Hurt by Writing.com

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Re: Hurt by Writing.com

Postby dst3313 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:01 pm

literally the first time I've heard of chyoa.com. Which might be why they haven't blown up - lack of publicity/word of mouth?
Trust no one. Even me.
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoraciousVie » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:40 pm

I remember hopping onto Writing.com and greatly enjoying a few of the stories there... But being so, so very bogged down by the amount of blathering crap constantly popping up. Such as requesting I purchase a Premium Membership in order to cope with their highly intrusive "Server Overload" messages which- Let's be real, is total nonsense. I sincerely doubt the site is getting such immense traffic that they must shutdown their servers every time I go exactly 5 pages into a story. What a load of hogwash!

I'll be trying out this CHYOA site, if only because it seems far more promising then Writing.com

The main thing that cripples the site, at least in my opinion, is the fact that it is so endlessly hostile to users who do not have a Paid Membership. I have better things to spend money on then my kinks, and constantly being blocked out of the site when I want to just read is total bullshit... Sigh. Oh well.
Always hungry, never enough~!
VoraciousVie
New to the forum

Postby Misasura » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:10 pm

CHYOA itself isn't perfect either. I'm not a registered user and am bombarded with sexually explicit advertisements. I came to read, not look at a drawing of a penis growing larger than the Grinch's heart.
'Carpe Denim' - Seize the pants.
Misasura
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:42 pm

Too bad there isn’t a site for choose your own adventure comic books, I’ve been wanting to make one.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Engarric » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:57 am

I also really had a problem with that. My writing has suffered many times because of this...
I work and help everyone to be successful in writing and get case study help :)
Engarric
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:39 pm

I've been on WdC since October 2009, and a guest for a few years prior.

Now, if you are a Free member, I'll admit that there's adds - one I always experienced was a fly hitting the screen followed by windshield wipers cleaning them off. Then there was the times the computer I was on - a collage one mind you - would just keep uploading the same page - I'll ask a few Free guys if this still happens.

That being said, I've had Upgraded/Premium Membership continuously since December 2009, often gifted to my by other members or because I managed to get the needed GPs to keep paying for it - never spent my own money, yet. Wish that they'd just do a Credit/Debit card instead of Playpal - as I don't know Playpal at all.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GastricAztec » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:59 pm

alockwood1 wrote:I've been on WdC since October 2009, and a guest for a few years prior.

Now, if you are a Free member, I'll admit that there's adds - one I always experienced was a fly hitting the screen followed by windshield wipers cleaning them off. Then there was the times the computer I was on - a collage one mind you - would just keep uploading the same page - I'll ask a few Free guys if this still happens.

That being said, I've had Upgraded/Premium Membership continuously since December 2009, often gifted to my by other members or because I managed to get the needed GPs to keep paying for it - never spent my own money, yet. Wish that they'd just do a Credit/Debit card instead of Playpal - as I don't know Playpal at all.

You can pay by credit card or debit card now, not sure how long it has been this way.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:40 pm

GastricAztec wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:I've been on WdC since October 2009, and a guest for a few years prior.

You can pay by credit card or debit card now, not sure how long it has been this way.

Just checked. They do. Something to think on. Maybe others will try.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:44 am

That website was good in the past but it have change later on with the different things and stuffs that happen but if anyone still want to use it every now and then they can do so if they want to look for interactive stories and stuffs on there.
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Keyndron » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:30 am

Yeah, the site is essentially if EA took over for writing works, as the whole "server is overloaded" is essentially a load of crap given the site's traffic has been astronomically low ever since they started that crap as people went for greener pastures, though interactives are hard to find anymore.

It's honestly sad though, there used to be some really good stories there.
Keyndron
Been posting for a bit

Postby Keyndron » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:43 am

VoraciousVie wrote:I remember hopping onto Writing.com and greatly enjoying a few of the stories there... But being so, so very bogged down by the amount of blathering crap constantly popping up. Such as requesting I purchase a Premium Membership in order to cope with their highly intrusive "Server Overload" messages which- Let's be real, is total nonsense. I sincerely doubt the site is getting such immense traffic that they must shutdown their servers every time I go exactly 5 pages into a story. What a load of hogwash!

The fact that you can even view the first four pages no matter what is proof that it's a complete and utter lie.
Keyndron
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:52 pm

Keyndron wrote:Yeah, the site is essentially if EA took over for writing works, as the whole "server is overloaded" is essentially a load of crap given the site's traffic has been astronomically low ever since they started that crap as people went for greener pastures, though interactives are hard to find anymore.

Ymmv but in general, I have had a good time finding stories and such. To be honest, it is worth it to have a paid account there, if you are active on it.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LemonBarb » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:33 pm

So I still hear talk of a website already dead IMO. And well...
alockwood1 wrote:
Keyndron wrote:Yeah, the site is essentially if EA took over for writing works, as the whole "server is overloaded" is essentially a load of crap given the site's traffic has been astronomically low ever since they started that crap as people went for greener pastures, though interactives are hard to find anymore.

Ymmv but in general, I have had a good time finding stories and such. To be honest, it is worth it to have a paid account there, if you are active on it.

Why would you still pay for a bad service of an advert bloated website. When there exists better options. Ranging from this site's Interactive Story service to well. This quote I will cite a page back, right to this page.
notitthrowaway wrote:
LemonBarb wrote:I'm more tempted in at least, using or supporting a different cite, called "CHYOA"; available here. https://chyoa.com/

I'm honestly really surprised that CHYOA hasn't blown up in popularity (at least within the vore community) with how people constantly complain about writing.com. I'm not a shill (at least not paid), I have no affiliation with CHYOA, but it seems basically perfect to me. Great UI, nice QOL features, and it's a website dedicated to interactive erotica so there won't be any terms-of-service problems with sexual content. I think it's also totally free? I don't know if there are any premium features.

It's baffling that everybody hasn't just moved to that site from writing.com already, it seems like the obvious choice.
LemonBarb
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:10 pm

LemonBarb wrote:So I still hear talk of a website already dead IMO. And well...
alockwood1 wrote:

Why would you still pay for a bad service of an advert bloated website. When there exists better options. Ranging from this site's Interactive Story service to well. This quote I will cite a page back, right to this page.

Do you watch something like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Paramount+ or some other streaming service?

If the answer is yes, you tend to pay to get access to more shows, as well as those without adds.

I've been on WdC since 2009, and while there's a few things that annoy me, like the occasional troll that likes to take a character you made for an interactive and utterly butcher them (no, not taking them to a butcher shop, but take them and say turn them from a caring grandfatherly sort and turn them into a sex-crazed pervert), I've noticed that sort also exists here. I've encountered folks over on WdC who dislike my non-fatal approach to vore - some of those sorts are here too.... I wonder if they are the same people.

Here's a question - Do you have an account there? Did you have one there? How long did you last? Me - I just hit 14 years, and folks there know me as the BIG BAD WOLF. I have influenced a number of people, some of whom you might know. In general, folks over there are friendly, and will even help others out - to be honest, my account's membership was paid by the generosity of others, because, to be honest, I would go, "Hey guys. Having trouble paying for my membership this year. Anyone got any spare change?" Either they'd send me some spare change in the form of site money - Gift Points - or they'd be really generous and outright buy it for me, which was rather nice.

In fact, there's no real restrictions on what can be posted there, so long as it's properly rated. Unlike one site that has recently been booting some rather well-known artists, WdC has not, to the best of my knowledge, gone around banning folks who make things related to our particular fetish, which is saying something.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby iforgot » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:39 am

anyonarex wrote:
tuc1357 wrote:I think this archive of Writing.com has been posted elsewhere on this site, but here it is again if you haven't seen it.

https://ackater.github.io/writing.com-archival/#/

This is really incomplete tho, there's a much better Excel spreadsheet floating around that has p much every interacive uploaded avaiibile on it.

Is there a name or something I can search for / ask for, I want to see if I can find?
iforgot
New to the forum

Postby GrandGrandEater » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:23 am

I remember using Writing.com. Wrote a few dozen chapters with my free-bird account, though I HAD to create 4 different accounts due to being booted for false attacks and not paying membership so the admins can fap on bitcoin?! I tried contacting the owner of the now private site, guess what happened...if any of you heard that 1960's telephone chicks with the "Please Hold" talks, that's the ATOMIC bs the little fupper gave me?! Even refuse to talk about the possible buyout of the domain for a MEASLEY 4 grand due to its horrible, HORRRIBLE management and nuking of its content that fans GAVE their attention to. While I miss the site, I don't miss the toxic waste-pit that was the bit-coin raiding!!! :-x :-x :-x
GrandGrandEater
Been posting for a bit

Postby Katana70065 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:44 am

I kinda drifted away from Writing.com. This was mostly because at the time they restricted the length of the stuff you could write. In my case it was nothing they did, just they couldn't hold my interest. Thus, now I post my stories here and on Deviant Art.
Katana70065
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:44 am

Okay - straight from the horse's mouth, I have this for folks to read. Don't know if this will end things, but I will let folks know that the people who run WdC are not some big company, but a husband-and-wife pair, who more than likely run the site right from their own home.

https://www.writing.com/main/forums/act ... 56#3259656
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Interactive story