"The Pyramid"- Private RP between Gold and Arkain

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

"The Pyramid"- Private RP between Gold and Arkain

Postby Arkain » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:57 am

Arkain, an 8 foot anthro-lizard walks through the deepest part of Yucatan Peninsula jungle in Mexico. He is a noted anthropologist and treasure hunter. He has found clues of a long lost Pyramid said be hidden in the deepest Mexican jungle. His crew has all abandoned him when they heard that Pyramid was protected by an ancient creature that is said to guard the Pyramids secrets and location. No one who has sought after the Pyramids treasure has ever returned. With this new map and the stories he has heard. Arkain is trying a new location that no one else has tried. He is very confident he will be the one to find the Pyramid and all its treasures.
Arkains pic. https://photos.app.goo.gl/JSVMJfVz4hoFVMUv5

Profile: Read my blog

I may be crazy but I have a good time. Life's been good to me so far.
Arkain
???

Re: "The Pyramid"- Private RP between Gold and Arkain

Postby goldelite » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:22 pm

The air was warm and humid, the thick vegetation would sometimes block the road but wasn't a big problem, the ground sometimes was slippery due to the rocks. Arkain would notice the lack of animals the closer he would get to the Pyramid's area, maybe cause for thousands of years, people lived near there...or maybe for something else, the sky though, was bright blue, some exotic birds flying from here to there when noticing Arkain's presence, also he would notice a strange feeling when getting quite near the pyramid's area, like something being around but the vegetation was to thick like to see something through it, Arkain would find soon a little road leading to the very dephs of the jungle, and possibly to the Pyramid's entrance.
goldelite
???

Postby Arkain » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am

Arkain wipes his brow its wet with sweat from the relentless heat and humidity. His thick hide protects him to some point. He likes the jungle. HE has spent allot of time in it studying it. That's why he has been so successful where others had failed finding treasures lost in jungles around the world. The thick vegetation was no big deal for his sharp claws. He slips on some rocks. Rocks that look like the right type to build pyramids. He is getting close. He also noticed the jungle didn't sound as noisy. He scans around noticing a lack of the usual animals. Very odd. He quickly looks up seeing some exotic birds fly off. He stops and sniffs the air. He has a very good sense of smell. He doesn't smell anything new. No native tribes protecting the pyramid. This pyramid is protected by the jungle. He can feel it. But things are starting to feel different. He knows hes getting close to something. he jungle does not give up its secrets easily. He looks about very carefully. Then he moves through some thick brush. Then he sees it. A path leading into a much deeper and darker part of the jungle. Normally, he wouldn't go down that path alone but he can feel he's so close to the pyramid he can taste it. He takes in a deep breath and heads down the path confident he will find the pyramid.

Arkain
???

Postby goldelite » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:19 am

Arkain could feel a strange warm scent coming from inside the dark path, actually, the plants were in a weird position, like the entrance to the darker part of the jungle was...of course! Arkain found himself infront of the pyramids entrance, but strangely enough, there was no stone around, was like the jungle and plants made a organic temple, or maybe tried to protect it and hide it, anyway, once Arkain would go inside, some light would come from inside the green walls, creating a bit scary image of the temple's insides, no rock could be seen, just the plants covering everywhere, even Arkain would need to cut green walls covering the path leading deeper to the Pyramid, but he would need to be careful, cause the kind of pyramid was already strange, so maybe he would encounter a trap soon, sooner than he would expect, suddenly he would hear a little "click" and suddenly the entrance would block, and at the same time, many arrors would get shot towards his direction from the blocked entrance, this was a usual and simple trap, and many arrows would be so old that some just were shot half broken, without the deadly pointy ending, but Arkain would again find himself being watched by someone...or something, though the entrance was blocked and the path leading to the pyramid's core was empty, he felt like someone watching every of move he would do
goldelite
???

Postby Arkain » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:57 pm

Arkain walks cautiously down the dark path. He notices something very odd about the plants. They were shaped differently like they just opened to a hidden dark part of the jungle. What was he walking into? Is it possible this the entrance of the pyramid. He pushes aside some of the plants wanting to see if he could find any hieroglyphics on the wall but he couldn't find any stones. Perhaps the jungle has overgrown the area so thickly the stones were covered. That would explain why he can't see them. It is still very odd. What he wouldn't give to have a guide or two in front to check for traps and cut through this thick vegetation but no one would join him. They were all too scared of the creature that is suppose to dwell in there. Arkain often found that those dangerous creatures were often traps and other gimmicks to scare people like him away.
Arkain pushes ahead slashing away at all dense foliage being extra careful where he places each step. He suddenly hears a little click. Crap. He knows that sound. A trap. He drops low to the ground. His senses sharpen greatly. Half of his tail immediately gets very thick hard. He hears entrance behind him shut. He was expecting that. He quickly picks up the sound of arrows coming at him. He leaps into the air skillfully dodging many of them. His tail swings at the others easily breaking them. He found that rather odd. He picks up an arrow and sees that many of the arrows were so old that they broke when they were released. He is careful with them. He is sure the poison is still good on the tip of the arrow. He chuckles. The outer defenses have really done their job if its been this since this trap was released. Arkain stops and pauses. He stands there not moving. Just listening. He is being watched. He can feel it. But by what? He can't go back. He's come this far. No ways hes turning back. He is going to find what's inside this pyramid. He starts to walk forward deeper inside the pyramid towards what ever adventure lies ahead.

Arkain
???

Return to Private Roleplay