Out of the Vault and into the Wasteland

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Out of the Vault and into the Wasteland

Postby PregFan10 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:26 am

Herold is a 18 year old dweller of Vault 002, though he prefers to be called Henry. He and his mentor Daniel just successfully tested a new modification for their Pip-Boys. A radio transmitter so that they could communicate through the Pip-boy (like a walkie talkie). Daniel being satisfied with the results of the test decides to send Henry home early and with an extra transmitter so that he could install it into his girlfriends Pip-Boy. Excited to do so, he rushes off to his girlfriends place and knocks on her door. "Hey Eve! You there?"
PregFan10
Participator

Re: Out of the Vault and into the Wasteland

Postby Deletedb3498ti324 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 am

There is an unusual pause before the door to the dwelling decides to slide open. Vault "Swing" Radio is broadcasting musically in the background as Evelyn stands in the doorway of her small home with her small hands together, her thumbs twisiting around themselves nervously. Evelyn looks up from the ground and meets Herolds blue eyes with her own hazels for a split second, forcing a smile to see her beloved boyfriend but unable to hide her emotions. She quickly looks away. "Henry... I'm glad you're here. I have something.. serious to tell you." As she finishes, her voice chokes at the end and she brings a hand to her mouth to hide her trembling lip. Her other hand does not leave her stomach. A bead of sweat rolls down her brow and her face looks hot, similar to a fever. A flash of fear displays itself on her expression.
Last edited by Deletedb3498ti324 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deletedb3498ti324
New to the forum

Postby PregFan10 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:07 am

Herold can't help to notice that it was taking a bit longer for Evelyn to answer. He was just about to walk away thinking that she was not home but then the door opened. A smile returned to his face but before he could get a word out he notice the look an her face. His excitement quickly gave way to concern. "Is everything alright?" He asked sounding very concerned. He had never seen her this nervous before. Henry closed the door behind him as he entered. He nervously gulps as Eve finishes speaking. "What is it babe?"
PregFan10
Participator

Postby Deletedb3498ti324 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:17 am

Evelyn was usually a fun loving, laughing, smiling sort who always displayed her happy personality, especially whenever Herold was near her. She had hoped that seeing him would ease her mind from the recent events that just took place, but now she wasn't so sure of herself. It vaguely comforted her the way Herold so quickly perceived the situation but half of her felt exposed, to early to tell him what she had just learned. Evelyns eyes met Herolds again and she took a quick breath before continuing, "Henry, I went to see Dr. Ellis today. You know, cause I haven't been feeling well and I've been throwing up a lot.." She bit her lip nervously, "He.. he did some tests. And.. I'm.."

"... Pregnant."
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Deletedb3498ti324
New to the forum

Postby PregFan10 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:43 am

Henry listened intently. His eyes not moving from hers. His heart pounding though his chest. "Mh-hm." He responded as Eve told him about seeing the doctor for not feeling well. As Herold heard that she was pregnant his face lit up. "That's ama..." Henry started to reply but then the grim reality hit him. No one under the age of 21 in Vault 002 was allowed to have children. If a woman under 21 was found to be pregnant or if the father of the child was under 21, the pregnancy would be terminated. This was because the Overseer deemed that anyone under 21 was too immature and lacked the experience to be a parent. "Oh" Henry needed to sit down to be able to take all of this in. "Have they... done, you know... IT, already?"
PregFan10
Participator

Postby Deletedb3498ti324 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:26 am

Well, the cat was out of the bag now. But no relief was found for Evelyn as the devastating truth crumbled even her knight. For a moment she saw what appeared to be sincere joy light up her lovers face and it made her heart skip a beat as she felt it, but just like a raider buzzed on Jet, the high wasn't good enough to last. Henry was brought down to her level and it took both hands to keep him on his feet til he was in her mother's armchair. Henry's following question confirmed he knew exactly how serious the consequences they faced, her especially. Evelyn shook her head, "No. Not yet. Dr. Ellis said he needed to talk to my parents about this. He didn't even say anything about the..." A knot formed in her throat and she swallowed it hard. She couldn't even say it. "He didn't say what they were going to do, but I'm scared Henry. I don't know what to do. I know I'm going to be in big trouble as soon as my parents return from the Cafeteria.. Dinner is almost over and they'll be off the clock" Herold began to blur as tears obscured her vision. The shock was just too much to keep a level head. When Evelyn had woken up today, she was oblivious to the fact she was already well along to 4 months of pregnancy. There was a small bulge forming already in her midsection, but until now she thought it was a reaction similar to bloating from the new food being served in the Cafeteria. As Herold sat keeping his composure, Evelyn rubbed his shoulder blades and upper back with the palm of her hand, clammy and trembling. " And then the Overseer is going to find out... All my friends are going to know... What do I say? What am I going to do? I'm so sorry!" Then she broke down completely and sobbed.
Deletedb3498ti324
New to the forum

Postby PregFan10 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:04 pm

Harold gave an audible sigh of relief hearing that the pregnancy has not been aborted yet. Though this pregnancy was by no means planned, he could not let Evelyn or the baby go though such a thing. Evelyn talking about her parents brought to his attention that he will be getting spiel from his parents when he got back. He shook his head knowing that it was not the priority right now. He placed his hands on hears as she was rubbing his shoulders and got up from the chair and came around to her and embraced her tightly. "Things will be okay babe. Just tell them the truth." He pulled back from the embrace and lifted Eve's chin up so he could look her straight in the eye. "I promise you that I will do what I can so that no harms you or our baby." Harry then rests a hand on Evelyn's small bump and a smile returns to his face.
PregFan10
Participator

Postby Deletedb3498ti324 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Harold's hugs were the best.. Evelyn loved how much taller he was than her and how it was easy for him to put his head on top when the two were pulled tight in an embrace. His arms felt very strong too, which was no shocker; she knew her best friend was the strongest, healthiest boy in the vault and that was reassuring. Evelyn simply melted in his chest as he comforted her with his confidence in the situation. She knew that as long as she could still have Harold, everything would be okay. They couldn't take that away... But still, there was a deep sadness in her heart that couldn't be comforted, and it was reminded to her as she felt Harolds' tough hand gently caress her small baby bump. This baby, which should've been a reason to celebrate, which should've had a chance to have a mommy and daddy had to be taken away the moment they had found out... It was so unfair. The vault was very clear on the subject.

Evelyn looks up at Harold with a defeated expression, "How are we going to keep the baby, Harry? The Overseer won't allow this to happen. It's too late. There's nothing we can do... Again, I'm so sorry about this babe. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I wish things were different." Evelyn kisses Harold softly on his cheek and tries to force a brave smile. "We'll be okay. I won't let anyone stop us from seeing each other even after all this. I love you."
Deletedb3498ti324
New to the forum

Postby PregFan10 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Herold grimaced at the though that there was nothing that could be done. He sighed as he felt his lover kiss him. "I love you too babe, but there got to be something we can do." He wanders out to the middle of the room and starts to pace as he think out loud "Well we could try to escape but we would need to find a way around, the, security, system..." His eyes brightened as he got an epiphany. Daniel and Harold not only worked with finding ways to upgrade the Pip-Boy but they also maintained them along with maintaining all of the other technologies in the Vault. Which include computer terminals and, conveniently enough, security systems. However, Harold was not allowed access to the security systems. Only Daniel had that privilege. Fortunately for Harold he knew how the terminals encrypts the passwords for their users so he is able to easily decrypt and use the password of pretty much anyone in the vault except the Overseer. His password is protected by the security system. Harold picked up this hacking skill a few years back from a book that he found while he was snooping around a restricted area of the vault after curfew.

Harold turned back towards Evelyn. "I've got it babe! We escape from the vault tonight. I can hack into the security system and disable the door locks and turrets. I can then give myself Overseer access so that we can open the vault door and make our escape." Harry practically said all of that in one breath, excited that he found a viable solution. "What do you think babe?"
PregFan10
Participator

Postby Deletedb3498ti324 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:15 pm

"Escape? Tonight?" Evelyn blinked, taking everything in at once. "Y-you think that could actually happen?" Harold surely was capable of such an act, this she knew. Her boyfriend was a genius when it came to Vault-tec and she also knew if he was serious about an idea he would do it. It just all sounded crazy! Leave the Vault? Could they really find a future out there?

But before another moment slipped away, she found herself nodding. "...Yes. okay, let's do it Harry. Let's leave this place together." She squeezed his hand tight and looked at him with faith, "If you say we should leave then I trust you babe. I'd follow you anywhere." Then she gave him a big hug, pressing her tummy up against his, and they both felt a tiny kick. "Oh my.. Hehe I've never felt that before. I guess the doc was right." Evelyn chuckled, placing Harolds hand on top of the area. "I want our baby to have a chance. I'll get started packing right away.. You better gather some things too. Just come find me when you're done. I'll meet you by the power reactor room so no one finds me." And with that she gave him a kiss before pushing him gently toward the door. "I'll grab medical supplies, some food, some books and stuff. And I'll lockpick my parents safe and take everything I can."
Deletedb3498ti324
New to the forum

Postby PregFan10 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:39 pm

A smile came to Herold's face as Evelyn agreed to the plan. "Awesome!" His face turns a light hue of red as he felt the baby's movements when Evelyn was hugging him. "Yea, I guess he was." Herold's face then returned to it's normal color. "Okay" He responds to that Eve will start packing. He nodded as she listed off the things that she was going to grab. "Okay. I think I'll grab some food and water as well, I'll also bring a couple of crowbars so we can defend ourselves along with some other small things." He feels Eve gently push him towards the door. "Okay I'll meet you by the Power Reactor in 2 hours then okay." He sees Evelyn nod and he goes back to his place.

What he completely forgot about was that his parents were home and that when he arrived back both of his parents grilled him about getting Eve pregnant and the rules of the vault. After about a half hour of this, Herold got fed up with his parents talking down to him and stormed off to his room. He then started packing. Making a small rucksack out of his bedding. He grabbed tools so that he could tinker on the Pip-boy if they get a free chance. An hour passed before his parents fell asleep and that he could grab anything else. He raided the fridge. Taking as much food and water as he could while leaving enough food and water for his family to get by for a day. Curfew started a half hour latter and that is when Herold made his way over to the power reactor. As he did so, he raided a storage closet and grabbed a police baton and a crowbar. He made it to the power reactor a minute later. "Eve? Eve, are you here?" He asked in a hushed tone in attempt to not draw any attention.

Last bumped by PregFan10 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:39 pm.
PregFan10
Participator

Return to Private Roleplay