Interactives and Discord

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Interactives and Discord

Postby Jayezox » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 am

Hi fellow interactive story writers,

I used to love interactive stories, but they seem to have fallen by the wayside. I think I know a way to make them take off. Part of the reason I seldom write interactives is the lack of any sense of community. What if interactive stories had their own Discord server? Another possibility is a Discord server revolved around interact vore interactives. Heck, if the owner of a vore Discord server is reading this, they could incorporate an interactive section into their server. Discussion could include kinks, what chapters or branches someone liked and why, and other conversations to engage readers and writers and motivate more writing. Artists tend to use Discord to engage their audience so why can't interactive story writers?
Jayezox
---

Re: Interactives and Discord

Postby anyonarex » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:42 am

This could be a fun idea, I think the issue to an extant is over-saturation though, and the fact that the landscape of the internet and creative community is very different from it was in 2008. That being said a discord server based around interactives could be a good return to that. I'd join.
anyonarex
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TastyAce » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 am

A vore interactive Discord sounds like a great idea! C: I'd definitely join one.
I take writing commissions and create new vore games EVERY MONTH!

(The art of my crowsona in the banner is by RichardVRP.)
TastyAce
Somewhat familiar

Postby ThisGuy127 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:22 pm

I definitely support this idea, I'd certainly join one if it were made before my own server is finished, but I'll absolutely be adding some kind of place in my own for hunting down interactive stories to enjoy and add to.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm

There is an Eka's discord that may be able to do this.

But how will a discord change anything? It pretty much would just add real time communication am I wrong?
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:19 am

Aleph-Null wrote:There is an Eka's discord that may be able to do this.

But how will a discord change anything? It pretty much would just add real time communication am I wrong?

You can actually know your audience as you write. The main problem with Eka's interactives is no feedback unless someone PM's you.

A community that can speak in real time will give a lot of traffic in a positive way. Trolls can be kicked out of the server and Discord tends to have friendly communities from my experience. It's much more encouraging to write for someone you've chatted with than an unknown audience.

With roles and through other means, you can show off what kinks you have. This could influence those with at least some similar interests to write chapters for one another and help determine what kind of content to write. The benefits of out of character chat go hand in hand with this.

There could also be a tips and tricks channel to help newcomers with etiquette and the like. For example, you could give a tip about the annoyance of clicking through many choices with no story.

There are probably other benefits I can't think of off the top of my head, but having active interactives tied to a Discord server.
Jayezox
---

Return to Interactive story