Forest of the Friendly Fennec (Me and Arkain)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Forest of the Friendly Fennec (Me and Arkain)

Postby Mellorine » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Name: Firchio
Species: Fennec fox
Height: 153 ft.

Firchio was almost always alone in his neck of the woods. He was sulking, and walking slowly through a thicket, keeping the small hope alive that he would meet somebody again.
Mellorine
???

Re: Forest of the Friendly Fennec (Me and Arkain)

Postby Arkain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Name: Arkain
Species: Anthro-lizard
Height: 8 ft.

Arkain sighs deeply walking through a thick part of the forest trying to get through it before it got dark. The noon day sun beating down beating down on him making the going even tougher. He knew he had quite a ways to go. He gave up on being stealthy now crashing through the thick woods. He didn't care. He looks up for a tree to climb so he can make sure hes going the right way.
Arkains pic. https://photos.app.goo.gl/JSVMJfVz4hoFVMUv5

Profile: Read my blog

I may be crazy but I have a good time. Life's been good to me so far.
Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Firchio jumped as his large, pointy ears picked up a rustling from deep in the woods. Wether it was harmless or a threat, he wanted to go towards whatever it was to see for himself. The fennec was so excited that he ran towards where he heard the sound, making the earth tremble around his surroundings as he dashed through the thicket.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Arkain's sharp ears pick up sound of someone moving in the distance. He turns to look about but can't see anything. Suddenly he starts to feel the ground shake. It shakes so much it drops him to a knee. He can tell by the sound of the noise its cause by huge footsteps and they heading his way very quickly. He knows by the sound of the foot steps once place he does not want to be is on the ground. He quickly leaps up into a tree and quickly climbs up. He stops when he gets to some strong branches and holds on tight and starts to look for the sound of the noise.

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:24 pm

Firchio had arrived at the place where he heard the mysterious sound. He looked around, but saw nothing. However, he wasn't willing to give up just yet and turn around. Something told the young fennec that whatever was hiding from him, it was close by. "Hello? Is anyone there?" Firchio asked excitedly, with his long tail wagging uncontrolably behind him, fanning a breeze over the unknown creature hiding in a tree.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Arkain turns seeing what looked strangely like a pair of large red furry legs next to him. He starts to look up and up even higher. He can't believe what he sees. If he didn't know better, he could swear that looked like a giant fox. He cringes hearing the fox call out. He must have picked up his scent but he can't see him. The fox does not sound like hes on the hunt for him. Sounds quite friendly in fact. He suddenly blown backwards a large gust of wind from the foxes tail. He was glad he was holding on. He gives a sharp whistle yells up to the fox. "Whoooo there. Easy with that tail or your going to blow me away. I am right down here in the tree!"

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 pm

At last, Firchio's search for the hiding creature had ended. He had heard someone whistling, followed by a voice from up in the tree tops, telling him to quit wagging his tail. The sandy-furred fennec turned around, his excitment building up. He sniffed a tree that his tail was wagging on before, and found a tiny lizard. "Yay! I finally found someone here!" Firchio cried out happilly.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:10 am

Arkain holds on to branch tightly feeling the air being sucked up when the huge fox sniffs about the tree. "Damn hes big" He comments out loud. He looks up at you a bit confused by great excitement at finding him. Its like he hasn't seen anyone in a very long time but something about his enthusiasm and the way hes acting almost seems childish. This could work in his favor if he plays along with the fox. He might be able to get a ride out of this forest if things go right. He know doesn't want to try to run away from the fox. Becoming toe jam for the fox is something he does not want to happen.

Arkain smiles and waves up at the fox still holding on to the branch with his tail. He yells up. "Hi there. I am glad you found me too. Now lets not get too excited please. You are very big compared to me. You don't want to accidentally step on me do you? Oohh yes, my name is Arkain. What is yours?"

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Firchio got in for a closer look, prodding his moist, black nose against the lizard right before he replied. He then heard him speak. "You're the first person I've seen here in a long time. Of course I'm excited!" the fennec answered, wagging his tail again as his eyes lit up with youthful excitement. "My name's Firchio. But you can just call me Firch, Arkain." the fennec greeted the lizard.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Arkain chuckles trying to keep a calm friendly tone while feeling very nervous watching his huge black nose move right up against him. He rubs his nose gently and tries to back away from the prodding nose but quickly backs into the tree. "Really? That's too bad. You must be feeling rather lonely. I can see why not many people don't come by too often. This place is pretty remote." Arkain chuckles at his excitement. He smiles and rubs his nose. "Its a pleasure to meet Firch. You know you are the first fox I ever met as big as you and boy you are big. Are you the only one that lives around here?" He want to know if there are others his size he should be worried about.

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Firch gently closed his eyes and sighed contently, feeling his nose being rubbed. "No one ever comes to this part of the woods because they're all scared of me. I'm the biggest one here!" he boasted. "They all think I'll eat them because I'm bigger. There's alot of animals bigger than you, but you're safe with me, Arkain." the fennec reassured the lizard.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:12 am

Arkain grins when he sees Firch enjoys having his nose rubbed. He sees he's found a way to make him happy. This could be helpful down the road, though its far too close to his huge mouth for his comfort. He looks up at him and shakes his head sadly. "That you are. That's too bad." He swallows hard when he talks about others thinking he will eat them. He smiles and tries to remain calm. "Just because you are big, Firch, it is no reason to be afraid of you." He nods. "Thank you. That's good to know Firch. In my travels, I have met a number of creatures bigger than me. Most of them good, some were not. I feel much better knowing I am safe with you." He rubs your nose and gives it a warm nuzzle. He looks around then up at you. "It must be awkward for you to talk to me way down here. Its there some place around here where we can go where its easy for you to talk to me?"

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 am

Firch thought for a moment, contemplating Arkain's words. "You can climb on top of me if you want. There's a place near here that I always like to go, and I can take you there." the fennec offered, getting flat on his belly and lowering his chin to the ground. "You know, Arkain; I'm really glad that you're not scared of me." he said with a smile.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 pm

"Sure I can do that. I really would like to see that place." Arkain smiles and nods watching Firch drop down to the ground. He gulps hard hoping he knows what hes getting himself into. Foxes are well know to be very tricky. Arkain climbs quickly up his nose and carefully between the eyes. He moves next to one of his ears and sits down next to it and holds on to some fur. He chuckles. "I don't see any reason to be afraid of you.. To be honest Firch, you have not give me any reason to be. You have been very kind to me and you haven't tired to hurt me in any way. I feel safe around you and I appreciate that. " He rubs your ear gently.

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Firch got up after feeling Arkain get himself near one of his enormous, pointy ears. "Well, I'm so used to others running from me. I try to get them to talk to me by being nice, but that never works." he explained sadly, starting to walk towards the place he told Arkain he'd take him. Firch then perked up, forgetting those gloomy memories. "Okay. Are you ready, Arkain?" he asked with a bright smile.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:53 am

Arkain sighs sadly and rubs your ear again. "Well, that's just not nice when they run away like that, is it. Being nice always works, others just don't give you a chance. Its their loss" Arkain gets a firmer grip on your thick fur. He looks inside your ear. "Whoooh!" He can't believe how big and dark it is inside there. He could litterly fall in. He glups and hangs on tight. "You bet. Lets do it."

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:46 am

"Alright! Here we go!" Firch announced, making a quick dash through the woods, making the trees pass by them in a green blur. The cutting wind brushed past the fennec, giving his sandy fur a cool blow. After several minutes of running, they found themselves near a stream. Firch picked up his pace, and made a long leap across to the other side. "Woohoo!" he yelled out, laughing as he flew over and landed.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Arkain is very glad he was holding on tightly. The take off was so fast he could feel him hands slide though his fur. He manages to move himself so he is braced against your ear. He looks down and gasps seeing the trees go by in a blur. "WHoooh, you are fast, Firch." He is glad he did not attempt to run away from him. He sits up a little enjoying the cool breeze against his skin. He sees a big stream coming up. He would have to swim across that one. He feels their pace pick up. "You aren't thinking of jumping...... Oh crap!" He holds on tight expecting a huge splash. He feels them land and the happy Woohoo from Firch. He takes a deep breath and laughs. "Yeeehaw. That was fun. Boy, That was an excellent leap Firch. You sure are quick on your feet."

Arkain
???

Postby Mellorine » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Despite having made that jump countless times before, Firch still felt a sharp rush of adrenaline after leaping over the stream. "Well, jumping far like that is really important to living out here." he explained. "But, doing it for the first time was really scary for me, especially 'cuz I tried doing it in a storm. I'll never forget how I fell in the water and was too weak to swim back to shore. But, the current took me to a little lake, and I found my way back." the fennec told Arkain reminiscently as he walked towards their destination.
Mellorine
???

Re:

Postby Arkain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Arkain chuckles. "I can see that." He sighs and shakes his head. "I can see where falling in the water like that for one as big as you could be scary. All this fur being wet could make you very heavy. I am glad everything worked out OK for you." Arkain relaxes his grip feeling him start to walk. He lets go one hand and rubs his ear. He starts to wonder how far they have traveled. He starts to look about taking advantage of his being way up there. He needs to have some idea where he is so he can find the quickest way out. But they have traveled into an area he doesn't recognize. He sighs knowing he can't ask the fox for directions. Hes stuck here for now.

Arkain
???

Next

Return to Private Roleplay