Fragmented Chain (pokemon rp between me and Pachirisu)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Fragmented Chain (pokemon rp between me and Pachirisu)

Postby Sparktail » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Sun was shining in the cerulean sky over the Kantoan forests, wind was refreshing while not too bothering and the temperature was warm. The day was announcing itself as to be an enjoyable one, member of the elitist club of those rare days where nothing would go wrong. Of course, this was the reality of the human world nearby. In the depths of the forest, things were far from being perfect. At any moment, one creature would fall prey to a predator lurking by. Kits would fall sick, mothers would be killed, clans' stability would be disturbed by ongoing rivalries, battles for leadership and deadly encounters. This was a sick reality, but an unavoidable one nonetheless. In this brutal world, only the strongest survived to see another day. The chain linking every creature was a long one, solidified after eras of ecological upheavals. The strongest were holding the chain together and the weakest made it whole.

One of those animals was waking up on this early morning, looking happily at the ground far below her tree, where danger could be lurking. This animal knew her position in the chain. She was the weak, the feeble, the prey. Not that this ever prevented her from living happily. To her, each new day wasn't about surviving until the next one, but rather making it so it wouldn't be the last one for others. This animal, a white furred squirrel pokemon, had everything she needed to be happy. She had a mate, little ones that would one day grow to be healthy grown-ups and friends to help. Nothing would ever break that smile permanently stuck on her muzzle. Especially not on a perfect day like this one.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Fragmented Chain (pokemon rp between me and Pachirisu)

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:24 pm

Meanwhile, another pokemon was up and about. He was a born predator, and had been one for as long as he could remember.

He quickly caught the scent of a Pachirisu.

"The hunt is on." he chuckled to himself as he raced in the direction of the scent.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:19 am

Her paws resting on one of the most solid branch of her tree, the squirrel quickly examined her surroundings. From her highpoint, nothing seemed to be going wrong. This view was thoroughly flawed by the fact she didn't possess all the information needed to get the whole picture. Sight was her only useful sense from this position and she could only see what wasn't obstructed by a branch, a tree or vegetation. This last element was what made her analysis of the situation so wrong. Had she been a squirrel in a park, it would have been far from being a problem, but in the vicinity of her tree, saying the vegetation was heavy would have been an understatement. When it wasn't the one of those bushes spawning around everywhere (and so few of them being berry bushes, the only ones she actually cared about) and blocking her view, it was high grass, leafs or anything else that was marked of the color green.

This lack of knowledge about the real risks of climbing down her tree at this time of the day never stopped the pachirisu from doing it every day to gather food. As such, she had determined that it was alright to do so right now. Before the actual decision could reach her very limited conscious mind, her body was already set in motion. In a blur, the young creature had gripped the bark of her tree, her claws digging into in and out of its surface at incredible speed. If pachirisu had any advantage over other her rodent cousins, it was indubitably their speed. Real energy factories, the squirrel pokemon used their mastery of electricity, along with their aerodynamic and light frame, to accelerate and optimize the energy consumption process of their muscles, rendering them able for quick and precise motions, of which the control required a large portion of their brain. For this tremendous advantage, shear brain power was the prize they had to pay.

Then again, for a creature like this quick pokemon, lacking thinking ability wasn't that much of a loss, as one unknowing of the things he lacked had no reason to complain about them. Maybe it was for the best right now, for the small rodent had now set foot on the forest floor, her fate now in the hands of nature’s mercy.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:21 am

It was then that the Arcanine spotted his victim. It was a tasty Pachirisu.

"You're mine!" he yelled out as he leaped out of the brush.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:52 pm

A split second after setting foot on the ground, the pachi ears caught up with the sound of the predator ready to make his move. The wave flew through her ears, transmitted into her brain with the combined work of precise internal bones movements and electrical transformation of those tiny movements. Soon enough, the signal came to her brain and was registered as being a threat. Almost instantly, before the beast had actually decided to pounce, she wasn't on the ground anymore. Her legs had liberated a powerful burst of energy in one shot, making her shoot up her tree on instinct. Once she was high enough, she turned around, still clinging on the tree's surface ten feet above the ground. It was time to see what was really down there that had forced her to act like this.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:28 pm

The Arcanine could only look stunned at the speed at which his prey had moved.

He recovered quickly though.

"Come down here so I can eat you." he growled.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:57 pm

When she stared at the ground below, the white pokemon was forced to retreat farther up her tree. She couldn't simply believe the size of that creature that had appeared so quickly near her tree. It was huge! According to her view of it, the monster was at least six times higher than she was and many more time longer. It's orange and black fur danced around the wind, bearing the same color of warning as those human road signs. Like human objects, seeing this fur was far from being a good sign. This beast had approached her with the intent of hurting her or worse. Maybe it was here to kill her, like all those beasts had tried to do before and would still try to do in the future. But the scariest feature of the large dog-like pokemon wasn't its size or its colors, but its large, pointy and dangerous teeth. If the pokemon had wanted it, it could use them to break her and open her. She didn't want any of that pain.

Acting like she had been expected to, she stayed at a safe distance from the Arcanine, staring fearfully at it. "B-but..." she muttered shakily, looking down. "…eating hurt! I don't wanna be eaten. Can't we be friends instead? I'm Magic and I'm nice!"
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:03 pm

"Friends?" the Arcanine laughed. "I'm Shade, and I don't need friends!" he said as he headbutted the tree.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:31 pm

He might have rammed into the tree, but he did it too late. If Magic could be described in one word, it would be speed. It wasn't only because of her ability to dash against the tree surfaces, the ground and even shallow water with her incredible momentum, but also of her skill to anticipate the moves of her enemies. It wasn't so much that she could be aware of the action before the thought produced it, as that would have required psychic powers, but she was so fast that time seemed to be flowing on slowdown when she was focused. Unfortunately for him, she had started to focus at the moment Shade had first talked and shown signs of having bad intents. It was only instinctual precaution, but it served her well at this point. When the huge wolf had struck the tree, Magic wasn't hugging the surface of the great tree anymore.

Instead, she was flying through the air, the result of a well timed jump and release of energy. Her goal, as strangely as it would seem, wasn't the branch ahead of her. In replacement of it, she aimed for the ground, using a berry bush to soften her landing. Before anything else could be accomplished, she was standing on her legs, looking at the predator calmly, but ready to run away if she had to.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Shade was once again stunned at the speed that Magic had moved in.

He could only sputter. "How'd you move so fast!?!" he gasped, wide-eyed.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:03 pm

A soft smile returned on the small squirrel muzzle. She knew that the situation wasn't one that would end well, but it was hard to resist the compliment of being told that she was fast. Her speed was, obviously, the aspect of herself that she held in the highest esteem. It was a multi-functional ability that transected her simplest needs, to become part of her inner soul. She was not only fast, she was the incarnation of speed. Her voice, her movements, her decisions, nothing was slow. Everything was executed with a precision that surpassed everything a pachirisu should be. She was to a regular pachirisu what it was to a slowpoke. It was hard to explain, even to herself, but she was different from the others. And... this implied a few additional duties, tasks she would have done without.

"That's how I am! I'm Magic!" told the white rodent to the larger pokemon, calming her urges to proceed to the next part of her defense protocol. There was still a chance for her to convince the huge dog of changing his mind. "But... I really don't want to be eaten. Can you look elsewhere? I wouldn't have to run instead of getting food and you wouldn't have to run after me. Running gets tiring, after a long time. It's a nice idea for everyone!" she said with a wider smile. Hopefully, this would do. Her body was still ready to rush away if he moved, but not having to do so would be better, either way.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Shade shook off his amazement. "No way! You're mine!" he called out as he leaped at Magic, with the intention of eating her.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:22 pm

The squirrel had no intention of making it so easy for the large dog. As soon he jumped, she had moved, leaving her former position vacant. Propelled by the seemingly endless energy inside her body, she had run about twenty feet away, coming to a stop again. Like she had said before, she had no intention of being eaten, but she didn't want to let this predator go either. While she could still convince him of giving up on her, she would. If and when she wouldn't be able to....

She didn't even want to think about what would happen. It was just too horrible to imagine in her tiny brain. There were memories that often just begged to stay hidden and this situation made many of those come back to surface. No... she wouldn't let another one disappear again. Not while it could still be prevented.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Shade quickly rushed at Magic.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Once again, Magic reacted the same as she did the last two times. She rushed out of the way, stopped a few feet away and stared at Shade. Now, she was becoming tired of this little game. She wouldn't be able to go that way for long. More and more worried that her nightmare might come true again, she talked to the predator, her voice filled with a pleading tone this time. "Stop... stop trying to eat me. Bad things will happen if you do... very bad and scary things. And not to me. Please... go away... find another pachi... any other... or anything else... please... I don't want to see the bad images again!"
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:30 pm

"The only bad thing that'll happen, will happen to you!" Shade said as he lunged at Magic again.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Magic sighed sadly. She had tried, but this beast didn't listen to common sense. He didn't know what would happen to him, but now, it was nearly too late. She had given her best to convince him otherwise, but he had refused. Simply giving up and going back to her tree wouldn't solve the problem. She knew it too much. There was only one thing to do in this case, something that always seemed to happen. Running away at a decent speed so her attacker would follow, she set herself a new destination. From there, only one would come back alive, most probably. With any luck, the worse wouldn't happen.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:35 pm

Shade chased after Magic.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Sparktail » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:53 am

The chase didn't last long. About two-hundreds feet from her tree was hidden a small cave, with an opening large enough to fit any predator. This cave was dark, small and was a complete dead end. This major disadvantage didn't bother the female squirrel much, because she ran straight into the cave and hugged the deepest wall, trapped like a rat. It looked dire for her, but this was all part of the protocol. It was important to make sure no one would see a squirrel being attacked by a predator. It was the good reputation of this part of the forest that depended on it.
Sparktail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:43 am

Shade also ran into the cave. "I have you now!" he sneered. "You can't escape!"

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Next

Return to Private Roleplay