The Wilde Wood Development Journal (Twine)

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

The Wilde Wood Development Journal (Twine)

Postby TheWildeWood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:19 am

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Re: The Wilde Wood Development Journal (Ren'py)

Postby Bright » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:34 am

This sounds quite interesting.
I'm curious on where this will go.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby 3rasvok » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Hmm, sounds really fun. I take it you're open to stuff like digestion, optional disposal etc..?
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 pm

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby 3rasvok » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:19 pm

TheWildeWood wrote:
3rasvok wrote:Hmm, sounds really fun. I take it you're open to stuff like digestion, optional disposal etc..?

I certainly am.

---

Wilde Wood Society and You

At the beginning of each play-through the reader will choose their gender (Male, Female, Herm), species (Human, Weasel, Fox, Rabbit, Sheep, Rat, Otter, and more), and diet (Herbivore, Omnivore, Carnivore). Each of these attributes will determine how the denizens of the Wood initially react to their new neighbor, as each will have biases that inform how they behave as the story progresses. In Act 1: First Turn of Autumn, the reader attends the eponymous festival soon after they move into their residence, where they will meet most of the major characters in the game and get a taste for how their society works.

Let's take Rufus Weasel to start. Rufus is a carnivore that prefers members of the opposite sex for his "intimate" partners. Should the reader play a male of any disposition, they will find Rufus cordial; as a female, they'll find him flirtatious; and as a female Weasel, he'll be down-right chivalrous. Not all ends will be possible with all characters, but perhaps a femme fatale can seduce him into dinner, or a herm broaden his sexual horizons. Or maybe your only interaction is seeing the result of a night raid on the local farm, as he scurries home with an egg laden basket.

This sort of dynamic choice system could spiral out of control and never be finished, but I have two rules in place to ensure things stay nice and tidy.

1. The game will have five acts, with short interludes. Each act will showcase a major event that must be resolved before moving forward, with Act 5 the culmination of all the reader's choices, should they survive that long.

2. The initial release will only have "six" major characters to interact with. Each will have hard lines that define their character, but there's always some wriggle room, and hopefully everyone can find something they can enjoy. Aside from Rufus, there will be a vivacious vixen open to just about anything, fraternal (m/f) rabbits, a lonely ewe, a wolf, and... one spot I'm leaving open until the others are sorted out (recommendations welcome).

Speaking of sorting, back to work.

~TTFN

I really like the setting you thought up... and choices with potentially deadly consequences? Count me in :-D

I've been making a game with Rpg Maker and I really wanted to include choices that effect the story.. It gets pretty crazy sometimes even if you try to keep things simple.
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:22 pm

3rasvok wrote:I really like the setting you thought up... and choices with potentially deadly consequences? Count me in :-D

I've been making a game with Rpg Maker and I really wanted to include choices that effect the story.. It gets pretty crazy sometimes even if you try to keep things simple.

I'm glad you like it!

And, yeah, keeping the bloat down is definitely on my list. I think my focus on depth (vs breadth) will keep it manageable. Seems like a problem larger studio rpgs have a hard time handling, which creates a niche for independent developers. Not that sexually explicit vore stories aren't enough of a special snowflake on their own.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby 3rasvok » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:17 pm

TheWildeWood wrote:
3rasvok wrote:I really like the setting you thought up... and choices with potentially deadly consequences? Count me in :-D

I'm glad you like it!

And, yeah, keeping the bloat down is definitely on my list. I think my focus on depth (vs breadth) will keep it manageable. Seems like a problem larger studio rpgs have a hard time handling, which creates a niche for independent developers. Not that sexually explicit vore stories aren't enough of a special snowflake on their own.

The problem with big AAA devs is that developing games is a fortune nowdays, so they don't really feel like adding something to the game that not everybody's going to see. Though, even back in the day rpgs with decent choices were far and few between for mostly the same reasons, I think.
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 pm

3rasvok wrote:The problem with big AAA devs is that developing games is a fortune nowdays, so they don't really feel like adding something to the game that not everybody's going to see. Though, even back in the day rpgs with decent choices were far and few between for mostly the same reasons, I think.

It helps that the gameplay loop of TWW depends on a robust choice system.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby 3rasvok » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:49 am

It's practically designed for a choice based vore game. I'll be keeping an eye on your project! :-D
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby DarkPinkie » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:29 am

Now this is a curious forum thread. I will make sure to roll high on my perception check to notice the project.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Re: The Wilde Wood Development Journal (Twine)

Postby TheWildeWood » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:41 am

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:12 pm

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:45 pm

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:53 pm

-----
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:02 pm

-----
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:14 am

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:32 pm

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:04 pm

-----
Last edited by TheWildeWood on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheWildeWood » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:53 am

-----
TheWildeWood
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Interactive story