A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:54 pm

Mei didn't reply. She couldn't possibly be heard over the hurricane winds. She flicked her fan into her hand and a lightning bolt flashed across the space between the rival queens. 1.21 gigawatts flying in at 5000 km a second. As the flare from the flash blinked out, Mei shifted her position behind one of the building's interior support beams. An explosive attack there would almost certainly bring the roof down on both of them.

Xuelan was giving Taki plenty of trouble. As rooks they both had greatly enhanced strength. Taki, however, had been enormously strong and durable even before she had become one of Lena's pieces. She put that massive advantage to her benefit now, letting Xuelan seem to have more of an impact than she was and staggering back...luring the fighter in. The second the Chinese girl moved in to follow up, Taki suddenly "recovered" and swatted the rook down into the concrete floor with her open palm. If that turned out to be sufficient, she would go to Mikleo's aid.

"Still outnumbered," Stephen said. He had to speak through gritted teeth. The boosts were getting close to his tolerance. "Whenever you're ready, burn his ass."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 am

Lois frowned and pulled out one of her guns and her sword lighting a light blade in the sword while focusing her holy flames into the gun “ok I’m ready to go”

Xuelan did fall for it but when taki did her counter xuelan rolled with the blow, flipping her legs up to grab taki’s arm and twist it even as she hit the ground managing to break it. Thankfully xuelan got wrapped in the blue retirement light. At that point though the pawn who had been supporting xuelan suddenly started unloading magic blasts on taki without restraint since there was no longer a risk of hitting her ally

“Oh dear… are we not in a talking mood today?” Sarah commented having shut her eyes and used her aura to counter the lightning bolt, the sudden display of light left her blinded but didn’t hurt her significantly.

“Well though I’d love to play more I guess I should keep our plan on schedule” she held her hand out taking aim at the pillar Mei had ducked behind and generated a brown ball of light, it was a move called [blanket] that Sarah has used in rating games before that was designed to hit a wide square area similar to a blanket being draped over it. “Take this for me won’t you?” With that she fired it off aiming to hit the pillar, she didn’t care about hitting Mei directly, and it’s not like collapsing the floors above would be enough to take either of the queens out.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:22 pm

Stephen touched Lois's shoulder and willed the power to be put into her hands. The power left him in such a sudden rush that he went pale and almost fainted. Hery dropped where he was, unable to move.

"Go...get...him."

Taki shouted in pain when her bone was twisted past its endurance. The twisting fracture was painful but it did not stop the giantess. She waded through the blasts, ignoring the scoring and burning. The kick she delivered was enough to send the pawn sailing back into the wall behind her. Battered, she turned on the rest of the attack force.

The mass of explosions shattered desks and chairs. The support beam crumpled and took the brunt of the blasts. The ceiling above Mei and Sarah bowed downwards and collapsed in a rain of plaster, wood, cables, and pipes. The debris fell down to the floor with an ongoing crash.

Mei emerged from the mess unscathed, rising like a pheonix herself. She floated back into view and unleashed the firewheels on the other queen. The spinning discs looked like they were on fire, but each of them had a different status effect embedded in them. Contact meant disaster. The lose wires exposed by the explosions whipped out at Sarah to grasp and hit her with the collective charge of the building. Capping it all off, Mei formed a cloud of debris around herself to act as a shield against the inevitable counter.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:35 am

Lois would stumble suddenly as the vibrations of the explosion reached them but she just quickly fired her gun a massive blast of white golden flames erupting from the end and slamming into the floor… with a barrier revealing itself causing her to click her tongue and focus on her shot narrowing the blast to try and break the barrier, though she quickly stopped as even that proved useless and began looking around “what was it Mikleo always said about barriers? They have anchor points?” She mumbled more to herself then anything

The pawn was forced to retire the moment she struck the wall leaving a two on two situation… but at that moment Mikleo and taki would hear Ariana scream from back in the direction of their base, they had felt the explosion rock the floor above but it didn’t seem like the first floor collapsed as well, Mikleo would shout “taki go! I’ll manage this somehow!” He was still facing two attackers right now.

Sarah did not emerge from the debris like Mei, nor did she deflect anything from collapsing on her so she would be seemingly buried.

On the other hand while Mei was still focused on Sarah’s position she would be struck by a powerful axe kick to her right shoulder from behind, a blow with such force and momentum even Mei’s boosted defenses from the queen piece couldn’t endure it completely.

Ravel spoke from above mei “now your opponents are us Mei” she threw a massive fireball easily twice her size at mei knowing Karlamine would jump out of the way of, this fireball was produced by a high class devil who specialized in fire and wind so even Mei couldn’t underestimate the young lady Phenex, and she had 5 other servants with her besides!

The reason for Ariana’s scream had been a small porting of the floor being blasted and her getting struck by a particularly nasty bit of shrapnel in the shoulder, it had pierced her shoulder since she hadn’t defended herself in time and she was trying to remove it but froze as Sarah landed in front of her and she stared up in fear.

By the time taki made it back down the length of the hall Ariana was unconscious leaned against the wall though she didn’t seem injured beside the shrapnel in her shoulder. On the other hand the sound of fighting was coming from the science lab, Sarah and Lena were fighting!
Last edited by tigra9 on Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:55 pm

Stephen could barely crawl. He had to get to where he could promote himself. Surely such a spot wasn't far away...

Taki blasted through the doors again, rushing to aid the ex-nun. When she saw the girl's condition she was torn for an instant. Help the nun or help Lena? She rushed to aid her King. That was where her priority had to lie. So what if she had a broken arm? With her last breath if need be, she charged to help Lena against Serah.

The fireball simply washed over Mei. The catgirl was singed but her aura let the worst of it splash away. She was being forced to divert her attention from the enemy Queen and she knew it. She cursed to herself as she focused her attention to Ravel.

Then came the kick. She did not expect the sheer power behind the blow. Her aura, her will, her natural defenses crumpled for that instant. Mei managed not to black out from the pain that came from her dislocated shoulder. Her scream of pain was involuntary.

Broken pipes that had been dripping water suddenly became a violent flood of freezing water. The water flooded the battle zone almost instantly. Her fire wheels zipped off in different directions to home in on Ravel's backup, each carrying differing status effects. Poison, slow, frighten, psionic, drains of all kinds were sent after her attackers.

She had lost sight of the Queen. Surely she was on her way to Lena already. She had to deal with these attackers NOW, ruined shoulder or not, or everything was lost. Lena didn't stand a chance alone...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:41 pm

Lois suddenly stopped and quickly dashed grabbing Stephen and forcing her way through the door as a blast of flame came from the room above them filling the room they had been in with a sea of flames. “A freaking one way barrier on top of that? Who the hell on that side can do that?!”

The pawns assisting Ravel fell to the flame wheels but the knight Karlamine eliminated them with her European style sword and if Mei tried to make more Isabelle would disrupt her with a heavy blow towards that opening.

Ravel for her part directed Isabelle and Karlamine for a distance and launching fire balls at mei in rhythm with the other twos attacks, if Mei changed her focus on who she was targeting the others would strike at the openings the cat girl’s techniques left. Even if Mei landed a blow on Ravel she just regenerated same as her elder brother, clearly she was weaker then Mei but with this three person combo and her immortality they could stall Mei easily.

When taki passed the door frame into the science lab the wall right next to her exploded, the chalk from the small chalkboard and erasers making a cloud that faded to expose Lena pretty much sitting on the counter blood trickling down the right side of her face which had forced her to close her right eye, in her lower left hand was a black sword with a dragon style hand guard, both her upper arms were clearly hanging limp, the left one looking heavily burnt.

“And this is why I asked you please just surrender Vladilena-Sama… I don’t take joy in torturing such an esteemed lady… look at yourself, your beautiful silver hair now looks like you took a bath in flour and blood has stained your face.” Sarah spoke from across the room, her clothes looked singed and she had a few spots of red skin as if she had been splashed in a great deal of heated water but compared to Lena she was in much better shape.

Lena forced herself off the counter “if I just bent my knee in surrender then I might as well disregard my heritage… I’d rather fall upon the enemy sword then bend knee just to save myself pain and suffering” she took up a stance pointing her blade forward and gripping the handle with both her still functioning arms, her sacred gear has spared her body the worst of the damage besides her left arm but she was still hurting, she had noticed taki which relieved her but she understood their chances were still low.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:27 pm

Taki tore across the room with her tetsubo in her good hand. Sarah was insanely dangerous, but Taki owed Lena so much...she had to take action against the enemy Queen or die trying. The club she swung had all of the rook's Giant-powered might behind it...a true swing for the bleachers.

Stephen's brain was too tired to come up with anything.

"Cheating bastard," he snarled. "Get me to a place I can promote myslef to...maybe I can take out the supports holding up the barrier,"

Mei clenched her teeth as she was forced to the defensive. There was no chance of reinforcements. There were just too many and they were too well coordinated. She had to do something...

Spoilsport.

If she had to go down, she was going to go down in a way that everyone would remember. She kept up her defenses and began to send her powers into a feedback loop. Her energy began to build into dangerous levels as she held her shields in place. The self-immolation was going to be one for the ages...even Sarah could feel the power going into overload above her...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:29 am

Lois frowned “his base only includes the room he is in… and promotion won’t restore your stamina just burn through more” she turned her attention “then I guess it’s plan b… Stephen you rest and then when you’ve recovered enough to walk go back to the enemy servants we are gonna have to take them out and fulfill the other win condition”

Ravel sensing the change in Mei’s aura shouted “are you mad!? If you do that the harm will be irreversible! Even Phoenix tears can only do so much to treat internal damage!! This isn’t a life or death match!” She was clearly afraid, Isabelle and Karlamine quickly taking measures to escape the danger zone, it wouldn’t be enough to kill Ravel but it would definitely take them out!

Sarah smiled seeing taki charge at her and ducked under the tetsubo throwing up a small ball of energy that exploded in taki’s face, not enough that it would take the rook out but enough to temporarily knock her senses out of whack especially sight. Though she hmmed looking towards the ceiling as she felt Mei’s energy surge “oh my, a reckless queen for a reckless king”

Lena had moved to dash in and follow up on taki’s swing but stopped and her head quickly turned “MEI!!!” She shouted in alarm and quickly put a hand out starting to weave a spell, no way in hell was she letting her queen cripple herself!!!

Sarah however just gave a disapproving smile “ahh… sorry about this Vladilena-sama…. But you let your guard down” she had rushed forward and was now centimeters from Vladilena an explosion spell at the ready. All that resounded after that was an explosion enough to make the air shake…

And a single line from Artoria came over the magic speakers so that everyone heard it “Vladilena Eligos, King retired, Victory goes to Kise Phenex”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:05 pm

Stephen had managed to stagger a few steps before they explosion went off.

"No..."

He fell. Tears of frustration burned.

"NO!" Mei screamed in denial. Her mistress was strong! Nothing could stop her this easily!

Her despair cancelled the feedback loop. The energy dispersed in a destructive blast all around her. She hung in midair, unwilling to accept the horrible truth.

They had failed. They were slaves to the Phoenix clan.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 am

Lois hearing the announcement dropped to her knees “Lena…” she spoke her head bowing forward as at that time circles appeared under the servants teleporting them all into a white hospital room with attendants at the ready checking over everyone and treating the injured servants.

From the moment Lena’s servants arrived at the room Lena would be laying on a bed unconscious, a nurse and doctor standing over her treating her with a mixture of what looked like medical devices and a clear liquid in a vial that they poured a drop at a time on her wounds. Lena was covered in a mixture of burns from the explosion that took her out and the wounds she had before.

Mikleo after they were teleported out stood there gripping his arm, in terms of damage his clothes were clearly damaged in spots and he looked a bit dirty from fighting but relatively unharmed, he just silently watched Lena’s treatment, his eyes betraying the otherwise calm demeanor his body language gave.

Ariana after they arrived was scooped up by a couple nurses and put on a bed while they went to work on treating her shoulder.

Lois didn’t move, didn’t speak just sitting in the floor limply.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:15 am

Stephen was staring to get this stamina back. He wished he was unconscious.

He and Mikleo were going to be cast out. Lena and the girls were all going to be sex slaves to that...scum.

He didn't know enough about Devil politics or law to see a way out.

"There has to be something," Stephen said to himself as he sat miserably on a waiting couch.

Mei was also being attended to. Like Stephen, she looked like she wished she were unconscious. Or dead.

Taki was curled up in a ball on a bed. She'd had to be sedated. Her arm had been healed, at least.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 pm

“Well don’t you all look like a sorry lot” came a female voice, it was Lena’s mother though Stephen had not met her yet, her husband was with her but she simply looked over the conscious servants

Mikleo turned to look at Reina and snapped out “we failed… what should we be if not angry or in despair!”

Reina’s eyes went wide briefly at Mikleo snapping, he was usually the calmest of the bunch. However her surprise lasted only a second before she let her aura flare “then pick yourselves up the lot of you! Do you think my dear Lena won’t be depressed? She bet it all on this match and hoped you wouldn’t hold back any of your strengths!” She walked over and in order slapped on the cheek Mei, Lois, and Mikleo last though he got the hardest smack of all as it made him collapse gripping his cheek “what me and my husband and son watched was a poor excuse for you three…” she looked at lois “when you realized a barrier had been erected why didn’t you rush to the floor above? You hesitated and lost a chance to either rush Kise or rush back to help Mikleo or Mei.”

Reina turned to Mikleo “you purposely screwed up your spells wasting energy needlessly to keep up this stupid act of yours, your a genius and everyone here accepts you for who you are so why do you think you’ll remain atop a lonely pillar?” She then turned to Mei walking back over to the girl and standing ominously in front of her.

“You were pinned and unable to break it easily but why resort to at best crippling yourself?! Lena left herself open and was defeated acting to SAVE YOU!” She did a back hand slap to Mei’s other cheek “it’s your job to support her but how can a corpse support my daughter? Even had she won if it came at that price she’d rather forfeit and I can’t say I’d blame her” she reached into where Mei kept her paper slips and pulled one out “this is a talisman you can use to create a barrier yes? Then why not use some to form a barrier around yourself, even if it broke after one good attack it would atleast but you time to move.” The talisman suddenly lit of fire and burnt up leaving not even ashes “be smarter about your power Mei, your weakness is you would rather go on a big rampaging display then make the most of the least of your abilities”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:45 pm

Mei took the slap but didn't react. She looked away from the woman with a listless, lost expression.

"Post-game quarterbacking isn't going to help either," Stephen managed to say. "They only important thing now is...what are our options now?"

Taki remained catatonic.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:14 pm

Mikleo stayed silent as he had been told off by Reina and just looked away ashamed

Reina for her part looked at Stephen “there is nothing to be done. The wager was that Lena would marry Kise in a few days time should she lose… and that she has done” she stated matter of factly looking towards her daughter “in terms of what will be done about you servants… that is not mine or my husbands place to decide” she let out a small sigh “telling you post game of your mistakes may not seem appropriate but right now that is something these three need. In life your only given one chance, if you don’t learn and grow from failure you survive then there was no point in failing” she looked at all the servants “you all should prepare yourselves, regardless of the result things will be changing for all of you” she walked over to put a hand on her husbands shoulder “come on dear, we’ve seen our daughter so it’s time to go do the paperwork and speak with the Phenex family”

(I know it’s been a long time but Lena’s father and Maou Lucifer are your characters)
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:29 pm

"Give them my condolences," Stephen said as he started to get out of bed. "For their loss."

He suddenly froze as Lena's father glared at him. He simply couldn't move.

"While I sympathize," the senior devil said without any of the humor he usually sported. "Kise is beyond your ability to harm. Even with all your skills. You would be committing suicide. In truth, your odds of success were poor to begin with. You were outnumbered, outgunned, and inexperienced.

"But since you have so much energy," he added. "You and Mikleo will see to the well-being of your peers. This is officially out of your hands."

He put a comforting arm around his wife as he left.

Stephen stared at the floor.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay