Into the black depths... of SPACE! (Darian and Geneticmess)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Into the black depths... of SPACE! (Darian and Geneticme

Postby Darian » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:21 am

"Mmm, maybe we will. If the samples are free. We don't exactly have much money right now." Kelly leaned back into her seat... though sat bolt upright when the ship jerked.

She gave a weak chuckle as she watched Avery climb back up. "Okay... maybe the gravity dampeners need some work. I'll try and check them out... but I'm not really a technician. If it's something serious, well... we'll just have to deal with the turbulence till we can afford a real mechanic."

Still, the lapimorph smiled as she looked out the cockpit at the trees before them... surely creatures with such need for greenery would live in an impressive forest... but was it a jungle, a mountain forest... or something even stranger?

(Sorry this took so long. works been a little nutty... and I've been playing starbound.)
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:45 am

(Don't worry 'bout it, I can wait as long as you need if things get too hectic.)

"In the meantime, we can invest in reinforced seat belts instead. They're...probably cheaper." Avery was slightly unsure about that last part...but surely something as simple as a seatbelt couldn't be pricier than gravity dampeners. The fact Avery was dwelling over this subject with concern showed that maybe they should invest in getting a mechanic instead. Baby steps.

As they descended into the atmosphere, the thicket covering Shu'gar came into a clearer view. It looked like a mountain forest...except much more bizarre. Some trees were absurdly small (which stood out by holes in the thick woods), while others were incredibly tall. Even some bizarre flowers, stalks, and fungi rivaled the trees around them in size. This only became more apparent as they disappeared behind the horizon as they came closer and closer to landing.
Eka's Gallery (vore short stories):
https://aryion.com/g4/user/GeneticMess
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 am

(Hohoooo... Probably the only post I'm doing tonight. work and starbound did terrible things to me. Upside, got ideas for a later quest... space girl scouts! and having to rescue them, because Kelly's a rebel.)

"Whoa..." Kelly's eyes were wide as she took in the varied and massive plant life. "This is incredible... so many different types and sizes! No wonder this place got picked out for exotic farming."
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 am

(D'aw, that sounds cute. Curious as to what kind of trouble just some simple scouts can get into.)

Once the ship was parked and everything was accounted for, Avery stepped out into the clearing, holding a good handful of the boxes to deliver. The air was slightly thicker than he was used to, but he could manage. A projection from a device connected to the hip of his jumpsuit projected a holographic map with a built in compass, to help ensure they'd always know where they're going. Avery gazed out into the darkness beneath the shadows of the trees. It looked equally peaceful and "waiting for just the right moment to ambush him". Considering the planet's top predator is rooted, hopefully that wouldn't be an issue.
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:20 am

Kelly had loaded up the hover cart with the rest of the boxes, and was pulling them behind Avery as he lead the way. "Welp, here we go. Lead the way, captain." the bunny girl looked around at the trees without any fear. "I got a zappy pistol, so we should be fine if anything shows up."
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Avery nodded with some unsureness, and started into the woods. It was rather uneventful at first, but the view was absolutely amazing. This place couldn't be more exotic with it's greenery if it tried. Avery was comstantly fawning over every flower, fungi, or tree they passed. About half an hour in, a child-like giggle echoes through the area, making Avery halt.

"Did...you hear that?" He speaks quietly, turning around to face Kelly. However, a figure shorter than him appears from the woods behind him, and swiftly smacks his ass. Hard. It gets a yelp out of Avery and makes him drop the boxes he was carrying, and the figure disappears in a cloud of...pollen? The flustered Avery just stands there in confusion from the smack, feeling a little...weird about it.
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:44 pm

"Yes, yes I did." Kelly's larger ears have pointed straight up, twitching side to side as she tries to locate the source of the giggling. The Lapimorph found Avery's interest in the plants mildly amusing... she thought it was a good thing that the nervous young slug was enjoying his time exploring another world.
Of course, she found it much less amusing when something caused him to yelp and drop all his boxes.

"Okay, not funny, whoever you are!" Kelly calls out to the forest. "We're here to deliver seeds to the agricultural experiment, we're not looking for any trouble." She's moved closer to Avery now, one hand on her pistol. She's not going to let anyone just smack around her friend, even if it is on the ass. "Come on out where we can see you."
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:41 am

There's silence...and then some kind of flower bulb is chucked past their heads before exploding into a thick cloud of pollen. It practically blinds the both of them, and puts Avery into a coughing fit. Something is definitely very close to them as at least a few figures are doing...something. Once the cloud clears, The figures have disappeared into the growth again, this time taking their boxes with them! A couple of them go out of their way to stop and playfully blow raspberries at the two, giving Kelly and Avery a chance to better identify their assailants: Polla.

These ones were dressed in little to nothing, going completely nude, although some of them did wear makeshift scarves or hats out of leaves, wood, or fungus. This contrasted largely with the picture from the file they were given, the Polla there was dressed in more standard and sophisticated attire. What was going on here?

"H-hey!" Avery stammered, already scrambling nervously through the forest after the ragtag team.
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:23 am

Kelly coughs loudly as the pollen is sucked into her sensitive nose. Then she starts sneezing.

"HaaaaaAAACHOOOOO! HACHOO! AchachachAAAAcchooooo! Aaaaugh!" She clasps her hands over her nose for a moment, and falls on her butt. Then she notices the cart is empty. "oh WHAT!?"

She pulls her zapper pistol. It's not much, but she waves it at the fleeing Polla. "GET BACK HERE YOU CREEPS! YOU STILL GOTTA SIGN FOR THAT!"
Darian
???

Postby Darian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:23 am

Kelly coughs loudly as the pollen is sucked into her sensitive nose. Then she starts sneezing.

"HaaaaaAAACHOOOOO! HACHOO! AchachachAAAAcchooooo! Aaaaugh!" She clasps her hands over her nose for a moment, and falls on her butt. Then she notices the cart is empty. "oh WHAT!?"

She pulls her zapper pistol. It's not much, but she waves it at the fleeing Polla. "GET BACK HERE YOU CREEPS! YOU STILL GOTTA SIGN FOR THAT!"
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:36 am

Off the beaten path, the Polla continue to flee, and as Avery managed to get a head start over Kelly, he seemingly disappears around the corner too. A couple seconds pass, and the runaway group can still be heard in the distance...but no sounds from Avery can be. What were these things up to? Had...had Avery fallen for some kind of trap by chasing after them?
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 am

"Avery?" Kelly begins to sweat as she realizes that she's lost sight of her partner and friend... "Avery! Where are you?!"

Listening desperately for the sqoushing of his movement and not hearing it, Kelly dashes in the direction she hears the runaway group of Polla making a ruckus. "Answer me Avery! Can you hear my voice?"

She begins to remember advice about being in a forest... namely don't run off without a map. "Okay okay, GPS, using the ship at least-" She pulls out her comm... "Okay, I know where the ship is... lets see if I can find Avery's comm... which I don't have... crap! I sure hope he remembers there's an emergency beacon on that thing, because if he gets lost..." She doesn't want to think about it. "he'll activate his comm if doesn't hear me..."
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:26 am

And with that, the very next step Kelly takes, under her foot comes a loud CRACK. It was...Avery's comm. Oh no. Another device, not too far away, was flickering painfully. It was his GPS, and the damage it had taken seemed to be from being carelessly tossed aside. It was damaged, but functional.

And then, something that almost completely blended in near the roots of a tree started moving weirdly. It looked like...a snake? It was thin near the head, but got thicker the further down it went, it's base hidden somewhere in a more dense arrangement of trees. It also seemed to lack a face...and it was coiled around an awfully familiar looking jumpsuit, wriggling ever so softly.
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:59 am

Kelly gets a chill as she scoops up the broken and discarded remains of Avery's Comm and GPS unit. Not good.

The Bunny girl's eyes go wide as she takes in the size of the woody snake... this must be a sap dragon. And it seems to have caught Avery. The rest of her thoughts are rather simple.

"LET HIM GO YOU HEAP OF COMPOST!"

A little red ray of light splashes into the coils holding Avery's wriggling jumpsuit as Kelly draws and fires her zappy pistol, powerful legs launching herself toward her trapped friend.

Kelly is humanly reckless.
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:15 am

Upon firing, a very human and mature voice grunts in pain, and the serpent seems to retreat...before something rises from beneath the soil. That wasn't some snake...that was merely this thing's roots.

The actual beast was a woman, not too unlike the picture they'd been shown of Sap Dragons...but these things were big in person. It stood on it's roots like a spider, and from root to head, it was nearly 14 feet tall! Dirt and debris fell around the Sap Dragon as she rose from her dormancy, and looked down at Kelly slyly. Her belly bulged outward and was easily bigger than Kelly...the largest figure in there being the only one struggling. Muffled whimpers could barely be heard, even up this close.

Before any further action could be taken, a couple of roots created a barrier around Kelly, preventing escape. Notably, none tried to harm or further restrict her.

"Hello, offworlder." The plant woman's voice was soft and slow, like sap leaking out of a tree. "You and that amber boy must be the deliverers sent to deliver the offworld seeds I've heard so much about..."
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:24 am

"meep."

Kelly's big ears fell flat back on her head as she took in the size of the Sap Dragon fully revealed... This was a really big beast, and it had Avery wrapped up in it's roots!

"Um... probably?" Kelly was pretty sure she hadn't heard anything about the Sap Dragons being part of the farming efforts... she really wished she'd read the briefing herself now.

"Yeah, I mean... we work for Oasis Shipping, and some little Polla just ran off with the seeds, so we really need to catch up to them. I'm sorry about uh... running into you. Would you mind pointing us toward where they ran off?" Kelly stammers and tries not to panic as the roots close in around her.
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 am

She chuckles softly...something about her demeanor is both relaxing and unnerving. The manhole like leaf on her belly slowly opens like a lid, showing who she had inside of her. A few of the Polla that had stolen their seeds were in there, along with...Avery!

He was whimpering, pinned down by the Polla who were, quite bluntly, violating his personal space. Hands were all over his body, some feeling him, others coating him in the Sap Dragon's stomach liquids. There was nothing stopping Kelly from hopping in and grabbing him, but something told her getting out wouldn't be as easy.

The leaf lid closed shortly after, again muffling the sounds from within.

"Now, hear us out for a minute, offworlder." She insisted. "My species is dominant on this planet. We can't have nosey offworlders like you growing more plants and threatening the balance of our ecosystem. And I don't think my little babies would be too happy to see their mama wilt away..." The Sap Dragon cradled her belly, before getting back to the subject at hand, revealing a root tightly holding all the seed boxes together. "So, if you let us get rid of the seeds, we can give you back your friend, no problem. Or, you can have these seeds back in exchange for keeping this boy for ourselves. Which will it be?"
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:23 am

"Balance of the ecosystem-" Kelly groans and paws her face. "You know, that's really not going to work. We're literally just the delivery guys! If you don't want your planet to be used for farming, this is a really bad way to protest it! There are MORE seeds they can send you know!"

Her eyes narrow a bit at the sap dragon... "Besides, from what I read, the Polla and the entire planet stand to gain a whole lot from opening up some areas for farming! Let my friend go, and we can talk about this like reasonable beings!"
Darian
???

Postby GeneticMess » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:40 am

The Lapimorph's protests cause the Sap Dragon's gentle smile to twist into a frown. Surprisingly, a non-civilized species that roams the forest like tigers all day didn't really understand the gravity of the situation. "M-more? How much more can there possibly...?"

"You speak of the townspeople. These Polla, like many others, have given their lives to Sap Dragons so they may experience everlasting euphoria." She hums softly. "More plant species would only give Sap Dragons competition, and lots of it. The townspeople may have much to gain, but we may face the danger of losing places to grow, sunlight to absorb, water to drink..."

A root regretfully rests by Kelly, giving her back the seeds. "You may deliver the seeds to the townspeople. This...this isn't a battle we can win, so there's no sense in fighting it at all." She sighs, the roots surrounding the Lapimorph withdrawing. "But please, just let me keep the boy until you deliver the seeds. I'm not sure if I'll meet am offworlder again..." Avery protested a bit with some light kicks, but the Sap Dragon was giving quite the puppydog eyes...
GeneticMess
???

Postby Darian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:49 am

(eheh... sorry if I spoiled your sexy capture monster with context-logic and stubbornness. Let me know if I start ruining too much fun.)

"That's up to him, and I don't think he's up for it." Kelly shakes her head firmly. "I am NOT the kinda person who's going to let a friend get sexed up if they don't want it... or if it's not good for them, even if I'm a bunny. Let him go."

Sexy as she might be, Kelly was a bunny who stuck to her guns.

"Besides... I got a better idea. Why don't you help deliver the seeds with us?" Kelly gives the Sap Dragon a big smile. "Come on, from what I see here, you get along GREAT with some of the Polla... at least while they're inside you. Maybe you can actually start being a part of the townsfolk's lives as well, in a... well, more symbiotic way. Unless all you Sap Dragons WANT is to enslave folks, in which case, you got bigger problems than farms in your future."

Odd how easily Kelly is talking now with a huge predator... she seems really fearless! Perhaps it's part of her human nature...
Darian
???

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay