The Part-Time Adventurer (GeneticMess and Layab547)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: The Part-Time Adventurer (GeneticMess and Layab547)

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:50 pm

That was...somewhat comforting, at least. "I'm moreso afraid as to what he could do once we get back to the guild rather than before hand."

As Cinder descended from her spot atop the cart, Avery swiftly turned to face her. "Oh, um..." He hesitated, not wanting to give Cinder the wrong message. "I don't think you'd be the best person to defuse this situation, unfortunately."

Meanwhile, he quietly glanced over in the direction of the cart where he last saw Iva. He knew she wasn't happy with him either, so it'd be best to keep a careful eye over her too...
Eka's Gallery (vore short stories):
https://aryion.com/g4/user/GeneticMess
GeneticMess
???

Postby Layab547 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:53 pm

"Personally, boy, I think you'd be better off worrying what the guild will do if they find out you can tame monsters." Aran frowned, casting a worried look at Cinder. "They's only in power because people need monsters killed."

"Humans hate to lose their rank." Cinder scoffed, even as she preened her feathers with her claws.
Layab547
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GeneticMess » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:05 pm

Even better reason to worry about what would happen once he returned to the Guild rather than beforehand. Proventus was far from alone in the ideal that monsters were nothing but menaces, Avery knew this well. He also knew he'd be making enemies once he went down this path, but he wasn't happy about the idea of making enemies with the guild...

"We'll...um, cross that bridge when we get to it." He sighed, the look on his face and the sound of his voice showing that his worries were starting to get to him.
GeneticMess
???

Postby Layab547 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:22 pm

"Master..." Luna was there, without warning, her cool face pressed against your cheek. "We have... a plan."

"Just leave to Goblin!" Pepper smirked, now up on Betty's back, as the dancer took your hand.

"You have nothing to fear from the guild yet." She whispered, smiling happily. "While Proventus is an unwelcome guest, the wagon party will speak for you. The monsters will stay with me, while you return to your guild leader after successfully completing your first quest."

Aran looked between you and the girls, before nodding.

"I'll be sure to tell my folks to be careful what they say around town. Talk of this fine woman's performance would cause quite the stir... But none of us want to be seen as crazy, so they should all keep quiet 'bout what we've seen." He placed a hand on your shoulder, while ruffling Luna's hair. "You saved our hides, boy. You can count on us."

"We should get moving. Let me know when you're ready."
Layab547
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GeneticMess » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:57 am

Lily, Pepper, Betty, and even Aran. As everyone came to his side, Avery was left genuinely speechless...before giving the biggest smile he could muster.

"...T-thank you, everyone. Now I'm REALLY glad I have all of you." He thanked each and every one of them, looking happier than any of them had seen him before. He took a moment to let it all sink in.

"Alright, no time like the present, then." Avery finally came back to his senses. "We should head back out as soon as possible."
GeneticMess
???

Postby Layab547 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:58 am

The party began to load up. What carts could be salvaged were filled with whatever supplies and cargo had survived the Phoenix attack, and thankfully most of the livestock had survived (save for the horse from the guild) so there was someone to pull the heavy wagons.

You saw no more of Proventus or Iva while loading up, and Aran made room for your party in the back of a covered wagon. It was almost entirely filled with crates, by a back corner had barely enough space for all of you. If you needed to get out, then the boxes could be climbed on an over. Overall, not the best travel situation, but it was better than walking.

So it was that the party started on their way back to the guild. Luna was sitting in your lap, asleep. Betty sat across from you, so close that you legs overlapped, cradling a clearly exhausted Pepper who was stubbornly refusing sleep. The young woman was also nestled in the lap of Cinder, who had passed out quite a while ago, and was drooling out of the side of her mouth.
Layab547
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GeneticMess » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:26 pm

As everyone had gotten comfortable, Avery found it extremely difficult to rest, uneasiness looming over him like the plague. He'd stare out whatever window he could (and if he couldn't find one, he'd just stare at the maze of crates before them) for an hour or two.

Still unable to rest, he started running his fingers through Luna's hair to calm himself. He then did the same to whoever was fast asleep. After that, he finally lost whatever energy was keeping him up, and slept like a brick with his head resting on Betty's shoulders.
GeneticMess
???

Postby Layab547 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:36 pm

[Encounter Chance: %3]

You didn't awaken until the party stopped to camp that night, Aran moving some of the boxes to let your group get out an stretch their legs... You all needed it.

You still didn't see Proventus, but you did come across Iva near one of the campfires. She hadn't noticed you yet, but before you could do anything, Cinder was next to you.

"Let me speak with this human child..." She whispered, her eyes shining. "I believe I can find... Common ground with her."
Layab547
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GeneticMess » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Avery still looked pretty groggy as they got out to stretch. Awake enough, at least, to spot Iva out of the corner of his eye. He was curious where she had ended up after their previous encounter...

Before he knew it, Cinder was at his side, offering to help smooth things out with her.

"Sure thing. I'll just tag along behind you...a decent distance behind you." Avery was still a bit hesitant to step near Iva again, ever since she threatened him with her gun...
GeneticMess
???

Postby Layab547 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:27 am

Cinder giggled at your hesitance, her wings expanding as she began to walk over to the guard. Iva glanced up and, seeing the Phoenix approaching, promptly did nothing but stare as the bird stood over her.

"Hello, child." Cinder smiled, her wings relaxing, as she began to emit a very slight heat. Very welcome on a cold desert night, honestly.

"H-hey..." Iva stammered, not having noticed you yet. There was a moment of awkward silence, with Cinder never breaking eye-contact with the girl, before Iva finally turned her head away in embarrassment. "Can I help you, Ms. Phoenix?"

Iva was oddly polite to the monster who had murdered the other guards.

"Yes..." Cinder purred, turning to look at you and grin for a moment. "It is quite a lonely night... please, come lay with me."

Iva choked on a drink she didn't have.
Layab547
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:44 pm

The whole time, Avery stood quietly behind Cinder and her wingspan, staying as stiff as a board. However, he couldn't help but peek past her wings now and then. As Crimson started emitting a warm heat, Avery couldn't help but huddle even closer to her.

And then, the Phoenix briefly gave him a grin. What was she planning...?

Avery reacted in a similar way to Iva.

"A-are you sure this is the b-best idea?" He whispered to Crimson anxiously. "I don't know w-what exactly, but she has somekind of grudge with me over you guys. A-a grudge she was willing to settle with her gun..."
GeneticMess
???

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay