Monster Chow (Misty and Ult)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Monster Chow (Misty and Ult)

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Moga Village is a quiet seaborne little settlement just off the coast of the Deserted Island. The village itself is made from wooden rafts lashed to floating barrels in the ocean and a large rock that rises from the ocean, and attached to the island by an incredibly long wooden bridge. Despite its size, the village serves as a fully-fledged seaport, busy and bustling with fishing vessels and traders - and of course, the guild of monster hunters. Moga Village has recently reported monsters beginning to roam around the deserted island to which it was attached, and sent out a request for a small force of novice-level hunters to stay in the village and remain on duty to help fight back any beasts that should wander too close to the village - and to take on further hunts in the nearby areas, of course.

Moga Village:
Spoiler: show

The guild in the end decided to send two brand new additions to their ranks to the village, which they were now approaching via guild ship with their liaison aboard from the nearby port of Tanzia. One of the two was a young man named Muir, who wielded two swords both shorter in length than anything the average hunter might use and forged from monster bones, along with the standard issue leather armour. Despite his small weapons, he had shown to be fast when wielding them, and particularly adept in water, which he has an affinity for. For this reason, he had been selected as a good candidate for the hunter programme in Moga Village.
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Re: Monster Chow (Misty and Ult)

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:37 pm

The other was a young man named Shawn. He tended to prefer basic swords. He still wasn't that sure in his own abilities, joining mainly to support his friend. But he was more than ready to try and prove himself. "So, our first real mission. You ready for this?" he asks him.
It's a dog eat dog world, and we're all just different flavors of Alpo.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Muir nods his head, although truth be told, he was unsure whether two barely-trained hunters would be able to sufficiently protect the village. He looked to his longsword-wielding friend and nods his head. "Once we get settled in and learn our way around the village, I'm eager to get started on our duty," he replies.
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:53 pm

He nods, visibly a little nervous. "Hopefully we can manage. I just hole I don't make too much of a fool of myslf." he says, chuckling.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:56 pm

"Nawh, we'll be fine. Don't put yourself down!" exclaims Muir, placing a hand on his shoulder as they pull into the port of the little village. "We'll start off small and work our way up big."
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:59 pm

He always did know how to cheer him up. "Your right. Baby steps as they say."
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Muir smiles as the pair are lead off their boat and introduced to the village chief. The chief explains the monster situation - new aggressive carnivores have begun making their home in the trees of the deserted island nearby, so they need help keeping them at bay. There's also the small matter of a leviathan causing minor local earthquakes in the area, the infamous Lagiacrus, but he assures the duo they wouldn't have to deal with that until they were far more skilled. He shows them the local item store, armoury and smithy, as well as a single-room living area with two small beds set aside for them and plenty of room to keep all their gear and items. Once they're settled in, he explains that they can find quests at the Quest Counter which they would need to complete.
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Shawn was taking mental notes of the important stuff. The more he heard, the more it seemed handleable, with time.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:49 pm

"Alright," murmurs Muir as he gets back up off his bed. "Shall we see what they have available for us to do already?"
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:23 pm

"Yeah, let's. I'm itching to get this started." he says.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:50 pm

The guild liaison grins as the duo approach. "Hiya! I heard you two wanted to start off easy, right? Good! This should help you get to know the layout of the area without putting you in any real danger," she tells them, handing over a slip of paper titled "Harvest Shroom". The quest simply asks for the pair to gather three "unique mushrooms" and deliver them back to the camp.
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:06 pm

"Hmm, sounds easy enough. Should be a good starting point." shawn says.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:09 pm

The guild liaison nods and stamps the paper, handing it back to them and sending them over to the nearest dock, where a small boat is waiting to take them around to the camp on the deserted island.
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:33 pm

It wasnt long before the were aboard, heading to their destination. Shawn was waiting patiently.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Muir seems comfortable to be on the waves again, although it's only a short sail before they're dropped off on their island campsite.

The camp:
Spoiler: show

Muir dismounts the boat and walks up the stone steps to the tent. "Alright... Camp bed, blue supply chest, red delivery chest. We can find maps and things in the blue chest, and we have to put the mushrooms in the red chest," he recites, reading his notebook.
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:26 am

"Alright, nice. Wonder what kind of monsters we'll run into here." he says.
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:31 am

Muir pulls out the quest info, and cross-references it with his hunter book. "Looks like...

Image Altaroth, ant-like creatures about the size of a dog that can spit relatively non-deadly acid long distances...  

Image Aptonoth, huge but docile herbivorous dinosaurs...  

Image Jaggi, small velociraptor carnivores that are aggressive towards humans and will attack on sight...  

Image And Kelbi, deer-like herbivores known for their medicinal horns. The males are green and will attack humans to protect the females, which are blue and docile with smaller horns.  
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:45 am

(may have to add a jaggi at some point, or request one) XD

"Quite the menagerie." he says, chuckling. "Hopefully they shouldn't be too strong."
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Postby ultimated » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:49 am

( :3 )

"Hope not!" exclaims Muir, rummaging in the box for a second, and pulling out a handful of things, including green bottles, ration packs, pink paintballs, and a map. Matching equipment still waits in the box for Shawn.

Map:
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby mistydolphin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:07 am

He goes to the box, grabbing his own supplies. "Alright, let's get this shindig started."
mistydolphin
Heavy user

Next

Return to Private Roleplay