate your vote it would appear.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:44 pm

The survivor has been chosen. I now ask two choices in concord. A matter of a name and a gender. Neither are thankfully that impactful for the survivor

For gender. There's the usual binary. But magical beings like elves sometimes mutate to include things in-between. A herm as it were

In matters of names I suggest those who care to offer suggestions. The elven naming convention is a first name consisting of a cryptic allusion to something that will define their life. With a last name recalling the firstborn elf they are descended from.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:52 am

I've taken the liberty of naming our girl myself since no one else offered a suggestion. Other than that we shall now begin the adventure proper. My thanks to anyone following for your interest. I need no more satisfaction than the knowledge I livened up someone's day doing this

Current emotional state: Scared. Easier to run away, harder to stand and fight
Attributes
  • Charisma: Meek but charming
Skills
  • Crystal singing: A rare elven skill allowing an artisan to shape a magical crystal seed into whatever shape they desire with their carefully cultivated singing voice. These crystal tools and weapons only temporarily keep their form before reverting to a seed form. Many great elven artifacts were made by crystal singers. The temporary nature of their shape means a master of the craft is required to make any real use of them.

Remania is currently a journeyman singer and can consistently sing the shapes of tools and simple weapons. She still requires a room with carefully built acoustics for anything more advanced than that.
  • Survival: The skill of navigating the wilderness and foraging for food. Remania currently has basic training surviving in the woods and no other biomes
  • Bow proficiency: The skill of using and maintaining bows. Remania is currently proficient only with hunting bows. Lacking the draw strength for anything more powerful
Equipment
  • Traveling clothes: Rugged, well-crafted clothes that protect the wearer from rough enviroments and bad weather. Does little to protect one from bodily harm in a fight however.
  • Hunting bow (10/10 arrows quivered) A hunting bow with a quiver of appropriately sized arrows. Easy to use and sufficient to kill small animals. Unlikely to be much help against larger creatures and armoured targets however.
  • Low-grade crystal seed: A seed that can be shaped into a variety of forms by a crystal singer. Impurities in the original crystal and flaws in its craftsmanship cause it to be able to hold a form for an hour at most before reverting. The first seed Remania carved with her own hands
Traits
  • Elven senses: Remania's senses are stronger than average. Her eyes can see in all but absolute darkness and her ears can hear about twice as far as the human average
  • Unaging: Elves are creatures of old magic. They are immune to biological aging but can still die to injury or disease
  • Creature of emotion: Elves are highly emotional creatures. Effects based off of emotion. Both positive and negative, affect elves twice as heavily as normal. Similarly, an elf's emotional state has a direct effect on their abilities
Vore traits
Remania hasn't currently awakened any pred or prey instincts within herself. This section is reserved for when she does

Running... Keep running and don't look back. Keep running even if you can no longer hear the rifles firing... That's what Remania's master told her. The raiders came in the middle of the night. Bringing overwhelming force to the small community of forest elves. It wasn't clear what they had wanted. And it mattered not, for they had chosen to take what they wished by killing everyone they found in their way.

Remania slowed down. Her master had sung a beautiful armour and sword for himself and told her to run through the village wall's backdoor. No one else had made it there as far as she knew. She stopped, completely winded and out of breath. Her body demanded she give it a few moments to recover.

Looking back she would see an orange glow in the few gaps in the forest canopy. Her village was burning... Unlikely it was safe to go back yet. She closed her eyes and listened. She could hear no sign of anyone following her. No rustling of leaves. No footsteps. Perhaps the moment had come to plan her next move.

She could keep running. As far away as possible. But it was late at night and her body had been interrupted in the deepest part of its sleep. She would be exhausted in the morning if she forced herself to keep going.

She could make a shelter. Her memory told her there was a tree nearby with an abandoned warren underneath. It wouldn't take too much work to make a hidden shelter out of it.

Some part of her also considered the possibility of turning back to see if anyone else had made it out. It seemed a particularly poor idea. The attackers were merciless and wielded deadly firearms that had mowed down what guards could get their armour on in mere moments.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:40 am

Current emotional state: Angry. Easier to fight, harder to run away.
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
  • Traveling clothes: Rugged, well-crafted clothes that protect the wearer from rough enviroments and bad weather. Does little to protect one from bodily harm in a fight however.
  • Hunting bow (10/10 arrows quivered) A hunting bow with a quiver of appropriately sized arrows. Easy to use and sufficient to kill small animals. Unlikely to be much help against larger creatures and armoured targets however.
Traits
Vore traits
Remania hasn't currently awakened any pred or prey instincts within herself. This section is reserved for when she does

She couldn't do it in good conscience. She couldn't turn her back on the place she was born and the people that raised her. Remania took a deep breath and ran back the way she came.

Her village was in flames. There was no other way to describe it. There was screaming. The sound of gunfire. And the hellish sound of buildings buckling under the flames. Climbing up into a Tree, Remania surveyed the situation. The glow of the flames meant she would be quite well hidden as long as she stuck to the shadows. She got a good look at the invaders. Dwarves. Heavily armoured men bearing a flaming axe sigil on their armour and shields.

They hadn't killed the townsfolk indiscriminately. Younglings, elderly and others that weren't in a position to fight back had been herded into iron cages in a staging area at the edge of town. In the center she saw something that kindled the fires of wrath in her. The dwarves were piling up Unrefined songcrystal. Scrolls of arcane knowledge and other valuables. The core of their offensive watched over the treasure pile. A large clockwork contraption that drove around on threaded wheels. A steam tank!

Remania considered her options. The majority of the invaders were busy plundering the village. Perhaps she could free some of her kin from whatever fate the greedy midgets had in store for them. A reckless side of her told her to go for the treasure pile and liberate at least some of the ill-gotten gains of the dwarves.

Then again. Perhaps it was foolish to return here after all. If she failed at sneaking in. She would most likely join her people in the cages.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Current emotional state: Hopeless; Hard to do much at all
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

Remania judged her chances for a good long while. She eventually had to admit an uncomfortable conclusion. Acting now would in all likelihood only get her killed and invalidate the sacrifice her mentor made delaying the invaders. With a heavy heart, she turned back to the woods. This time in earnest.

She returned to the camp site she had seen earlier under the roots of an ancient tree. It was too late to walk all the way out of the forest. Hiding and sleeping was the best next thing. She covered the entrance with a young piece of shrubbery and laid down on a serendipitous patch of moss.

Lying alone under an ancient tree. She had the chance to really consider her next move in the long term. She could think of several nearby communities she could turn to. Hopefully her choice would provide her with shelter and a chance to find out who the mysterious dwarves are.

The most straightforward option was a gnoll village the crystalsinger clan had shared its forest with since before the dragonfall. They were simple beings. But sympathetic to elvenkind and strong warriors.

To the east, some distance off the shore of the great lake she remembered the lizardfolk town of choones lay. Traditional and proud. The lizardfolk were one of the more advanced amongst the beastfolk. In particular having achieved the remarkable architectural feat of entire villages floating freely on water to suit their amphibious needs.

About equadistant to north and south were the human cities of Ivory Tor and Anvil. Ivory tor was the capital of Drakefehl. The proud principality of dragonslayers and crown jewel of human culture. Anvil was more cosmopolitan. Borne from an alliance between dwarves, humans and local beastfolk tribes to form a common front against the northeastern hordes from the steppes.

She could also investigate this matter at the source. In the mountainhold of Sentinel. It was the largest dwarven hold in the area. As good a place as any to figure out where these raiders had come from.

Somewhere in her thoughts. Remania had fallen asleep. The night was restless and fitful. Friends and family haunted her dreams. Sometimes accusatorily. Sometimes simply full of sorrow. Hard to tell whether it was just her own mind or their sprits genuinely admonishing her from the far shore for her decision to run and hide.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Current emotional state: Hopeful: Small boost to all actions
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

In the morning. Remania felt a singular purpose. She would petition the gnolls for help. Surely they would remember what the elves had done for them over the years.

She walked silently on the forest paths. Her respect for the wilds allowed her to move trough it without disturbance. It took her only half a day to make it to the gates of the gnoll settlement.

Their nature as predators meant they had always had different priorities to elves. Their village was surrounded by palisades wrought from the trees they had clear-cut to make room for the village. The outskirts held pens with domesticated livestock. Presumably traded for from beyond the forest. The herdsmen noted Remania and sent one of theirs into the village. Soon after a female emerged. The gnoll female gestured friendily at Remania.

The elf felt like she was being welcomed. Something felt ever so slightly off however. As a child she had always been reminded that despite friendship. The gnolls were still carnivorous and chaotic beings. That warning resounded in her mind and brought her to a different thought. The gnolls had always been a buffer betweeen the elves and the outside world. So why hadn't they reacted to the dwarven invaders?

It left a hint of distrust in Remania's mind. Enough to entertain the thought of observing from a distance for a while.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Apologies for the delay. It's been a hectic week with the start of a new school year.

Decided to use a coin as a tiebreaker on the vote.
Current emotional state: Distrustful: Bonus to seeing trough lies. Penalty to diplomacy.
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

Remania walked up to the female. "Hello sharp-ears. Marseet wonders what's up. Is it the smoke on the air?" The elf sighed. "Our village was attacked by dwarves. I slipped away trough a backdoor in the walls."

The gnoll's ears fell low. Remania considered the beastwoman for a moment. There appeared a certain guilt in her stance. "I would like to meet with your chieftess later today. Anyplace I could go for some proper food? I haven't had a meal since yesterday afternoon."

"Marseet will tell chieftess you'd like to freshen up first. I recommend Anthea's longhouse. She provides beds, baths and more to travelers for a good price." Remania felt her pocket. She hadn't a red cent to her name. "Oh... Matseet is sure you can get a room for free. Sharp-ears are friends to the village after all.

The gnoll waved goodbye and turned back towards the village center. Remania considered her options. She could go to Anthea's longhouse. The prospect of a warm meal and a hot bed sounded quite appealing to her right now. However. There was still the niggling sense of doubt. Perhaps the livestock herders and other working gnolls could tell her more.

Perhaps she should just leave now that she still had the chance to do so freely. The hint of guilt from Marseet may have been evidence of complicity. That was just a gut feeling though.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Current emotional state: Calm: Bonus to logical thinking. Penalty to combat readiness.
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

She could think all day about things that could be. But what Remania most certainly currently was was hungry. She went the direction Marseet had indicated and soon came upon the Place. A longhouse outside the town halls decorated with a sign depicting a male gnoll in a rather... Saucy outfit. Remania blushed and made her way inside.

The inside of the longhouse was surprisingly homey. A great fire in the middle over which various meats were roasted. Two rows of table on which gnolls were carousing, eating and drinking. And a dedicated staff of waiters seeing to the every need of the clients.

One of them noticed Remania and approached her. "Marseet sent a runner in advance to tell us to prepare you a room, a meal and a bed. Come along now!" The gnoll was surprisingly soft spoken. Most males didn't even know the common language. Much less speak it fluently. She was brought to a private table packed not just with meats but various vegetables, baked goods and fruits too. The waiter lingered around her. "Hmm? Something else to add?

"No miss. I'm your personal waiter for this evening. Ask and I shall provide you to the best of my ability." Remania was somewhat skeptical of this. Was he there for her comfort... Or there to keep track of her? He seemed earnest enough in wanting to please her.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Today's post will contain the first dice rolls. Quite simply I set a difficulty based on context and roll a D100 To top that difficulty requirement. It's all pretty simple and straightforward and creates the necessary tension of narrative uncertainty.
Current emotional state: Cautious: Bonus to spotting inaccuracies. Penalty to diplomacy and other trust-related activities
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

"So... This is normal for all elven visitors?" Remania asked the gnoll. "Ah... Yeah. It is. Your kind is most valued amongst us. We would be unwise for us to anger you who have been our patrons since time immemorial." Remania considered the gnoll's words. They seemed... Rehearsed. Like he had been told exactly how to answer this question.

"If you would pardon me, but you're unusually well spoken for a gnoll. I always thought your kind spoke almost exclusively in single word sentences and growling." The waiter laughed kindly. "A common misconception. We actually have quite a complex language. It just sounds like inarticulate growling to the untrained listener. That goes along with the fact few of us have much reason to learn the common language."

Remania decided to put the waiter's assertion to the test by ordering he bring her the house's best wine in elven language. He considered for a moment and nodded. "Indeed miss. I'll have it there right away. Thoughtful that you'd put my fluency in sylvan to the test."

She looked around while the gnoll was away. She had a sneaking suspicion his job was to keep her distracted. Indeed she could see quite an alarming amount of armed gnolls entering the longhouse all at once. At least a pair of them were posted at every exit. This sure was all beginning to feel like a trap.

She considered her options. She was barely armed. But perhaps she could break out with the element of surprise. The waiter seemed a pretty good hostage. He was about her equal in physical stature. A runt by gnoll standards.
_____
Summary of rolls attempted.
Sensing Intent: Roll of 69. Result hidden for dramatic uncertainty.
Perception roll to look around for suspicious activity. 93: Difficulty of 40
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:18 am

Current emotional state: Tense: Bonus to snap decisions. Penalty to logical reasoning
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

__
Remania decided to simply book it rather than taking her chances with the waiter. She slipped away from her seat and started into a run. She could see patrons and guards alike gawking at her. A group of hunters yelped in surprise as she jumped on their table to use it as a springboard. Unfortunately, she hadn't looked ahead. Her foot slipped on a bowl of mash, sending her tumbling to the ground.

When she regained her bearings. Guards were surrounding her from the front and the outraged hunters were from the back. She saw no way of slipping through with physical prowess. Laying on the ground as she was. She pulled out her bow and notched an arrow awkwardly. "Back. No one has to get hurt." The guards looked at each other. Eyebrows raised. One of them approached her with an open hand. "Calm down will you? You're not in trouble... Well you weren't in trouble."

Remania looked at the guard in doubt. What guarantee did she have he wasn't just telling her what she'd like to hear to more easily pacify her? The bow weighed heavily in her hand. The elf had never taken another sapient being's life. Just small wildlife and on one occasion an aging stag she and the other hunters wished to grant a graceful end.
__
Summary of rolls attempted
Jumping off of furniture. Difficulty of 35. Result 15. Stumble to the ground!
Intimidate surrounding guards from a prone position. Difficulty of 75. Result 57. Unimpressed!
Sensing intent. Hidden difficulty. Result of 6. Remania has no idea whether the guard is lying or not.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Current emotional state: Horrified: Heavy bonus to running away. Heavy Penalty to confronting threats.
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

She couldn't do it. The uncertainty of whether she was even justified in firing the bow weighed her hand down enough to stay it. The elf released the bow. One of the guards quickly took it away. She looked around again. The guards looked more confused than anything. "What wrong elf lady?" One of them asked. "We sent to protect you. You spilled Gortha's food"

Remania followed the gnoll's finger and saw one of the clients trying to get to her while barking and snarling. She was covered in the mash bowl she had inadvertedly slipped on earlier. "Let me at her! I'll eat her instead!" Remania was rather disturbed at how genuine the gnoll's look was when she said that.

The guards, overwhelmingly male in numbers, looked at each other. One of them moved towards the raging woman. "I apologise. She not know her place... Have me instead." Remania stared perplexed when the guard threw off his weapons and armour and kneeled before the female. The other guards stepped back as the female licked her lips. "More meat on you anyway.

Remania was mortified. Any doubt about the guard's intentions was pretty well gone now. But now she had caused one of them to become a female's snack to protect her. Some part of her wanted to intervene. Try to parlay for the selfless gnoll's life. But she knew how dangerous it was to try and deny a gnoll its meal. She could keep watching or look away too. No one else seemed intent on helping the doomed male. It seemed his kind was rather expendable here.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm starting to notice higher vote turnout. To whoever is out there. My thanks for granting me your attention.

Current emotional state: Tense: Bonus to immediate action. Penalty to keeping cool
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

"S... Stop!" Remania called out. Her voice shaky and uncertain. The predatory gnoll stopped in her tracks. Her prey just centimetres away from her hunhry jaws. She closed her mouth and released the scruff of the gnoll's neck. "What. You want to kick another dish in my face first?" Her tone was hostile but appeased.

"I... I want you to not eat him." Remania spoke with sudden and surprising frankness. She stood up to face the female. The elf was a head smaller than the gnoll. But she made up for it with stature and presence.

"Hmm?" The female spoke. She stretched out and cracked her knuckles. "Are you going to fight me like a proper woman then?" She walked up to get right into Remania's face

"Y... Yes..." The elf retorted. Her mputh rattling on even as her mind told her to stop. The gnoll female smiled at Remania. "You're pathetic right now. You've got the stance of a stag doe. But you know... For a brief moment you growled like a grizzly."

The female stepped backwards towards the male. She snapped a finger and one of her sycophants handed her a collar and leash. She put the thing around the naked male. "I'll just keep him as a slave until you're worth fighting. Come find me when you're a wolf rather than a doe." She turned to the exit dragging the degraded guard after her on his hands and feet.

Remania stumbled back once it was all over. Breathing out and relaxing. In truth. She had been outright terrified by the female. But her desire to protect the male had overpowered that part of her senses. She looked around. Quivering like a leaf as a familiar figure moved up to her. It was the waiter she had ditched in her escape attempt. "Miss... Now that the misunderstanding is out of the way... Mind having your meal?"
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Current emotional state: Relaxed: Bonus to learning new skills. Penalty to short term action
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

"I think I will." Remania spoke with an apologetic smile. "Sorry about... All of this. I thought... I thought you were planning to double-cross me." The waiter reached out to Remania and took her hand. "Dwarves are here right now... Guards were sent to keep them out. We saw the smoke but don't have the people to get involved." The waiter led the tired elf back to her table and assembled a hearthy meal from the provided buffet.

Remania snapped out of her state and got to work on the plate. It wasn't the best meal she had ever eaten. But then the gnolls simply didn't have the lifespan to match the experience of her people. She paused on a filled eggplant and considered she would very likely never taste her mother's cooking again. The waiter put an arm around her shoulder. He seemed quite receptive to her feelings. "We'll find out who did this and help you get your vengeance." He spoke soothingly. Remania looked at him. "You're quite good at talking to people for a waiter... Are you more than just that?" The gnoll nodded. Seems he was also versed in companionship. "I... I would like to have you around for my bath too then."

The gnoll waiter nodded. "I won't disappoint miss." He procaimed confidently. Remania finished her plate soon after. She didn't hesitate in taking seconds and even thirds. Having again been reminded of how hungry she truly really was. The buffet around her was still far from finished though. Something that keft Remania feeling a hint of guilt. At least until she saw a swarm of waiter redistributing what she hadn't finished to other patrons. It seemed to be common practice based on how readily the various patrons fell upon what she hadn't finished

The waiter had gone ahead to prepare her bath some time around her second helping. When Remania caught up with him he was waiting for her in quite a pleasantly surprising manner. Naked and standing next to the tub. Contrary to what he looked like clothed the waiter's body was quite toned if somewhat lithely built for a gnoll. Presumably the females liked their males smaller than them. "Your bath's ready miss." The gnoll spoke. Graciously motioning for Remania to get in the polished wooden tub. The elf happily removed her clothes and obliged. "Come on in... But... Tell me your name first."

The gnoll nodded. "My name Is Karst. Would you tell me yours in return?" The gnoll eagerly got in behind Remania. He had a bar of something in his hand. "I took the liberty of picking out a relaxing herbal soap milady." He submerged the lump in the water. It began fizzingg and soon spread a minty green colour in the water. Remania hovered her arm in it and sighed in relief. The stuff seemed to melt away all her worries and troubles. At least for a moment. "I'm Remania... Karst. I'd like you to wash me." The gnoll nodded. "I expected as much miss... Feel free to nap while I work... I shan't dare take advantage."

The elf smiled and slowly closed her eyes. The gentle hands of the gnoll massaging her throughout. When she awoke she felt deeply cleansed and satisfied. Karst was out of the bathtub and in uniform again. Offering her a towel. Had he been standing there waiting for her to wake up? "Milady. I assume you'd like to finish the rest of your rest in a proper bed miss. You've been given a discreet room in the basement. It's far more comfortable than you'd think."

Remania got out of the bath and looked around as she accepted the towel. "Karst... My clothes?" The gnoll smiled. "I've taken them to be washed miss. I've prepared evening wear for you instead." The elf wasn't sure how to feel about that. She somewhat flet like the gnoll was imposing on her. But then this seemed the sort of establishment where this kind of pampering was par for the course.

She looked at the so-called evening wear and found herself quite surprised by how sparse it was. A fur bra and an open-bottomed loincloth of soft woolcoth and furs. "Karst... Are you implying you'd like to share a bed with me?" The gnoll cocked his head. "If you'd like miss."

Remania wasn't certain of the gnoll's intention. His bestial snout was hard for her mind to read and his reserved posture didn't help matters.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eldachoon » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:47 am

Current emotional state: Euphoric: Strong bonus to self-improvement. Strong penalty to snap decisions
Attributes
Skills

Equipment
Traits
Vore traits

"I'd like just that." Remania spoke with confidence. Karst had been nothing but kind to her since she got her. She felt like she could trust the gnoll with more intimate companionship. Karst's ears twitched and his tail wagged almost imperceptibly. "Just for companionship miss?"

Remania moved up to him and looked him in the eyes. "I'd like the full experience." She spoke with a slightly lewd smile. Karst nodded. "I'll go on ahead to prepare if you'd like." Remania smiled and nodded. She could sense the gnoll liked to keep things under control for his client. Karst turned to leave with an expediency she hadn't yet seen from the waiter. It seemed he was as eager as she was to do this.

Remania took some time in front of the mirror. Combing her hair and inspecting her body. She had some scratches and bruises from her wild flight from her village. But otherwise she was still in good shape. She put on the 'nightgown' and turned towards the door. She had been paying attention and was confident she would find Karst without too much wandering.

By the time she reached the basement floor she didn't need to navigate much more. Karst had marked her path with a trail of rose petals. How a gnoll village came into posession of such delicate flowers was a question that briefly hovered in Remania's head until she entered the bedroom. There was no room for such pedantic thoughts after that.

Karst was laying on his side. Surrounded by candlelight and petals. A pleasant scent was wafting through the room from an incense burner in the corner. Remania could get a good look at his entire body now. His lithe but toned muscles. His well groomed fur coat... His erect member. It looked quite a lot less intimidating than she had imagined it. The gnoll motioned her closer. "Glad you could find it without trouble... Come. You look like you could use a massage."

Remania laid herself down eagerly next to the gnoll. His capable hands soon enveloping her body. She didn't know when exactly he moved beyond the massage. Only that the moment felt like it could have gone on forever. At the end of it she was enveloped in Karst's arms. Curled up and free of worry.

She considered where she wanted to go from here. The gnolls would likely continue to tolerate her in the village. But the question of why her home had been razed still burned heavily on the mind.
Eldachoon
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Interactive story