The Day It All Began...Again (Whitebrand and Carni-vore)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: The Day It All Began...Again (Whitebrand and Carni-vore)

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:59 am

“Blazing hells,” Brand muttered as he set down his pack. He looked at the pillaged town with a familiar sadness in his eyes. “Why can’t people just leave townsfolk alone?”

He knew the answer to that of course. He walked among the ruined houses looking for signs of recent habitation, just in case, but he didn’t have much hope.

“Probably wolves,” Brand said to himself. “Or bandits. A squirrel girl isn’t going to return to the site of a raided town unless there’s something here she needs.” He mentally pictured the landscape of the area, trying to sort out likely places for survivors to have escaped to. He also cast another divination spell, seeking a trace of his target.

“Check over there,” Brand said, waving to a few structures that looked relatively stable. “Check for signs of recent inhabitants. Be careful and shout if you find anything. Hang on...”

He cast another spell on her, a simple “silent alarm” that would alert him if she were ambushed or accidentally injured or trapped.

“If anything happens I’ll come running.”

Loosening the leash a bit might help improve her state a bit. And maybe the assurance that he was looking out for her might do something too. He hoped.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:57 pm

"...Don't think it was wolves...Whatever caused it came by sea. The wall and gate has the least damage and the port's relatively untouched." Lissara pointed out. "...Wasn't soldiers either...There's no signs of a heavy battle. no Broken weapons or signs of uniformed movement...Whatever hit here, was a small ship and a small group...Pirates or slavers probably or a separate party from some other land all together..." Lissara continued as she rummaged through the ruined town.

There wasn't much left. Signs showing the tavern were used as a shelter as it was relatively in tact, a few discarded shackles around as well. Whatever happened ago happened quite some time ago as there was really nothing else left.
.....I have ALOT of hungry dragons...Anyone want to say hello?

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Brand kicked at one of the shackles.

“Excellent deductions,” Brand said, nodding. “They hit hard and fast. Overwhelmed the defenses before they knew what was happening. I hate slavers.”

An odd comment for him, given his “hobbies “.

“Okay,” Brand said. “Too late for this party. Let’s head inland. Our target will be looking for fertile plants and nuts...probably in the valleys where there’s water.”

He picked up his pack and looked around, once again searching for some sort of reading on the squirrel. She was the only one in the region...picking her out should be simple enough...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:23 am

"...You say while owning slaves..." Lissara pointed out herself a bit.

After leaving the village and scouring the area for some time they heard a sharp scream later that evening coming up from up ahead.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:04 am

“Slavers always take far more than their due,” Brand said. “And don’t bother to protect or care for those in their charge. It’s all about profit and power.”

The second the scream sounded Brand was suddenly in motion, racing through the woods noticeably faster than a normal human should be able to run. He only slowed down because the wind about his head threatened to drown out any further screams or cries.

Of course it could be a trap, but the ruined town had stirred up Brand ‘s protective instincts.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Lissa had some trouble keeping up with him, following behind as he rushed to the sound of the scream till he came to the cause.

On the branch in a large tree was his what he was seeking, a red tailed, red-headed squirrel girl trembling as she clung to the tree as a group of three wolfmen surrounded it. Caught by the sight but before he could react further.

"V-Valtrea!" The squirrel cried out as there was a sudden sound of trees breaking from north. There was no footsteps, large white wings could be seen over the treetops as something as big as the trees themselves rushed forward, It's upper body was that that of a woman, it's lower body that of a golden serpent, in it's hands it wielded too large blades half the size of the tree and on it's back flapped, large angelic wings. It was a celestial creature from the heavens, a Lillend, and likely the squirrel girl's rumored guardian from what he could tell as it's tail wrapped around the tree the Squirrel hid in and batted the wolfmen away with the end of it as it looked down at them angrily.

"I said keep your claws off her ya damn mongrels! Damn beasts don't know when to give up!" She spoke out as she readied her blades while the wolfmen picked themselves up and started to flee the large serpentine celestial woman.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:19 am

Brand managed to stop himself from diving into the melee right then and there. Instead he watched the guardian, wondering how in the hells a squirrel warranted a celestial defender. It was clear to him that the Lillend could have mauled the wolves, but deliberately held back...chose to be merciful and let them flee with their lives. Which hinted that she was a lot more dangerous than she looked now.

One of the wolf men went scrambling past Brand, so the dragon gave him an extra kick in the pants—for distance not damage—to help him along.

“Not bad,” Brand said said as he gave the celestial a slow clap. “Not bad at all. But I’m here now to take over for ye, so ye can go back ter the Outer Planes knowing it was a job well done.”

He tossed aside his bow and sword, keeping his hands in the open. He assumed that the celestial would realize what Brand was anyway...and know that he didn’t really need the weapons at all. With the energy of youth and the centuries of experience, Brand was pretty much an army all by himself. And that wasn’t even mentioning the invulnerable scales, the lightning breath, or the talons that could rip steel.

There was no need for threats or posturing, Brand thought. So he went with the direct approach.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:48 pm

"...Hmm?...Now what..." The large Lillend muttered as Brand approached, weapons still drawn.

She scowled at him at his Claim. "...Nellie...Stay in the tree...". She responded before slithering around the tree further to turn in his direction. "...That isn't for you to decide." She spoke out to him as he stepped forward.

Lissara was catching up to him now to see the sight as she hid a bit back at the sight of the large serpentine celestial.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:56 am

“I don’t want this to become a problem between us,” Brand said, eyeing the creature. Brand was about ten feet longer than the celestial in his dragon form, but that was hard to be certain if it was a determining factor. The creature was probably as quick as Brand and maybe almost as difficult to harm. “What has she done to earn your protection then? Maybe we can work something out.”

He wasn’t sure about it’s immunities...like whether or not he could hurt it with lightning. He rarely, if ever had had to fight with a celestial.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:20 pm

"...She hasn't done anything...In fact she's rather useless in most cases...But she has found to be the last of her kind and was given a boon of divine protection in the hopes she will not remain to be the last of her kind in the future..." Valtrea explained, still on guard but looking over her shoulder to the trembling squirrel girl in the tree who kept rather quiet while her guardian did the talking.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:24 am

“Oh, so you’re going to be creating a male or two for her somewhere down the line?” Brand asked, sounding skeptical. “I’ll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile my home is impregnable and guarded by someone fairly formidable. She’ll be in no danger from these wolf men or anyone else. So I’m the logical choice.”

Brand kept his eyes locked with the celestial’s, trying to anticipate its many possible responses.

“So that at all depends on how reasonable we’re all willing to be, doesn’t it?” Brand said as he circled warily around the dragon
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:20 am

"...Not happening on my watch...Dragon..." Valtrea responded getting a little miffed over the conversation.

"EEK!" Nellie squeaked at that declaration, her fur sticking on ends as she trembled and clung to the treat behind Valtrea.

"...Find yourself another 'pet' elsewhere..." Valtrea warned.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:59 am

“Because having to defend her from wolves and other predators every day is so much easier,” Brand said. “Fine. Let’s get this over with. Just give me a second here to clear the field of innocents.

“Lissara, you can head back to camp,” he told the elf. “I’ll be along with my new pet. Maybe two. This might take a little bit of time.”

He turned back to face the celestial.

“You know that if I win I get you too, right?” He said. “Are you sure you want to pick that hill to die on, so to speak?”
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Valtrea scoffed at that. "...Nellie, come here." She spoke as the end of her tail snatched up the squirrel girl.

"H-Hu-AH!" Nellie yelped as as Valtrea flicked the the smaller squirrel girl into her mouth. Taking her in in one motion, with only Nellie's fluffy squirming tail sticking out before it too was slurped up and she was quickly swallowed whole. By her own guardian.

"...There...That should keep you outta the way..." Valtrea spoke as Nellie sank down her body, focusing back on Brand.

"...As you wish. Good luck master." Lissara responded, taking his discarded things and heading back to camp

"...That wont be possible dragon...Only Nellie has the right to call upon me, and even then am I granted to her through the heavens themselves...If I fall here, I simply return to the heavens." Valtrea explained.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Brand shrugged into his full-sized draconic form, pushing aside bushes and branches effortlessly.

“Then I guess you aren’t as devoted to her as I thought,” Brand rumbled. “Which is why I’ll win. You lack...conviction. Last chance to surrender her to a better protector.”

Electrical sparks began to shoot up and down over Brand’s body, strengthening muscle and smelling of ozone. His golden eyes glowed brightly as he shook out his copper mane.

Of course he would actually have to hold his electrical power back a bit. It wouldn’t do to fry the squirrel girl inside her defender. Valtrea had chosen to endanger her charge possibly because she knew Brand wanted her alive. A dispicable tactic for a celestial.

Of course that didn’t mean that Brand couldn’t defeat the Lillend physically. He gave the celestial a chance to give in...not that he thought she would take it. He flared his wings dangerously and lashed his tail. The last bit of quiet before the storm.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:10 am

Valtrea's tail whipped the ground hard at that.

"...Don't get the wrong idea. I intend to to everything in my power to keep her out of the hands of the unworthy." She stated as she twirled her giant blades gracefully despite their size.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 am

“Then your task is complete,” Brand said.

He started circling around the serpentine celestial, keeping his head low and his wings an tail height. Talons flexed as he watched her defensive stance, waiting for a lowering of the guard or a window to cause such a lowering. His tail lashed distractingly while he crouched close to the ground, ready to spring at any second. Sparks shit up and down his body as he summoned his magical powers.

For a brief second it looked like he would lunge...only to become aware at the last instant that what he had thought was a slight opening was in fact a trap.

“Clever girl,” Brand noted when he let the opportunity pass.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:29 am

Valtrea's tail had still be coiled around the tree tightly, the end of it still having enough give to whip at incoming attacks while the grip gave her enough torque for quicker turn arounds. Her wings were raised, but she remained grounded, and her blades dancing gracefully and effortlessly about, her guard in constant motion. He was the assailant and her the defender, she knew to wait in this scenario.

Carni-vore
???

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 pm

There was a sudden surge of magical energy. A lightning bolt struck down between the pair, producing a blinding flash of light. An instant later Brand was practically on top of the celestial. He dove in low to get in under her guard. With her tail wrapped around the tree, she’d handicapped herself, unlikely to be able to wrap him with it before he got a good grip on her. The second the dragon touched her he lit her up with his trademark lightning, toned down to avoid harming the squirrel girl inside her but enough to disrupt her nervous system and slow her reflexes for a few seconds. He went for her wrists with his hands while his mouth snapped at her face. His wings enveloped her as he attached himself to her body.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Carni-vore » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:39 pm

"*Tch*" She scoffed as he vanished in the flash as he got in under her guard. The lightning crackled around her as he discharged his electricity, but all that resulted from it was a smirk on her face as the lightning did nothing. Before he could snap at her wrist due to her not being stunned from the shock she moved quick moving her arm back, not to slash at him, but the tree she was coiled around, using her tail to pull and drop the massive piece of lumber down on him mid attack while she slithered out from under it.

Carni-vore
???

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay