Original Characters and Interactives

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Original Characters and Interactives

Postby Jayezox » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:14 am

I have a question regarding character creation and interactives. Is it ok to claim characters from an interactive if I solely made all the chapters for that character and put all the effort into that branch? There are some characters in some interactive branched that I want to use and claim as my own to write some stories on them, but I don't want to be "that guy" and create drama around it. What steps should I take to claim those characters, use them, and reduce that drama if possible?

I'm asking this because I'm kind of new to the whole "character creation" scene.
Last edited by Jayezox on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayezox
---

Re: Intellectual Property and Interactives

Postby rarrawer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:09 am

I'd reccomend disregarding intelectual property alltogether and just focus on making cool stuff.
There isn't much point in caring where a character came from, what matters much much more is making art.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:36 am

Agreed. Especially if no profit is being made.

If anyone makes a big deal out of their characters being reimagined then it is them that looks like the asshole.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Aces » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:10 pm

If you're using characters from a franchise, chances are, no one is going to go out of their way to complain about it.

Using original characters whom other people are roleplaying as, that will probably land you in some trouble.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Original Characters and Interactives

Postby Jayezox » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:40 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'll go through with my plans when I gather some free time and motivation. Just to be clear, this is for writing and not art since I can't draw. Also, changed the title since "Intellectual Property" is too strong of a word.
Jayezox
---

Re: Original Characters and Interactives

Postby rarrawer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:51 am

Writing is a kind of art.
rarrawer
Somewhat familiar

Return to Interactive story