Voracious City Streets (Abner and Darian)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Voracious City Streets (Abner and Darian)

Postby Darian » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:58 am

Baraccus Marcellus was an intimidating looking black man, well built but conservatively dressed. He was the current leader of the North Lane Confessors, a gang that was formed much like the Saints were: to defend their home against the predations of other, more powerful and hostile gangs in Solacourt City.

He used to be a cop, before he had been tossed out for being one of the few reliably honest cops left on the force. He didn't talk about what caused him to turn to whipping a street gang into shape himself, only that 'there weren't any more options.' Nobody in the gang doubted his loyalty now though, having come to their aid in personal ways and in physical ones. Nobody doubted his toughness either: as a cop, he'd been called the Barracade, and though he'd abandoned the name, it was whispered by his enemies.

Still, things were bad in Solacourt. The Spider's Web choked the city under a drug trade of extremely potent powers and very nasty recruitment tactics. The Cherubim were human traffickers with a lot of connections to City Hall, and happened to be composed heavily of demons and fallen angels. The Draugr were gun-runners, and particularly dangerous because they had a LOT of undead, which were hard enough to fight already.

Solacourt always had a certain... shady reputation, but in recent times it seemed like there was NOWHERE in the city that was safe. Baraccus, or simply, the Boss, wanted to change that... but didn't have a lot of options. Slowly but surely, though, he was making them.

"We need information. Money. Everything, really, but that's where we got to really start." He murmured to himself at the big desk at the run down Chapel.

"Ayla. Your sister has been bailing a few of the kids out of jams. Think she's up for something a bit more complicated than crackin heads and patchin' up gunshots?"
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Re: Voracious City Streets (Abner and Darian)

Postby Abner » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:11 am

Ayla raised her bright blue eyes at him. She sat in a pew staring at him before thinking for a moment. "Do I think she'd want to? Yes. Do I think she's ready? I'm not sure. Patching up wounds and fighting, any two-bit wannabe hero with a gun can do that. Doing other work? Running any illegal substances, sneaking into enemy lines, anything like that? She'll be scared to death". Ayla replied slowly leaning back looking around. Personally she fund the whole "Meeting in the Chapel" a bit tacky. Maybe it was the fact she didn't believe in a higher power, or just this would be the most obvious "Don't look at me here place" was hard for even her to figure out.

Slowly rising to her feet she fixed her dress "We need more people. We could steal them from the Web itself, or even some of the smaller gangs. Steal their stuff and sell it ourselves. We're already picking fights with them every so often, why not steal some stuff. Most of the time they couldn't trace it to us" she said with a soft smile. Suddenly an old orchestral piece began to play, the sound coming from her purse. "Must be her." she muttered grabbing the small purse and answered it.

"Yeah sis?.....Yeah, I'm busy.....Yeah. No, we don't need that..." Ayla said before looking at the boss. She stared in his eyes as she spoke the next few words "Come to the old Chapel.....yeah the one on the edge of 76th. Half an hour, don't be late. Love you to" she replied before closing her phone. "I'll let you two discuss the proposition boss". She lightly paced around the room thinking. Her sister was good at fighting, whether it be with a gun or with brass knuckles. Pandora wasn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination, she was just more of an "On the fly" thinker. Making up lies and trying to be quiet? Not really. The boss must be really desperate for Pandora, a newbie at that, to be considered.
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:05 am

"We need some talent, Ayla. Your sister is the best we got besides us. I'll need you to get scope out other allies for us. I know a couple small gangs around that aren't exactly part of the war. Madam Muffau, Sinuas... but they won't pay us any heed as we are. Least I know that Pandora won't turn on us if things get rough."

Barracus rubbed his finger over his temple.

"Meanwhile, we'll see if your sister can't wrangle something up herself."

(if you want to make up a side character or gang or so, go ahead. I'll tellmore about Madam Muffau and Sinuas later.)
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:41 am

"I'll get right on that" she responded nodding softly. "I have a few people in mind already. There's someone my sister knows from her old school named Jaska. He's a bit more quiet but he's rather intelligent and good with his hands. He's gotten in a few fights from what Pandora told me and won all of them" she said thinking for a moment "I also may know a mechanic who would help. His name's Kasey, he's a dwarf and certainly a character. I can try to talk to them later if you'd like" she said sitting down.

"You have an idea for my sister already don't you? What mission are you wanting to send her on?"
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 am

"Web has a money laundering scheme in an office building on Fourth Street. I want her to scope it out and find the leader of the operation, one Miss Shorty. Somebody in there has been driving that business into the gutter, getting people there fired or arrested when cops find something suspicious."

Baraccus' smile turns harsh.

"But if we find Miss Shorty, whoever they are, we'll shut down the whole operation and get whatever money and information they have on them. I'm sure you have your ways of making people talk... and Web members aren't as subtle as the Cherubim. The Queen marks them all with a tattoo, no matter how subtle they may be."

(Here's the plan, as I see it. Pandora grabs Kelly because she's the shortest person working there... though it turns out quickly during interrogation that she's not a member of ANY gang, just that something fishy was going on at work. Easiest way to prove this: strip her naked and check her for Web Tattoos. We'll go from there, I don't mind of Pandora gets a little rough with her, but only a little. She's cute and worth keeping, if Pandora is into that sort of thing.)
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:34 am

Ayla listened and gave a soft nod as a response. "The roughing up part she'll do just fine. Scoping the place out.....i'm hoping" she replied.

After waiting several moments Pandora walked inside the room peeking her head in. On her head sat a dark purple beanie while a thin strip of black hair fell over her left eye. She smiled seeing the boss and walked inside. A tight fitting black shirt with an obscure band title covered her top while tight black jeans hugged her lower body. "Sorry it took so long, traffic was hell" she said walking over. There were a few tattoos on various parts of her body, most of which were hidden by her clothing. A small nose ring sat on the side of her nose while small gages stretched her ear lobes. "You wanted to see me boss?" she asked happily almost bouncing.

(Sounds good to me :))
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 am

"I did. Got a job for you, if you think you're up for it." The Boss hands Pandora the address of the office building. "The Web has a money laundering scheme in this building. Not a business, a scheme. Someone in that building is a member of the Web called Miss Shorty. Me and Ayla want to talk to Miss Shorty... and we need them alive and relatively unharmed."

The boss folds his hands on the desk.

"Problem is, we don't exactly know WHO Miss Shorty is. only that a lot of people get arrested or fired there while Miss Shorty ends up smelling like roses and keeps stealing info and money from honest folk. That's where you come in. Figure out who Miss Shorty is, and bring her back here."

"I know it's not much to go on, but consider this a test and an experiment in freedom. I want to see how you handle this on your own." The boss gives Pandora a small smile. "I know this is a little more subtle than what you're used to... but you're tough and you're cute. I'm sure you can make this work. Still, try not to cause too many fires when you do this. We're trying to be better than the rest of the scum on the streets."

"Any questions?"
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:58 am

She stared at the paper memorizing the address. She thought for a moment long and hard before shaking her head. "I think I got it!" she said happily as Ayla nodded

"You'll do great" she said patting her shoulder. Pandora smiled widely

"I'll head out now boss! Thank you!" she said smiling before running out back to her car. As soon as the door closed Ayla muttered

"I think we made a big mistake". She sat back in the pew thinking long and hard.

The sound of Pandora getting in her car and driving off could be heard as she quickly made her way to the address. At first she pulled up pretending to be looking for change. The parking meter directly ahead said it had expired. While looking she studied the business to see what kind of business it was and who were walking inside.
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Fittingly enough it was a financing business of a sort. Several ordinary looking humans were leaving, as it was the end of the day, and their shifts were over.

That was good! Maybe she could break in and look for clues! But still, there were a few elves, but no-one really stood out from the crowd of rather ordinary looking office workers.

Until someone did: Panora would almost miss her, as she was incredibly short, but was actually a halfling!

The little brunette had her hair pulled back into a simple ponytail. She had caucasian skin, yet wasn't particularly pale and had freckles on her face and bags under her eyes.
Her body was rather mature, if petite for her size. She was a slim thing, with longish legs and just a bit of hips that were loosely defined in comfortable work slacks. She wore a loose white blouse that covered her shoulders but left her arms free.

This was Kelly, and she was the shortest person in her office, and she was wondering just how things had gotten so bad in her life. There never seemed to be enough business, and what with all the arrests made at her office, she'd been tainted by reputation for working there for a few years and just trying to keep her head down. Kelly couldn't work anywhere else, it seemed, and the job market and the city just seemed to be getting worse and worse.

"At least I get to go home and veg for a while." Kelly muttered, ignoring all the 'co-workers' who didn't take her at all seriously. She glanced at the line for the bus, and decided to take a quick walk to the subway instead. Maybe grab a sandwich on the way home.

All she had to do was cut through the alley beside her work. This was a relatively safe part of town, anyway...

"I swear, this town eats people alive..."
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Pandora smiled happily. Was this really the mission?! This was so easy, she was obviously the person. She sent a text to the boss simply saying "Found". Her eyes stayed on Kelly as she moved to get out of her car slowly sliding a nickel into the meter. She kept her head down in the crowd just wandering around some. She followed Kelly closely and when she saw the woman close enough she lightly tapped her shoulder "Hey! Umm sorry to bother you but i'm kind of lost. I'm not used to this part of town and can't figure out where I am. Can you help me?" she asked curiously. This would be her excuse to wait for any and all witnesses to disperse.
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:55 pm

"ah!" the woman jumped as Pandora touched her shoulder. "Uh... Maybe? I don't really live around here."

She turned around and... wow, she really only came up to Pandora's waist. This would be easy if she didn't have a gun or Taser in her purse. She was rather cute...

Kelly was at first shocked by Pandora's appearance. The pale skin, the multiple tattoos... the impressive figure. 'Wow... she seems like such a wild girl, yet she's being so nice. She's so... big too.'

"Where are you looking to go?" Kelly asked, wanting to be nice herself. The rest of the crowd had moved down the block, to the bus-stop.
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:05 pm

"You see i'm going to a friend's house. She said it was on 5th street, but I can't find it" she said. "Her name's Mrs. Shorty, you know her?" she said name dropping ready to attack if necessary. Pandora couldn't help but smile down at the girl trying to be as friendly as possible. Pandora kept an eye on the prize. The people left and she crouched down staring at the woman.

Pandora eyed her up happily as her stomach growled softly "Oh, and somewhere good to eat. Like a pizza place, or something like that?".
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:18 pm

"Mrs. Shorty? I... I don't know anyone named that."

'What the hell, that's a slur against dwarves and halflings!' Kelly's face fell and she no longer looked friendly. She looked insulted. Maybe this girl wasn't so nice after all.

"This is Fourth street. Take a right at the corner and you'll find Fifth street. There are plenty of shops." Her voice had gone a bit flat, and she had taken a step back from the girl. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. Good luck with finding your friends place."

This city was full of cruel people, it seemed. Something about how the girl was eyeing her was also a bit creepy... though as she turned to the alley, Kelly thought no more of the gothy, sexy girl.

Big mistake.
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Pandora smirked "Sorry cutie" she said and with a well placed move she slammed her elbow into the top of the halflings head. Whether it be from the blow or the hit off the concrete she hoped Kelly was unconscious. Quickly she lifted the woman up and ran her to her car throwing her in the trunk like luggage. "On the way back" she sent to hte boss before jumping in her car and drove off acting calm.

Back at the Chapel Ayla sat reading her book as she heard the phone go off. "Is that Panda?" she asked. Panda was a nickname that Pandora always hated to be called yet was one Ayla constantly called her.
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:37 pm

"AUgumph!" Kelly's cry of pain was cut off as her head smacked into the concrete, and she was only able to moan and wiggle weakly as she was tossed into the trunk of the car. She was tough for a little thing... though people often underestimated halflings. Still, she wasn't going anywhere.

"Yep. Looks like she's already on the way back." Baraccus seemed surprised. "Thought she'd spend a bit more time scoping the place out."

There's a bit of silence.

"yeah, I know there's no way she got the right person." The black man sighed heavily. "Lets see how badly she's screwed this up. If we hear sirens, she's in serious trouble."

(Luckily, Kelly's too poor to afford a cell-phone!)
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 pm

"Told you, my sister's a brawler. She's good for fighting, covering up wounds, but these type of things aren't the best. I should have gone out on that job" she said sighing. "If she goes to jail for this I blame you" she said softly turning the page of her book.

Pandora drove down the street playing her music loudly before gasping "Shit! I should have checked for a phone or tied her up. Shit!" she groaned as she tried her best to get to the chapel fast. She called the boss humming waiting smiling.
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:49 pm

"Well, this'll be a learning opportunity for everyone then." Baraccus rolled his eyes. then picked up the phone as it rang. "Lets hear what she has to say."

"Didn't expect to hear from you so soon, Pandora." The Boss says lightly to the phone as he picks up. "How did things go?"
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:54 pm

"It went well! I found the shorty, she was literally just walking in as I found her". She smiled softly driving through the street. "Did I do a good job boss?" she asked eager to impress. Sure she might have been careless but she got the job done didn't she?.

Ayla listened to Baraccus's side of the story quietly as if judging what he said to and about her sister
Abner
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:00 pm

"... 'The Shorty'?" Baraccus spoke flatly. "Pandora, you must realize I am not a man given to appellations (slurs). 'Miss Shorty' is the gang name your target has, not their actual description. In fact, they very well could have been a tall man. I expected you to spend a couple days on this job. I will be rather disappointed in you if you simply grabbed the first halfling or dwarf you saw coming out of that building."
Darian
???

Postby Abner » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Pandora was quiet for a moment "I'm umm...i'm sorry sir" she said clearing her throat "I just...I expected someone with that name would be a short person. I mean.....I'm sorry sir" she said trying to think of an excuse as Ayla sighed in the background.

"Baraccus, give her a second chance. It was her first time out. Worst case scenario we'll put whoever she grabbed to use" she said softly
Abner
Participator

Next

Return to Private Roleplay